What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Negative ONLY thread

Crush

Coach
As predicted, the wheels have properly fallen off now. It’s there for everyone to see. Very poorly coached, absolutely nothing in attack, very soft defence.

I think we can all agree now that nothing has changed from last year to this year. Hook has signed mostly duds that have not added value to the team.

Our juniors coming through aren’t going to be the next gasnier.
We have fallen behind again as other teams get stronger.

Not sure there is much to look forward to until we sign a few high caliber players.
And hit the market for a new coach maybe.

BIG RIG

Juniors
Dufty should not play again
Pereiera should not play again
Beale should not play again
Feagai and his brother should be in 1st grade
Ramsey should be reserve grade at best
Lawrie and Kerr are shit as shit can be
McCullough is slow as f**k
Fuimaono should not be re-signed
Sims is not worth it
Bird should stay in the forwards
De Belin is probably our best forward

As predicted, the wheels have properly fallen off now. It’s there for everyone to see. Very poorly coached, absolutely nothing in attack, very soft defence.

I think we can all agree now that nothing has changed from last year to this year. Hook has signed mostly duds that have not added value to the team.

Our juniors coming through aren’t going to be the next gasnier.
We have fallen behind again as other teams get stronger.

Not sure there is much to look forward to until we sign a few high caliber players.
And hit the market for a new coach maybe.

I was always concerned that our “4 match streak” was a false dawn. The top 8 status all year to me was a reflection on the (ordinary) quality of the majority of our competitors.

Some were happy with Griffins appointment at the time. I wasn’t. A bloke who’d been sacked twice previously was the best we could get. Some still rated Griffin throughout the year… most likely coz he simply was someone other than Paul McGregor. Some said “but we’ve had injuries and suspensions”… which I equate to excuses - which many labeled Paul McGregor of making. Many are still blaming McGregor for what’s happening now…. FFS…

I didn’t watch the game today but saw the score line. It saddens me.

Our performances and the state of the game under Peter Vlandys has made me fall out of love with something I’ve loved my whole life. Rugby League. As for the Dragons…. I’ve tried really hard to love them this year…

I’ll always love the Dragons club but I can’t love this team and the coaches running it. Sims Bird Ravalawa Hunt and Lomax were the only guys I was proud of. Most of the others weren’t worth feeding. And the attitudes of those at the Paul Vaughan bbq just reconfirmed to me that this team has the worst overall attitude of any dragons team I’ve seen. Ever. So I’ve had to turn off watching a majority of weak-minded players tarnishing the reputation of the club Ive loved all my life.

I’m not proud of this team at all. Saddens me.
I hope they can win me back at some point. But I fear that could be a while yet.

Crush

Coach
Watching Sharks, a team with a temporary coach and a number of players leaving next year, similar placed on the ladder to us. They are 1000% better than Dragons. Slick backline plays, well practiced and all knowing their role.
What do we practice at training? Give the ball to Ben and hope he does something special……
So fricken disappointed.

thebigredv

First Grade
Watching Sharks, a team with a temporary coach and a number of players leaving next year, similar placed on the ladder to us. They are 1000% better than Dragons. Slick backline plays, well practiced and all knowing their role.
What do we practice at training? Give the ball to Ben and hope he does something special……
So fricken disappointed.
And they have mcinnes, finucane and hynes to look forward to.

Say what you want about the bbq but there was zero planning in attack today, just like 2016. The players have not made it easy for the coach but the coach is not performing either. He gets a free ride until there are no excuses left, and in the mean time all we get are losses and excuses.

thebigredv

First Grade
And the attitudes of those at the Paul Vaughan bbq just reconfirmed to me that this team has the worst overall attitude of any dragons team I’ve seen.

This exactly.

I have two kids under 8 who make our 'professional' players look like babies. They are infants, absolute weak individuals, look at Dufty kicking and screaming today at another player who has already been shown the door. That's what we get to look forward to every week. Better yet, look at Zac Lomax. Either some light gets shed on that matter or there needs to be a cut of his contract the big sook.

So fricken disappointed.

They snared Fitzgibbon to coach, Hynes and now Finucane from the Storm. They nabbed our captain, McInnes. They went within a bees dick of getting Adam Reynolds.

Time will tell but that’s a proper rebuild strategy.

As for us… hmm…

a fat coach, supported by Grey ones… a number of old broncos and a few back rowers.

Crush

Coach
I was always concerned that our “4 match streak” was a false dawn. The top 8 status all year to me was a reflection on the (ordinary) quality of the majority of our competitors.

Some were happy with Griffins appointment at the time. I wasn’t. A bloke who’d been sacked twice previously was the best we could get. Some still rated Griffin throughout the year… most likely coz he simply was someone other than Paul McGregor. Some said “but we’ve had injuries and suspensions”… which I equate to excuses - which many labeled Paul McGregor of making. Many are still blaming McGregor for what’s happening now…. FFS…

I didn’t watch the game today but saw the score line. It saddens me.

Our performances and the state of the game under Peter Vlandys has made me fall out of love with something I’ve loved my whole life. Rugby League. As for the Dragons…. I’ve tried really hard to love them this year…

I’ll always love the Dragons club but I can’t love this team and the coaches running it. Sims Bird Ravalawa Hunt and Lomax were the only guys I was proud of. Most of the others weren’t worth feeding. And the attitudes of those at the Paul Vaughan bbq just reconfirmed to me that this team has the worst overall attitude of any dragons team I’ve seen. Ever. So I’ve had to turn off watching a majority of weak-minded players tarnishing the reputation of the club Ive loved all my life.

I’m not proud of this team at all. Saddens me.
I hope they can win me back at some point. But I fear that could be a while yet.
My problem with HOOK.
He told the players after Warriors win not to play up over the bye weekend. He told them directly and firmly. The assistant coaches also told them the same thing.
Players ignored the orders and did as they pleased.
What does this tell you about the level of respect that the players have for Hook and the coaching staff?
Guys which Hook has brought to the club, Beale, Bird, McGuire…..
They don’t respect him.
Never happen with Bellamy or Bennett.

My problem with HOOK.
He told the players after Warriors win not to play up over the bye weekend. He told them directly and firmly. The assistant coaches also told them the same thing.
What does this tell you about the level of respect that the players have for Hook and the coaching staff?
They don’t respect him.
100% agreed mate.

TruSaint

Referee
My problem with HOOK.
They don’t respect him.

I agree.

Hook isnt the disciplinarian I was told he was.

Its not all on him, i get that, however he doesn't seem to be able to gel this squad.

Last edited:

thebigredv

First Grade
My problem with HOOK.
They don’t respect him.
It says it all, Crush. It says it all.

Finger pointing going on all over the place at the moment and now all stuck in a hotel with one another. It gets way worse for us from here.

He's already said Norman is back next week, he put Ramsey in the centres. He's not as bright as people give him credit for quite honestly but he can hide behind players for a while to come.

So fricken disappointed.
Have I missed something Crush?

Scumulla have played the same side week in week out and our side is a revolving carousel due to suspensions and injuries. This is the reason our side is dysfunctional. Oh and the loss of Vaughan hasn’t made a difference apparently.

Latest posts