What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBA News

thewizard1o1

Juniors
Apparently Carmelo Anthony and Rodney White had become real close friends and the Nuggets have been a bit worried about White's influence on and off the court. Now that White is in the slammer it looks like the Nuggs have a good enough reason not to bring him back. This is great news imo, cause White is just a bad egg and the Nuggets are better off with out him.

In other News...

Nuggets are set to sing Greg Buckner.

Byron Russell and John Barry are both still being looked at as additions to the Nuggets roster.

Memphis matched Cavs offer to Jake Tsakalidis.

Ricky Davis has been working out like a gym rat over the off season and has had some good meetings with new Coach Doc Rivers who has offered him a new start.

Lastly, Clyde Drexler will be inducted into the Hall of Fame next weekend. Congrats Glyde :clap:

pug306

Juniors
Davis could be anything for the Celts,
these a 4 page article at boston.com (local beantown newspaper) on Davis & how he is misunderstood (eg. his triple double effort, problems of getting on with past coaches etc.)

Good insight into Ricky, maybe he has grown up (hopefully)

with him & Pierce on the wings the Celts should certaintly light up the scoreboard with the full offseason,
just hope Blount, LaFrentz, McCarty & Co are ready to rebound like machines.

In relation to the Nuggets,
hopefully they build on last season,
White wasn't anything great & I don't think they will miss him................

& Clyde into the Hall,
the fingerroll was one of favourite moves the way he used the glide into the lane & just flip it in,
it was pretty to watch back on the ABC (who remembers that :lol: :lol: :lol: )

thewizard1o1

Juniors
Pug,

Don't forget Glove...i hear He and Doc have gotten on very well in the couple of calls they have had. He just didn't want to move his family again.

There are also some small rumours that the Mailman could end up in green...

pug306

Juniors
yeah Payten could be a handy pickup if he ever puts on the green,
Malone would also be a positive addition,
but i think he will want to sign with a team that can guarantee a long playoff run,
I don't think the C's can beat the likes of Indy & Detroit, or even a Miami led Shaq outfit with their current roster............

pug306 said:
& Clyde into the Hall,
the fingerroll was one of favourite moves the way he used the glide into the lane & just flip it in,
it was pretty to watch back on the ABC (who remembers that :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Clyde was also one of the great dunkers ever. I felt badly for him when he was embarassed by Jordan in the 92 Finals, but he redeemed himself with a great performance in winning the 95 title.

thewizard1o1

Juniors
Todays News

- Jason Kidd has been offered to the Portland Trailblazers in a story being reported by the OregonLive. Although Kidds knee could be a problem for both sides involved.
http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/sports/109524934446620.xml

- Karl Malone is expected to miss the start of the season after his off-season surgery, thats if he decides to come back for a 20th season.

- Rockets are working on a contract extension for McGrady and have picked up the 4th year option on Yao Ming.

Vince Carter has come out publiclly and said he wants out and is demanding a trade. He doesnt want to go to the Western conference and doesnt care if he is traded to a team thats not expected to win the title. Although he has said that he wouldnt mind playing for Orlando or Miami becos he grew up there and house a house in Florida

RHYTHM AND STEALTH said:
Vince Carter has come out publiclly and said he wants out and is demanding a trade. He doesnt want to go to the Western conference and doesnt care if he is traded to a team thats not expected to win the title. Although he has said that he wouldnt mind playing for Orlando or Miami becos he grew up there and house a house in Florida

go to miami please!

Vince has about 4 years left on his contract, and the Raptors GM says he won't trade him unless it's a good deal for the Raps. Vince is in no position to say he won't go to a Western team.

That's crazy about Drexler. At his age he'd likely get a lot of muscle pulls and such. Plus he was never a great outside shooter, so he couldn't use his shot to make up for being older and slower. He shouldn't embarass himself by trying to do this, IMO.

thewizard1o1

Juniors
Agreed, Clyde played the game from above the rim, at his age now i doubt he should try to do that over an NBA season. Would love to see him involved in our organistation somewhere thou.

As for our SG backup, look for the Nuggs to claim Harris off waivers from the Nets in the next couple of Days....or try to anyways :p.

El Coconuto

Bench
thewizard1o1 said:
Todays News

- Jason Kidd has been offered to the Portland Trailblazers in a story being reported by the OregonLive. Although Kidds knee could be a problem for both sides involved.
http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/sports/109524934446620.xml

:lol:

My brother will cry himself to sleep every night if that goes through. I will too, but in sheer laughter. Hahaha!

As for the Vince Carter news, well, I don't quite know if we can afford to have him in Orlando, but the way he has been on the decline for the last couple of seasons why would we want him anyways? Give me Francis and Mobley any day...

Morenito

Juniors
Hey El C... have you heard about the upcoming Orlando documentary.. Under the lights or something: Behind the scenes(dont remeber the exact name)

Goes behind the scenes of the whole demolition and reconstruciton of the magic lineup this season...with inside coverage of the gm, coaches, workouts and how everything panned out with all the trades and draft decisions, including footage of the gm's meetings etc

Just wondering if you heard about it

thewizard1o1

Juniors
Sounds very cool...there was one about the Clipps about 2 season ago on ESPN in Australia which was a great watch, hopefully we will be able to see the Magic one at some stage. 8)

It does sound like a great documentary, I hope it gets shown in Canada too.

In the writeup link provided by Morenito, I did find a mistake:

Enter new General Manager John Weisbrod. Drafted by Herb Brooks of “Miracle on Ice” fame, and trained under Lou Lamoriello, who turned around the New Jersey Nets, Weisbrod has won at every level in which he has competed – most notably an NCAA Championship as a Harvard hockey player and crowns in the American and International Hockey Leagues as a GM.

Lou Lamoriello is the GM who turned around the New Jersey Devils hockey team, not the Nets. However it still amazes me that a hockey guy like Weisbrod is running an NBA team. Of course he has basketball guys advising him, like player personnel director Dave Twardzik and coach Johnny Davis, both of whom played on the 1977 champion Portland Trailblazers team led by Bill Walton.

El Coconuto

Bench
In terms of hype, it would totally replace the emptiness of losing McGrady. But in saying that, trading pre-madonna for pre-madonna sort of goes against everything the gm and coach have built up over the off-season... :?

Latest posts