What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBA News

OZ_Falcon

Juniors
I would hate to see that no 3-pointer rule come into effect that would really take alot away from the game. I doubt it would get much support either.

Saw some highlights of Shaq tonight vs. Atlanta. He looks quicker and more mobile, but that was only seeing a few highlights, not the whole game. He had 15 points so I'm not sure if he played many minutes.

Jonotallica

Juniors
He played 19 mins. :) I got 2nd pick in the fantasy league with the grizzlies.com forumers and it was a live draft yesterday, so I picked Shaq over Duncan and Kobe etc.. I'll be keeping a close eye on him. Looks good so far.

About the 3 point rule... imo its stupid to not allow 3's and then all of the sudden allow them because its near the end of the game. Either allow them or don't. And I think I speak for most people when I say that we want the 3 to stay.

edabomb

First Grade
Yea I like him so much more than LeBron :roll: .

LeBron is everything Carmello never will be. I like Carmello, but I can't believe people compare the two as players.

Mr Saab

Referee
edabomb said:

LeBron is everything Carmello never will be. I like Carmello, but I can't believe people compare the two as players.

anthony showed his true colours in the olympics.

OZ_Falcon

Juniors
The scuffle in the bar, the marijuana charge - the signs aren't good for this guy's career.
That is a real shame because he is a fantastic talent and only looks to get better.

pug306

Juniors
get off the kids back,
he is 20yrs old.

Yes he is going to make some dumb arse mistakes,
but in the end his talent should get him across the line.

Does anybody ever remember how many bar room fights Charles Barkley got him self into, but he still left a pretty healthy legacy.

The pot charge is looking like being dropped,
so that will be forgotten quickly.
unless he turns into a Ricky Williams basket case (unlikely).

The Nuggets have a Superstar in the making.

El Coconuto

Bench
Yeah,

Carmelo Anthony is a gauranteed lock for future All Star appearances if he keeps himself in the right frame of mind. He was robbed of half last years ROY award (yes, it should've been split) and has fallen victim to Lebron-mania.

He'll lead Denver into the second round of this years playoffs! :twisted:

On the other hand, look at how Damon Stoudamire has underachieved due to his multiple pot busts. Carmelo may go that way if he keeps on the way he's going, or he can straighten out and live up to his potential.

thewizard1o1

Juniors
Carmelo needs to grow up, although on the bright side for him i think he is in a pretty good situation with the people in the organisation, kiki, bzleic(or what ever it is). Hopefully they can get him on the straight and narrow.

edabomb

First Grade
I liked Carmello's column in Slam, but he is a bit of an idiot how hes coming out with comments in the media like he should of been co-Rookie of the Year. IMO LeBron deserved it for his team play, going 20/5.9/5.5 in your rookie season is an awesome achievement. While Carmello had the more succesful side, he also had a lot better team mates than LeBron.

I log on to NBA.com and see LeBron reading to children, mature beyond his years.

aqua_duck

Coach
Charlie Saab said:
edabomb said:

anthony showed his true colours in the olympics.
What in his 2 minutes of game time per game?

LeBron is over rated, he's good but not as good as he's made out to be, until he learns how to shoot he'll remain not much more than a swingman. He's an awesome athelete but I wouldn't give him the ball in a clutch situation in which the team needed 3 to tie, he'd probably shoot an air ball.
Melo is an awesome player, if he took as many shots as LeBron he'd score alot more points, the only thing LeBron has that Melo doesn't have are passing skills.

edabomb

First Grade
LeBron owns Carmello overall. Fg - .426 and 3p - .322 were Carmellos percentages, Fg - .417 3p - .290 were LeBrons. Not much difference, and LeBron made the step up from High School too. LeBron is something special. Jordan shot below .200 on 3's his first 4 seasons, the 3 is more important now but I think LeBron will setlle shooting .350+ in the next 2 or 3 seasons. All Carmello has over LeBron right now is his jumpshot, and that is still only marginal on the FG percentages. I look forward to three years time when Carmello is putting up 25 for a poor team and LeBron 25/8/8 for Cleveland, Eastern Powerhouses. :D

El Coconuto

Bench
The Cleveland Cavaliers were not nearly as bad as people made them out to be.

Carmelo Anthony's Denver Nuggets were mediocre until he arrived. He brought hype, excitement and a fresh face to mould the franchise around.

LeBron was unable to lead the Cavaliers into the playoffs in the East. Carmelo was able to drag his team into the playoff's in the West, which is ironic, because as the Rookie of the Year, wasn't it LeBron's job to get his team into the playoffs?

As the heir to the 'Jordan-throne' you would think that he'd be able to do this with the East being so horribly weak -- or at least that was the case last season.

I'm not saying Lebron is useless, just one of the people who was showered with more praise then others with equally as much talent. You heard me, equally. What Lebron lacked, Carmelo had, and vice versa.

Should've been co-rookie of the year, but nope.

edabomb

First Grade
Probably should of been co-rookies, but Denver had Dre Miller, Camby, Nene, Lenard all playing good solid minutes.
LeBron only had Boozer and Ilgauskas plus a bunch of role players. I reckon LeBron would of done the same in the Denver situation, maybe even got them a few more wins with his ability to share the ball around. I guess its kinda like taking Magic or Bird back in '79, lets hope the rivalry goes somewhere near that.

PS. Only a week to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thewizard1o1

Juniors
YEAR TEAM G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
03-04 DEN 82 82 36.5 .426 .322 .777 2.20 3.80 6.10 2.8 1.18 .50 3.01 2.70 21.0
03-04 CLE 79 79 39.5 .417 .290 .754 1.30 4.20 5.50 5.9 1.65 .73 3.46 1.90 20.9

Their rookie stats were pretty even (since bron handled the ball quite a bit), i think the only thing that the Nuggets really had over the Cavs was Dre. Bron got rookie of the year, nothing is going to change that so lets hope these two are able to ignite intrest in the NBA in the future.

edabomb

First Grade
LeBron is carving up - 27.8points, 8rebounds, 6assists. He is outperforming Anthony in each of these categories, significantly in scoring and assists. He is also making more steals and blocks. The 'poorer shooter' LeBron is shooting .459 compared to .353. Anthony is still shooting threes better, .353 to .300. LeBron is just aheadon free throw %.

All in all, LeBron owns Carmello!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p :lol:

thewizard1o1

Juniors
hehe...Melo was sluggish at the start of last season too, but without any outsaide shooting what-so-ever i think he will continue to try to hit 3's.

Interesting that Kiki is interested in Mobley, don't know if i would be too keen to give up Nene for him thou.... :|

Also the Cavs offered Wagner for Skita and got refused....how bad must Wagner feel lol.

Latest posts