What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Natural men scolded into timidity

dannyboy

Juniors
yeah, this isnt the thread for kids league safety/weight restrictions discussion, its been done to death, HOWEVER i will say this.

I don't know a single kid under the age of 13 who has been seriously injured playing League. Kids simply lack the size and strength to break each other. The second they hit puberty the broken bones and concussions start coming. For young kids though, League is as safe a sport as any, if not moreso.

Freak accidents are usually the only thing but I did see on one fateful day an under 7's kid break his arm, an under 9's player his collarbone and under 13's his leg....not a feel good day that one and all of them were just freakish accidents and not through illegal or rough play. Generally, I reckon it is so well policed that it delivers little more than bruising.

Big Time

Juniors
Freak accidents are usually the only thing but I did see on one fateful day an under 7's kid break his arm, an under 9's player his collarbone and under 13's his leg....not a feel good day that one and all of them were just freakish accidents and not through illegal or rough play. Generally, I reckon it is so well policed that it delivers little more than bruising.

They are all tough badges. Once upon a time it was cool to go to school with an injury gained from playing footy. Was nothing better then going to school with a few stitches or busted nose. How tough did you feel.

CJG 182

Juniors

Totally agree with this. In 10 years of playing contact sport I only suffered one major injury and I still have no clue how it happened. Had a concussion or two and a ligament tear here and there but only slight ones.

They are all tough badges. Once upon a time it was cool to go to school with an injury gained from playing footy. Was nothing better then going to school with a few stitches or busted nose. How tough did you feel.

Agree with this too, there was nothing better. You'd get everyone to sign the cast if there was one, sympathy, you were the big news story at school for a week.

Latest posts