What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Merritt jacked again.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
Merritt goes missing WTF. :? When?

i can kinda see what he is saying. he needs to improve his support play, as there have been many time when roy or whoever is looking for an offload and theres noone there. but i have been taken back by his form at the back this year. the guy didnt even get to prepare himself for fullback in the preseason, and he was great all year. not just in attack. he is a very good defender as the last line as well, especially for a little bloke

i can kinda see what he is saying. he needs to improve his support play, as there have been many time when roy or whoever is looking for an offload and theres noone there. but i have been taken back by his form at the back this year. the guy didnt even get to prepare himself for fullback in the preseason, and he was great all year. not just in attack. he is a very good defender as the last line as well, especially for a little bloke

Man,I must have been watching different games fot the last couple of years..Merritt is out best support player bar none.

hellteam

First Grade
Okay maybe he'd be in the top 10 wingers. But the problem for him getting in Australian rep touring squad is there is so many good players that will make the squad (who are better players then him) that can play wing just as well as their main position. Examples Hayne, Inglis, Folau, Boyd, J. Morris.. so it will be nearly impossible for him to ever make it I think

And for those who are saying he should be picked for fullback... I don't think so at all. Slater, Hayne, Boyd, Hunt, Patten, Gidley are all in front of him.

G-ROCK

Juniors
If not the Australian team he should be picked for NSW, okay you have Hayne on one wing, and i would love to hear who should be picked on the other wing over Nathan Merritt.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
so...

1. Slater
2. Hayne
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Folau

won't be picked?

we're not saying he should be a walk up start. but he should at least get a nod in the train on side. you have to admit it was ridiculous for macmanus the nobody and williams the imposter to be in line for origin before him

Folau - 16 tries in 17 games
Merritt - 19 tries in 23 games

Pretty similar really and anyone with half a brain would take Folau over Merritt any day

Anyone with half a brain and any scupples would realise that Folau has been injured for a portion of this year, and out of the two,Merritt is the form player!

hellteam

First Grade
Folau got 3 tries on the weekend, how many did Merritt get? Merritt will have cobwebs on his footy boots before they even think of picking the Four-Nations squad.

hellteam

First Grade
Merritt is 26 and Folau is 20.

Folau has achieved a ridiculous amount more in his 3 years in first grade (1 premiership, 2 grand finals, Origin/Test matches) then Merritt could ever dream of. I don't know how you can say he is a better footballer.

Latest posts