What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Merritt jacked again.

Blue Bagger 66

Juniors
sadly he's not the son of a former player, nor does he have a beard, nor does he play for the right club, nor has he been banished from another code, he hasnt been shot at outside a night club, he hasnt bashed his girlfriend, he's not a queenslander... so he don't sell papers... he's not a walking headline... so he don't get picked... ah rugby league... the greatest game of all...

Midnight Rabbit

Juniors
Nathan it seems has been marked to never play rep footy ever after what he said a few years ago when overlooked for rep duties. The selectors would rather go with gimicks than talent!

Jizmizm

Juniors
i think hes just unfortunate that hayne, slater and in the selectors eyes, gidley, are ahead of him. good player

MattJ

Juniors
Im not sure why you guys are suprised, he cant even get a city v country selection.
I feel the poor bloke cant do much more to push for rep selection, you would think he'd have to be a shoe in for dreamtime side next year... would hate to see him over looked for that one.

African Monkey

First Grade
Im not sure why you guys are suprised, he cant even get a city v country selection.
I feel the poor bloke cant do much more to push for rep selection, you would think he'd have to be a shoe in for dreamtime side next year... would hate to see him over looked for that one.
Yeah I know it's sad really. They'll find someone to take his place in the dreamtime side.

Achillies

Juniors
I cant understand his non selction. I wouldnt trade him for any other fullback in the game at the moment. He looks to of nailed the move to fullback after struggling when moved there before. His support play down the centre of the ruck is second to none, he is rock solid under the high ball, his defence is soild, not many guys have run him down when in the clear and he has the habit of scoring tries out of nothing. Nathan in the squad would give you a fullback who is just as comfortable on the wing whereas the likes of slater,stewart and Hunt are out and out fulbacks who struggle on the wing. Over the next couple of seasons he could become one of the premier fullbacks in the game.

I cant understand his non selction. I wouldnt trade him for any other fullback in the game at the moment. He looks to of nailed the move to fullback after struggling when moved there before. His support play down the centre of the ruck is second to none, he is rock solid under the high ball, his defence is soild, not many guys have run him down when in the clear and he has the habit of scoring tries out of nothing. Nathan in the squad would give you a fullback who is just as comfortable on the wing whereas the likes of slater,stewart and Hunt are out and out fulbacks who struggle on the wing. Over the next couple of seasons he could become one of the premier fullbacks in the game.

Hard to argue.

G-ROCK

Juniors
I can understand him maybe getting overlooked for Fullback as there is Hayne, Slater and Gidley. And i wouldn't trade merritt for anyone of them but they are all really good fullbacks, but there is no reason why he shouldnt get a spot on Wing. I don't think he can do much more to get a spot, he takes out the leading try scoring a couple of years back in a side that got the wooden spoon (first time in rugby league history) where he beat out brett stewart, his been scoring tries ever since, he scores 19 tries this season to rank 4th in the try scorers, mind you he got switched from wing to fullback this year and the next closesty fullback in the list is probably hayne who is on 13 or so tries.

Mate i think we should send Fa'logo over to the selectors houses to knock some sense into them.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Just reminds me of how the sharks preferef david simmons to merrit now there is crazy talk

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Merrit should have at least made the train on squad. He should also have shut up two years ago when he didn't get picked.

Not saying that what he said was wrong, but the blazer wearing morons who go under the title of "selector" like to make examples of insubortinates.

Feel for Merrit. He's a good player, if not a little mercurial. Goes completely missing at times. Reminds me of Blacklock.

Merrit should have at least made the train on squad. He should also have shut up two years ago when he didn't get picked.

Not saying that what he said was wrong, but the blazer wearing morons who go under the title of "selector" like to make examples of insubortinates.

Feel for Merrit. He's a good player, if not a little mercurial. Goes completely missing at times. Reminds me of Blacklock.

Merritt goes missing WTF. :? When?