What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Necessary England changes

marv

Juniors
my england team for saturdays game against NZ

1. LEE SMITH
2. ADE GARDNER
3. MARTIN GLEESON
4. GARETH ELLIS
5. MARK CALDERWOOD
6. DANNY MCGUIRE
7. ROB BURROW
8. ADRIAN MORLEY
9. MICKEY HIGHAM
10.JAMES PEACOCK
11.BEN WESTWOOD
12. J.J.B
13.KEVIN SINFIELD

14. JAMES GRAHAM
15. JAMES ROBY
16. ROB PURDHAM
17. JAMIE LANGLEY

You picked Ben Westwood ;-)

IAmDancingHomer

Juniors
Which part of 'when it was a contest' don't you get?

Obviously the Aussie forwards were better statistically over the course of the game, but that's because no pack in a heavily beaten side is going to play with the same motivation as at the beginning.

Carry on with your Kite fantasy. He played well but dropped the ball cold (in the period I'm referring to), as did Price, while other forwards made panicky decisions, such as Lafranchi running into Prince, and Stewart offloading ridiculously inside his own 10.

If that's owning England's pack, in the period when the match was a contest, then I admit to being owned.

I am not a big fan of Kite but he was outstanding on the weekend and he deserves to be praised. Mate I understand fully what you are saying but I am at a loss to find out what you want to put the remaining 50 minutes of the game under. If the England forwards outplayed the Aussies in the opening 30, you cannot just disregard the remaining 50, when they were obviously outplayed by the Aussies, and say it was no longer a contest. Additionally you cannot claim that they were superior to the Aussie pack when they aimed up for only 30 minutes in an 80 minute contest. From where I saw it the was a 10-15 minute period where the contest was fairly even and the Aussies played a bit of nervous football resulting in good field position to England and eventually their only try.

screeny

Bench
I am not a big fan of Kite but he was outstanding on the weekend and he deserves to be praised. Mate I understand fully what you are saying but I am at a loss to find out what you want to put the remaining 50 minutes of the game under. If the England forwards outplayed the Aussies in the opening 30, you cannot just disregard the remaining 50, when they were obviously outplayed by the Aussies, and say it was no longer a contest. Additionally you cannot claim that they were superior to the Aussie pack when they aimed up for only 30 minutes in an 80 minute contest. From where I saw it the was a 10-15 minute period where the contest was fairly even and the Aussies played a bit of nervous football resulting in good field position to England and eventually their only try.
Yeah I agree with you. But my point is that in that game - as in all big games of RL - there came key moments that swung the game in Australia's favour. I maintain that these key moments were not the result of Australia's forward domination.

1. Opening pen of the game, a dubious holding down pen against Ellis, which gave Oz good attacking position.
2. Calderwood dropped ball leading to repeat set and massive confidence drop in English team
3. Civoniceva no knock on
4. Wellens failing to cover behind line = first try after another set of six had been defended well.
etc etc. Key moments that wrested advantage to Oz, but not engineered by the Aussie forwards.

Last edited:

bartman

Immortal
Welsh players (Cunningham, Ietsyn Harris) have played for Great Britain Lions, but when England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales are all playing, they fall under Wales.

Now that Fa'asavalu is ruled out of the world cup who will take his place? Do we have another player who can come on for 10 minutes, knock on and give away stupid penalties? We have no chance of winning the world cup now!!!!!

roopy

Referee
Now that Fa'asavalu is ruled out of the world cup who will take his place? Do we have another player who can come on for 10 minutes, knock on and give away stupid penalties? We have no chance of winning the world cup now!!!!!
Tonga can lend you Richie Fa'aoso - sounds like you won't be able to tell the difference.

Latest posts