What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBA News

edabomb

First Grade
How good is Ray Allen?? The fact Seattle let go an ageing Gary Payton and Desmond Mason to acquire him, Ronald Murray and a first round pick (Luke Ridnour) must go down as one of the best trades in franchise history. If the Sonics don't max Allen they will regret it for a looooong time. The only guard ahead of him IMO is Bryant. And that can be debated, Bryant cares more about shots than rings, so I'd have Allen at my ballclub!!!!!

Jonotallica

Juniors
Allen will cool down in my opinion. The problem with Seattle is that they rely on perimeter shooting so much, and it's inevitable that the bubble will eventually burst. Right now, Allen is playing extremely well. We'll have to see what happens in the next few months. They should make the playoffs, but a top 6 seed will probably be out of reach because it's so hard to maintain a decent % for 82 games.

Yeah, there are many cases now where players try to dictate where they play.

Another recent news item was the firing of Denver's coach, and replacing him with assistant Michael Cooper.

Marduk

Juniors
I thought Bzdelik was doing good thing's in getting that franchise going well.

I guess the office knows best.

On the New Orleans issue. Players like Davis and Jackson should be trying to get the team back on it's feet, instead of bitching about where they are currently placed.

edabomb

First Grade
nba.com said:
NEW YORK, Dec. 30 -- Yao Ming of the Houston Rockets and Kevin Garnett of the Minnesota Timberwolves lead all players in the Western Conference and Shaquille O’Neal of the Miami Heat and Vince Carter of the New Jersey Nets lead all players in the Eastern Conference in votes received after the second returns of the 2005 NBA All-Star Balloting program.

Just goes to show what a joke the fan based voting is. As more Asian players enter the NBA hopefully the NBA will revert back to a coach picked side. Yao Ming has been very average this season.

CanadianSteve said:
thewizard1o1 said:
hehe...Melo was sluggish at the start of last season too

Maybe he needs the early season to clear his head from off-season marijuana use. :lol:

Carmelo got engaged a couple of days ago to MTV VJ La La someone. Dam she is hot will try and post a pic

Recently there was an article about Dwayne Wade in Sports Illustrated, and it said in a few years the big rivalry will be between him and Lebron. So Carmelo's stature seems to have slipped.

Latest posts