What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Tinkler withdraws Knights offer

cool

a commitment of shyteloads less than what tinkler offered

and hours after they royally farked up one offer they are calling a meeting to chat about another 'model'?

only history tells me these jokers are actually for real

How f**ked are your maths, DID YOU NOT UNDERSTAND that on our current financials we are ALREADY pulling in OVER $12,000,000 a year from sponsors, season tickets etc, all that tinkler said was that he would guarantee $10,000,000 a yr if he bought the club............So in actual fact each yr he would be $2,000,000 ahead.

perverse

Referee
Dilligence in screwing things up. This will most probably be backed up with re-signing of the nuffy coach. Always content with mediocrity that is the Knights.
i see a lot of naysaying with zero subtance.

what exaclty has the board or the administration screwed up in this case? please outline where they should have done things differently. please provide a skerrick of evidence to support your assertions.

B-dos

Referee
Unfortunately the present is telling me you are for real.

of course im for real alex

that we are in the position we are now is an utter disgrace

the two 'deals' are worlds apart and yet here we are looking at what is undoubtedly an inferior offer

i genuinely cannot believe people here arent so disgusted they are martching on EA stadium right now.

The board uncovers that Tinkler's promises were not for real, potentially saving the club from a Constantine/Jets-esque situation because he would not commit to paper what he was promising, and you are STILL bagging them?

uncovers? the f**king offer was on the table alex. you seem to want to make it out like it was a big secret and the clever board figured it all out.. lol

i said in the previous thread i have no problem with ironing out details. however clearly the negotiation skills and arrogance of tew and burraston have p!ssed our buyer off to such an extent he has had enough. they are like tweedle dee and tweedle dumb. f**king jokers.

Now all you are doing is trolling. No better than Coastbloke.

lol

get over yourself alex. posting a differing opinion which happenss to be disgust at a situation yourself and others are apparently ok with is not "trolling".

that you guys are perfectly ok with the demise of an offer and the tabling of a new one within hours is hilarious

B-dos

Referee
How f**ked are your maths, DID YOU NOT UNDERSTAND that on our current financials we are ALREADY pulling in OVER $12,000,000 a year from sponsors, season tickets etc, all that tinkler said was that he would guarantee $10,000,000 a yr if he bought the club............So in actual fact each yr he would be $2,000,000 ahead.

lol

how much of our mega bucks is "guaranteed" again?

zero?

thanks einstein

B-dos

Referee

what exaclty has the board or the administration screwed up in this case? please outline where they should have done things differently. please provide a skerrick of evidence to support your assertions.

well one party walked away because he was extremely unhappy with the way negotiations panned out and the performance of those carrying out the negotiations

based on that id suggest those involved in said negotiations didnt manage the whole affair very well at all.

perverse

Referee
hey B-dos, how about you back your sh*t up like we have. zero substance, zero credibility. continuously playing the same lines that have been debunked multiple times over.

you're either making a play at getting some attention, lookatmoiii lookatmoiii, or you're a losty, which tbh you have proven in the past too. provide any sort of rational argument based on reality and someone will take you seriously. hell, i can build you an argument for your side if you like, because i'm riding the fence pretty hard due to the lack of information we have. i honestly think i could have a more constructive discussion on this with myself, than with you. funny, but sad.

roopy

Referee
The Tinkler offer was all smoke and mirrors, and that was pretty clear from very early on - but that doesn't mean that he didn't mean to make something special happen, which he could have done with the change he keeps in his pants pocket.

All i think we should have nailed down was a very clear exit strategy, and we should have let him give it his best shot.

Sport should be about fun, and Tinks deep pockets would have been fun till he got bored with it all.

Alex28

Coach
One party walked away because the other party had the hide to highlight to the current owners of the club (the members) that there were massive gaping holes in the offer and that it differed to the offer that was originally judged to be the best offer at the time?

He walked away before they could even meet today. That is how immature your hero is B-dos.

B-dos

Referee
hahahahahahahahahahahahaa

hahaha

hahahahah

I am glad you don't handle my money.... :sarcasm:

lol

dont get upset mac

i just found your appraisal of your buddies press conference and your thoughts on their tabling the inferior (though your preffered) model hilarious

stands to reason to blindly support them even through the f**k ups...

adamkungl

Immortal
all of these things.

additionally, i'd like to say i'm really proud of the club right now. the deal started to stink, they asked for clarification on the smellier parts, and Tinkler was exposed. plain and simple. he has tried to pull a swifty on us and brought himself undone. if he had played with a straight bat, then there wouldn't have been a problem.

we'll move forward. on the field things are looking up, and i'm still happy with our squad. our situation hasn't changed - i just want a quality prop for 2012. will miss out on Snowy now, but there are plenty more props on the market.

this patrons trust private ownership model is certainly worth getting out of the bottom drawer and having another look at. things are going to get much easier for NRL clubs over the coming years, and Tinkler was well aware of that. we'll be ok, and i'm rather sickened by some of the comments about losing faith in the club over this. today is a day of pride, we didn't get bullied and pushed around by what honestly appears to be quite a petulant rich man at this stage.

i'm not convinced that he won't be back... in fact, depending on who is talking about in regards to not dealing with our current admin, it could be a lot sooner, rather than later. everyone should keep themselves strapped in, i don't think the ride is over yet. Tinkler was very explicit in saying that it was the current admin he didn't want to deal with, not our club in general. i feel a coup coming on.

I'm no Knights fan but agree with all of this.

DJShaksta

First Grade
May the future ofthe knights be determined by fans such as perverse, macavity and the like.
And not undermined by "fans" like b-dos and rusty.

Silent Knight

First Grade

Oh don't you know Perverse? It's perfectly okay to come out with baseless accusations against the board when you have no real substance to back it up! So long as it fits your agenda it's okay! Who needs facts in this day and age, I don't need to form my own opinion I can just read the comments page on the Newcastle Herald! Ok the Herald hates Burraston and Tew, I better tow the line!

Even when you do wave the facts in front of said agenda-driven person's face, they'll probably just come back and say you're one of the "gang of four" and that they're only being knocked down because they're offering a different "opinion" (also referred to as baseless conjecture with no real substance)

Burraston is BAD BAD BAD, just because I said so! I don't need to back up my claims! Owww you're picking on me, you mean gang of four!

cram

Bench
lol

stands to reason to blindly support them even through the f**k ups...

This is a bit rich from a bloke who appears to be involved in a long running love affair with Nathan Tinkler, I find it hilarious that you display the same characteristics of those you choose to ridicule and criticise....pot meet kettle.... :roll:

The Tinkler offer was all smoke and mirrors, and that was pretty clear from very early on - but that doesn't mean that he didn't mean to make something special happen, which he could have done with the change he keeps in his pants pocket..
Some change .... $2,000,000 a year

Must have very bloody big pockets :crazy::crazy:

adamkungl

Immortal
I don't believe people are on Tinkler's side...by the looks of it he was buying the club for a grand total of $0 per year.

roopy

Referee
I don't believe people are on Tinkler's side...by the looks of it he was buying the club for a grand total of $0 per year.
As a mate of mine always says 'a fool and his money are soon partying'.
I wanted to go to the party.

B-dos

Referee
This is a bit rich from a bloke who appears to be involved in a long running love affair with Nathan Tinkler, I find it hilarious that you display the same characteristics of those you choose to ridicule and criticise....pot meet kettle.... :roll:

not tinkler cram

anyone who seeks to secure our financial future and drive the club forward as one of the premier clubs in the comp is fine by me

tinkler happened to be the man in this case