What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBA News

Mighty Tiger

Bench
ATLANTA -- Kevin Willis joined his original NBA team Wednesday after a 10-year absence, looking to give the Atlanta Hawks inside depth at age 42.

Willis is entering his 21st season in the league and is second among all active NBA players in games played. The 7-footer was a reserve for San Antonio last season and is expected to play behind center Jason Collier this year.

El Coconuto said:
In terms of hype, it would totally replace the emptiness of losing McGrady. But in saying that, trading pre-madonna for pre-madonna sort of goes against everything the gm and coach have built up over the off-season... :?

I can't tell if you are spelling prima donna wrong, or are you doing it intentionally as a clever play on words.

Vince is a soft player, not as good as TMac. After about 2 weeks of TMac's first season with the Magic, I realized the Raptors had kept the wrong guy.

Having said that, I still hope VC can play better this year, and end up helping the Raps into the playoffs. That, or trade him for a suitable replacement. IMO, getting Stevie Francis for VC would not improve the Raptors, they need a bigger player.

Jonotallica

Juniors
Did you guys here the crazy rumour that Jordan has thinking about coming out of retirement (AGAIN) and teaming up with Shaq in Miami?

Sheezus! That would be the forth time wouldn't it, but then again if I were as good as Jordan I'd have a hard time of letting go of the game as well.

This is what I read on the Grizzlies message board, there is no link to the source so take it with a grain of salt.

The loose talk around the league is Michael Jordan has been working out like a demon, testing the possibility of joining forces with Shaquille O'Neal in Miami, according to Nuggets GM Kiki Vandeweghe.
-- Denver Post

Shaq grabbing boards, and bullying everyone in the paint. Wade driving and dishing, Wesley Person nailing 3 pointers from Shaq's triple team passes, and Jordan popping midrange jumpshots. :shock: That'd be a dangerous team.

edabomb

First Grade
If Jordan came back I would say Miami were in the top 4 sides in the league. If Malone joined him I'd say they were a genuine title shot. But then again, maybe Shaq is better off with the paint to himself. Jordan is a team player, hes no Kobe. Shaq is unstoppable when he gets good ball. All this equals a very long postseason run. If he does come back where does it leave Eddie Jones?? Trade material IMO.

OZ_Falcon

Juniors
I think that that would be a bad move if Micheal Jordon came back. Not that i really believe that it would happen.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
MIAMI -- Ron Rothstein rejoined the Miami Heat as an assistant Thursday, 16 years after he was their first head coach.

Rothstein coached the expansion Heat to a 15-67 record in 1988-89. He was fired after the 1990-91 season with a three-year mark of 57-189.

Rothstein was an assistant last season with the Indiana Pacers.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
MILWAUKEE -- The Milwaukee Bucks signed free-agent center Jelani McCoy to add depth to their frontcourt.

McCoy, 6-foot-10 and 245 pounds, has averaged 4.8 points and 3.7 rebounds in 244 career games. He played in two games with Cleveland last season before the Cavaliers waived him.

He was drafted by Seattle in the second round of the 1998 NBA Draft. He played three seasons with the SuperSonics and then signed as a free agent with the Los Angeles Lakers.

thewizard1o1

Juniors
- Eddie Griffen says he will be in a Twolves uniform next season.

- Sam Cassell is unhappy because he doesn't get paid enough :roll: .

- Knicks offered Tim Thomas for Vince Carter :lol: :lol: :lol:

- PG turned up @ Celtics pre-season camp :shock: :p

pug306

Juniors
That has to be the most ridiculous claim ever,
Curry so far has been anything but a 6yr 86 mill player.

Best line I have read about Curry, I think it came from Scott Skiles,
Reporter: What does Ed Curry need to do to improve his rebounding?
Skiles: Jump

thewizard1o1

Juniors
Also Rodman is dead serious about a NBA come back pulling down 18 boards in just over 20 minutes in a Mexican league game ( to go with 9 points and 6 assists). He's talking about miami but i doubt that Shaq would what him around.

thewizard1o1

Juniors
I terrible news (i belive anyways) the NBA is considering only allowing 3 pointers in the last 5 minutes of a game. So that any shot from behind the arc would only be a two point shot, except for the last 5 minutes of the game. This is morely encouraging young american players to have even a less focus on skills then they do currently. Why take away the strength of Vo Lenards game but increase Darius Miles' game?

This will be a very stupid move by the NBA if it happen imo.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/10133-pointers-ON.html

pug306

Juniors
In pre-season news,

Grant Hill posted 20 today against Dallas,
hopefully the ankle is healed this time.
It would be a huge boost to the Magic if he stays healthy.

& Iverson getting tossed against the Raptors :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And1

Juniors
thewizard1o1 said:
I terrible news (i belive anyways) the NBA is considering only allowing 3 pointers in the last 5 minutes of a game. So that any shot from behind the arc would only be a two point shot, except for the last 5 minutes of the game. This is morely encouraging young american players to have even a less focus on skills then they do currently. Why take away the strength of Vo Lenards game but increase Darius Miles' game?

This will be a very stupid move by the NBA if it happen imo.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/10133-pointers-ON.html
In light of that, why doesn't USA Basketball just forfeit International ball altogether? :lol:

Latest posts