What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBA Playoffs 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridders

Coach
Bulls win 104-99.

Pacers let this one slip. Led for most of the way.

FT check;

Rose - 21. Pacers - 17

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Josh Powell is THE WORST NBA player currently playing. Why aren't the Hawks posting Marvin up against Arenas? Or Johnson up against Redick? FMD Larry Drew is an idiot.

Nth-Qld-Raider

Juniors
If i was Dwight I'd being packing my bags and getting the hell out of Orlando, get on the phone to D-Will and ask him if he's going to sign long term with NJ when they move to Brooklyn, D12 will NEVER win a title where he is now.

I was happy when the Magic traded VC for J-Rich, but not now J-Rich is a dud, at least Vince could score.

My thoughts exactly whats the point, all they do is replay the game that was on ESPN later that day, waste of time.

lol have you seen the rest of the programming? It's 20 hours of rubbish chat shows like PTI and non-stop sportscentre repeats, absolute waste of a channel that adds nothing.

Wow, Hawks got up 103-93. Good road win for the Hawks who are more than legitimate chances of a semi-final spot.

Miami see off Philly 97-89 as expected. I can't see the Sixers putting up much fight.

Last edited:

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Hawks will have to hope that their mid-long range shot keeps falling - I'm not so sure it will.

Still, they've built their defence around what Boston did last year - play Dwight straight-up and dare the likes of Hedo, Jameer & J-Rich to create their own shot.

Nth-Qld-Raider

Juniors
Hedo and J-Rich don't have shots, they are a waste of time.

I wonder what great plans og attack Otis has for the Magic this off-season, the big trade didn't work at all, he doesn't have to long to try keep Dwight happy before he can leave.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
And Grizz beat Spurs. Realise they were without Manu, but that Z-Bo / Gasol front-line is going to give the Spurs fits. Just can't match-up with both.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Saw this interesting tidbit in a report on the Lakers loss:
Including Sunday's playoff loss to the Hornets, the Lakers are now 9-9 this season when Bryant takes at least 25 shots from the field. When he keeps those attempts to 15 or fewer, the Lakers are a perfect 14-0. In a related note, no other Laker had even 10 field goal attempts
Similar argument being made after Dwight's monster game yesterday as well.

Ridders

Coach
Saw this interesting tidbit in a report on the Lakers loss:

Similar argument being made after Dwight's monster game yesterday as well.

That's actually an interesting conundrum.

You could make the case that both guys had to have monster games because the rest of their teams were struggling. Certainly the case with Orlando bar Nelson.

On the flipside you could say that those guys dominating like that throws the other guys out of rhythm.

Can't comment on the Lakers since I couldn't catch the game (Australia TV ftw!), but I can't really put any blame on Howard. The rest of the Magic players were woeful, and Nelson only came alive in the second half. I think there was a stretch in the first quarter where Howard was the only Magic player to score for like the first 10 mins of the game.

Tbh I think the Magic's problems was more defensively. They just couldn't get any stops. Guard play of the Hawks was pretty good; Hinrich, Crawford and Johnson all came up big.

ByRd

First Grade
Lakers still havnt woken up, i know its just one loss and well bounce back and win in 5 or 6.

The Thunder were just given a basket that was clearly offensive interference, gave them the lead late in the game, a very bad call.

Ridders

Coach
Thunder come away with the win.

So from today's action;

Grizzlies beats Spurs 101-98
Hornets beat Lakers 109-100
Celtics beat Knicks 87-85
Thunder beat Denver 107-103

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts