What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

National Under-20s Signings for 2008

Mitchsu Danger

Juniors
Dogaholic said:
Is that official yet Mitchus?

these signings rarely ever are made official. there was rumours around like 2months ago that they were in talks now he's signed apparently so id say its true.

Stagger eel

Staff member
there's a rumour doin the rounds the we signed Lachlan Coote from the Panthers, sounds too good to be true tbh but we'll soon see.

Brad Murray has not signed with Parra and Cam Speechly is still talking to Parra but the money from the dogs is reportadly pretty big.

girvie

Staff member
Just heard a few rumours.

Tim Browne from Souths to Manly.
Robert Worsley from Cronulla to Canterbury.

roopy

Referee
Lucas Miller - NSW u17 and 19s rep and son of Aus schoolboys coach 'Barny' Miller, goes from Knights to Storm.
He was contracted to the Knights for next season, but was released on 'compassionate' grounds.

girvie

Staff member
roopy said:
Lucas Miller - NSW u17 and 19s rep and son of Aus schoolboys coach 'Barny' Miller, goes from Knights to Storm.
He was contracted to the Knights for next season, but was released on 'compassionate' grounds.
That's a good signing.

Compassionate grounds? That is odd.

Biglance

Bench
St George Illawarra Dragons
New Players:
James Woolford - from Canberra SG Ball

Retained Players:
Chase Stanley.

Unsure/Unsigned:
Daniel Fepuleai, John Kennedy, Malcolm Leaeno, Luke Muttdon, Kevin Naiqama, Lagi Setu, Dale Sullivan, Sene Tala.

Lagi Setu has resigned for another year with the dragons

girvie

Staff member
Apparently Manly have signed Kenny Edwards who is in the Australian Schoolboys squad this year and goes to Kebra Park.

sooperdooper

First Grade
girvie said:
Apparently Manly have signed Kenny Edwards who is in the Australian Schoolboys squad this year and goes to Kebra Park.

he will be a super star...best at the schoolboys recently

Stagger eel

Staff member
.::mitchusonfire::. said:
Bulldogs signed 19 year old Eels winger Nathan Tannous
interesting signing, he is the Darren Clark of Jersey Flegg, runs like the wind but can't play to save his life.

he's currently struggling to make the 20 man squad in the team.

bunnies

Juniors
Souths have signed Junior Vai Vai from Brisbane East for the Under 20's coomp for next season.

parra pete

Referee
roopy said:

Isn't Simon Huntly Australian schoolboy coach?

roopy

Referee
parra pete said:
Isn't Simon Huntly Australian schoolboy coach?
according to the article i read in the Newcastle sports extra in last weeks telegraph (or maybe it was the herald) - Miller is the coach taking the team to England. I think they change coaches pretty regularly.

Swamprat

Juniors
roopy said:
according to the article i read in the Newcastle sports extra in last weeks telegraph (or maybe it was the herald) - Miller is the coach taking the team to England. I think they change coaches pretty regularly.
I don't think the schoolboys are going to England this year. They only picked 17 or 18 players, usually they pick about 30 when theyre going to Europe and they toured Europe last year. Are you sure its not an academy team?

roopy

Referee
Swamprat said:
I don't think the schoolboys are going to England this year. They only picked 17 or 18 players, usually they pick about 30 when theyre going to Europe and they toured Europe last year. Are you sure its not an academy team?
I'm not sure now. I took a lot more notice of the bit about Lucas getting a 'compassionate' release from the Knights and skimmed the other bit, i probably got it wrong - but it was definately about him coaching a junior side and england was mentioned.