What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Merritt or Michael Gordon

Who would you prefer in your NSW team?

• Gordon

Votes: 67 68.4%
  • Merritt

Votes: 31 31.6%

• Total voters

DC_fan

Coach
I would pick Merritt over Gordon on every day of the week. For me Merritt is a much better winger then Gordon. But in saying that there is some areas to Merritts game that need attention. Too often he lacks intensity.

what got Gordon in the NSW team was goal kicking.

perverse

Referee
has Uate expressed any interest in sitting out of international league for 2 years in order to change his eligibility?

honestly, all i see is wishful thinking from blues fans on the issue. he's an incumbent Fijian international... and to the best of my knowledge he's proud of his heritage and proud representing Fiji. i've certainly seen nothing to suggest he's planning to switch allegiance... but perhaps i've missed something?

age.s

First Grade
It's funny how the votes so completely don't correlate with what's being said loudly in the thread.

abpanther

Staff member
It's funny how the votes so completely don't correlate with what's being said loudly in the thread.

It's just that most people couldn't be bothered try to discuss it with all the homer Souths fans...

mxlegend99

Referee
Nathan Merritt is lucky he didn't get picked tonight. He wouldn't have seen the ball and his "defensive" centre would have done sh*t all to help him out. Michael Gordon did a great job considering how average his centre was IMO. A few nice runs up the middle and solid defence outwide. His only real error in defence was partly due to his centre being nowhere and having to mark both Boyd and Inglis on his own. He committed to one but the other was always going to score.

To be honest Brett Morris should be more concerned about his spot. Has done nothing all series and is gifted a try by Jarryd Hayne only to drop it with almost no pressure. Most wingers would have run that in with ease.

no name

Referee
I dont even think that was his error. Lack of numbers and being the last tackle worked against him.
Had he rushed up in to the line, like Gus had suggested, QLD put a kick through and they score. Gus would have then rambled on about him not being back.
The defensive error was a team one which came from the ruck.

mxlegend99

Referee
Yeah I didn't really consider that his error. He had to mark both Inglis and Boyd on his own. Inglis had the ball and he committed to him. Probably the best choice he could have made. Atleast trying to take on Inglis there was the minor chance that Boyd could have dropped it or that Inglis would go himself. Although unfortunately that's what our winger (Morris) and centre (Scott) were doing.

I also loved how he stuck to his wing and trusted his inside men to do his job. There were a few occassions where most wingers would have gone in to help and QLD would have spread it to the wing and made the break. That was a big part of how QLD destroyed us in the first 2 games. Hayne and Monaghan kept leaving their wing wide open.

Bumble

First Grade
In the end, I could've played on the wing and it would've made no difference.

Beau Scott. :lol:

Galeforce

Bench
Merritt would have come in field to take the ball up from dummy half and would have been there to back up any middle of ruck plays , that is part of his game. we will never know when he is not given a chance.

gronkathon

First Grade
It is very hard to judge as Morris normally does alot of DH running at the start of sets and was barely involved in it all series.

Coaches gameplan perhaps?

mxlegend99

Referee
Gordon was mistake free but not dangerous on the wing.
Pretty hard to be dangerous when your centre won't pass you the ball. The amount of times Michael Gordon had room to move and could have either made a linebreak or possibly even scored a try only for Beau Scott to run it himself and get tackled immediately was a disgrace.

As it turns out the only opportunities the right winger had were in dummy half runs, hit ups and defence. Pretty much exactly as expected. There's no finishing involved in a NSW wingers job. :(

The one time that opportunity did come up... Brett Morris butchered it. :crazy:

Latest posts