What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Tinkler withdraws Knights offer

Alex28

Coach
As far as Rothfield's article goes...and this might just be me...but are the copies of the letter supposed to show that he demanded the loan repaid in full and then backed down and offered to forgive the loan? Because the concession is dated before the demand...

So...he has offered to write off the loan, and then obviously when negotiations have gone to sh*t he's demanded repayment in full (of a loan he may or may not have written off)?

macavity

Referee
Just a point that i,d like to bring up is this.

A few SELECT ppl were summoned to a meeting yesterday morning at Knights HQ, apparently to discuss CERTAIN THINGS. I as a member want to know why these ppl were "selected", why couldnt those certain things be discussed with ALL MEMBERS on Monday, not just select few................is anyone else pissed off about this, or am I a lone soldier.

supporters club members and volunteers were the invitees, Dave.

I sent you a text and you didn't respond - have you changed your number?

B-dos

Referee
good to see tinkler swallow his pride and put the deal back on the table

really just hope both parties manage to get this over the line this time

first step is the patrons trust model being placed firmly on the backburner and full effort placed in getting the tinkler deal done

cram

Bench

first step is the patrons trust model being placed firmly on the backburner and full effort placed in getting the tinkler deal done

Yes and I must admit when I heard Mark Fitzgibbon interviewed on ABC Local Radio the other day he was very concilliatory in his tone and seems that he been able to broker this through.

In my opinion the Tinkler deal, may offer the best solution but the reality is that there are some major issues with the way he has been advised to deal with situation. In saying that I am not absolving the Knights of all blame either however, Tinkler has a greater capacity to PR advise then the Knights.

In the abscence of any other deal the Patriots Trust Model offers a good outcome and the fact that the club put it on the back burner before and are seemingly willing to do that again provides the opportunity for a good deal with Tinkler to be negotiated.

I bet Tink's fave song is queen's 'I Want It All'. That aside I wonder if Fitzgibbon has got in Tinkler's ear and laid out where he can plug the leaks in the deal and still be happy. Fitzgibbon is a very smart businessman and has a good reputation across the nation. He has little to gain or lose from the deal going through IMO.

supporters club members and volunteers were the invitees, Dave.

I sent you a text and you didn't respond - have you changed your number?

Who did you send messages to??

JD and Beck also never got any msg, looks like you dont have there numbers either.

macavity

Referee
I sent one to Bec - I will have to check her number too.

I didn't send one to JD because I don't have his number and figured you would let him know!

I lost all of my numbers when I changed numbers/phones and had to manually enter them - fat fingers and iPhone keypads dont go together too well!

Gene Krupa

Referee

What makes this all so funny is if this was a union or the Labor party, Dros would be all up in arms about how they are usuing bully boy tactics.

Ironic he can't extend the same to a fat mine owner.

B-dos

Referee
What makes this all so funny is if this was a union or the Labor party, Dros would be all up in arms about how they are usuing bully boy tactics.

Ironic he can't extend the same to a fat mine owner.

oh dear.

i always knew you were generally miles from the point but this is a new high for you gene

well done

sneaky_is_here

Juniors
Rothfield read my posts yesterday ;-) Good article I thought. I was also saying at work the other day it was dangerous the way Tink was talking to players. I don't think if the takeover was successful he should have any part in that EVER (besides giving the money to sign them of course.) Like Russell Crowe coaching at souths training.

Gene Krupa

Referee
oh dear.

i always knew you were generally miles from the point but this is a new high for you gene

well done

Right so fat bully boys are ok with you, as long as they support your ideology?

The point is that is is nothing more than leverage tacktics, to try and split the supporter base and you're waving the flag for him. Good work.

adamkungl

Immortal
Still think you should be cautious. Even with the deal revised to clear up the sticking points, a $10m guarantee could still be worth $0. As many people have said, with the stadium completed and NRL grant due to be increased, with some on-field success the Knights could be pulling in far more than that in a couple of years anyway. Will the Knights need Tinkler? Financially, I don't believe so. The main thing he offers is pulling power in player recruitment and sponsorship. On the other hand, is his personality worth it? That's the $100 million question...

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Still think you should be cautious. Even with the deal revised to clear up the sticking points, a $10m guarantee could still be worth $0. As many people have said, with the stadium completed and NRL grant due to be increased, with some on-field success the Knights could be pulling in far more than that in a couple of years anyway. Will the Knights need Tinkler? Financially, I don't believe so. The main thing he offers is pulling power in player recruitment and sponsorship. On the other hand, is his personality worth it? That's the $100 million question...
I guess a by-product of what you're saying Kungl is whether the fact he's got pulling power which will draw players here worth the fact he may still be getting the club for free?

adamkungl

Immortal
I guess a by-product of what you're saying Kungl is whether the fact he's got pulling power which will draw players here worth the fact he may still be getting the club for free?

That, and if the past week (Snowden and Idris) is any indication, he will probably have a 'hands on' management approach.

Latest posts