What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nba Finals Thread

Southernsaint

Staff member
The Spurs Suns series is the only one with a game scheduled for the Saturday (our time) so it will be the ESPN match...

I think it's pretty certain that the Cavs will wrap up their semi today. It won't be through lack of trying from Jason Kidd, though...

El Coconuto

Bench
Stonecutter said:
I'm not talking about him flailing his arms, I'm saying once he was down he was acting like a soccer player and acted like he was seriously injured. 2 seconds later when he saw the scuffle he leaped to his feet and got involved. The only reason Stoudamire and Diaw even got involved in the scuffle and suspended is because they thought he was hurt, and he clearly wasn't.

So good on yah Nash, you just might have cost your team the finals. :D

Actually, if you check the replay on ESPN.com both Amare and Diaw stepped on the court before he even hit the floor. How the hell was it Nash's fault that he got cheap shotted? Bruce Bowen knees Nash in the groin and tries to blow out Amare's ACL. Manu is throwing his elbows around like he's Bill Cartwright. And Horry's true colours come shining through. Such a dirty team and so darn boring to watch. But saying Nash is responsible for costing his team the finals (given what he did in games 2 and 4 to even give them a shot) has next to no substance...

Southernsaint

Staff member
Anytime someone makes a spectacular play the whole bench usually jumps up, waves their towels & often infringes on to the court. I take it David Stern is going to punish each one of those players?

I will be devastated if Blalock gets suspended because ‘Sheed dunks on someone when we’re up by 20 in the 4th quarter…

Mr Saab

Referee
Nashs dive into the scores table was Socceresque.
Amare would have gotten "into it" had he not been restrained by the coaching staff.
He deserves his suspension.

El Coconuto

Bench
Ummmm, I'm just trying to look for the part where I said that I disagreed with the suspensions? I don't. And precedent was set looooooong before this season.

My argument is that you can't blame Steve Nash for the suspensions. Look at his frame. Anyone his size getting body checked on the run by a guy the size of Horry is going to end up in the scorers table. Nash has NOTHING to do with this suspension and it's absurd for anyone to suggest he does....

Stonecutter

First Grade
El Coconuto said:
Actually, if you check the replay on ESPN.com both Amare and Diaw stepped on the court before he even hit the floor. How the hell was it Nash's fault that he got cheap shotted? Bruce Bowen knees Nash in the groin and tries to blow out Amare's ACL. Manu is throwing his elbows around like he's Bill Cartwright. And Horry's true colours come shining through. Such a dirty team and so darn boring to watch. But saying Nash is responsible for costing his team the finals (given what he did in games 2 and 4 to even give them a shot) has next to no substance...

What about Marions poke to the eye and the whole Suns bench screaming at Bowen taking a three in game 2 which gave them the lead.

What would you have done if you were Horry? he just closed the gap Nash was trying to get through, any player in the NBA would do the same in a clutch situation. And Bowen kneeing Nahs in he groin was completely incidental aswell, as the commentators said every player in NBA does it to clear room, it just got him in the jewls which is what the babies are moaning about.

Even though the NBA is meant to be non-contact, I'd much rather see physical play then have the game turning into a sissy fest like football.

El Coconuto

Bench
There's a big different between physical play and dirty play. San Antonio are dirty.

As for any player in the NBA doing the same in a clutch situation, well, that was hardly a clutch situation. The game was over, Nash was running out the clock, Horry was frustrated. I don't think Horry deserved two ganes, but that was the NBA's way of trying to make it right when the best thing to do was fix the hopeless rule...

Mr Saab

Referee
El Coconuto said:
Ummmm, I'm just trying to look for the part where I said that I disagreed with the suspensions? I don't. And precedent was set looooooong before this season.

My argument is that you can't blame Steve Nash for the suspensions. Look at his frame. Anyone his size getting body checked on the run by a guy the size of Horry is going to end up in the scorers table. Nash has NOTHING to do with this suspension and it's absurd for anyone to suggest he does....

I am not blaming Nash for the suspensions, i am just saying it was a soccereaque dive.
Not his fault that Amare didnt have the composure to sit still.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Mr Saab said:
I am not blaming Nash for the suspensions, i am just saying it was a soccereaque dive.
Not his fault that Amare didnt have the composure to sit still.

On the other side of the coin, if you just sit there while your franchise player is smashed into the scorers desk you get the whole nation tagging you as "soft"...

Amare had just come of a stretch of being called a "whinger" for complaining about Bruce Bowen so you can understand his reaction.

Mr Saab

Referee
There are 4 othes teammates on the court that can help Nash.

I like Sterns rules. You leave the bench when a fight occurs, you are suspended.
Cant have a 10 on 10 fight on the court...turn into a nightmare and bad bad publicity for the NBA...and the NBA have had plenty of that with the Pistons Pacers 2004....Knicks Suns 1992....Knicks Nuggets 2007.

Mr Saab

Referee
Yeah and thats as far as you get.
Jazz will be lucky, lucky to get to a game 6 in the Conf Finals

Southernsaint

Staff member
Mr Saab said:
Yeah and thats as far as you get.
Jazz will be lucky, lucky to get to a game 6 in the Conf Finals

The Jazz have very good point guard, good inside threats. They hit the boards hard and have a great coach in Jerry Sloan.

They will be playing the winner of the bloodbath that is Spurs / Suns.

Utah have a very good chance of reaching the finals, IMO...

Mr Saab

Referee
I hope not, the Pistons struggle against dem Jazz.
I know this might sound nuts, but i would prefer to play the Spurs.
The Jazz have the Pistons number...just like the Warriors have the Mavs number.
All about matchups.

Latest posts