What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Neil Henry crazy

Snoz

Juniors
he is leaving a team on the brink of something special.

with all the injuries this year and the way the u20's are going they have some gtrat talent in the club

Raider Azz

Bench
what are you talking about? we are a team full of nobodies, henry has worked miricles with our crappy roster, just like elliot before him. we are a well coached, well drilled side, everyone knows their role, our coach has them all working together, etc etc ;-)

henry can't wait to go to the cowboys, so he can exclaim he "finally has the cattle to win a premiership"

Loudstrat

Coach
what are you talking about? we are a team full of nobodies, henry has worked miricles with our crappy roster, just like elliot before him. we are a well coached, well drilled side, everyone knows their role, our coach has them all working together, etc etc ;-)

henry can't wait to go to the cowboys, so he can exclaim he "finally has the cattle to win a premiership"

Just like Elliot did.

Both Elliot and Henry have taken the Raiders to the finals.

I think your squad is better than you think. Maybe it's also the reserves coach doing excellent preparations. His name - David Furner.

Canberra is a top 8 club. Won't anyone get that through their thick heads????

Raider Azz

Bench
Just like Elliot did.

Both Elliot and Henry have taken the Raiders to the finals.

I think your squad is better than you think. Maybe it's also the reserves coach doing excellent preparations. His name - David Furner.

Canberra is a top 8 club. Won't anyone get that through their thick heads????
obviously your sarcasm detector is broken ;-)

Eels Dude

Coach
Raiders fans are going to be laughing so hard if the Cowboys finish 2nd last again next year, and fair enough too. I heard that Canberra have a specific attacking coach who really deserves a lot of credit for the season.

Ice777

Bench
I reckon Neil will find out soon enough that the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Snoz

Juniors

i have been saying for years that the raiders have some of the most exciting juniors in the comp - if they can keep them they will go well.

BrisVegas

Juniors
Raiders fans are going to be laughing so hard if the Cowboys finish 2nd last again next year, and fair enough too. I heard that Canberra have a specific attacking coach who really deserves a lot of credit for the season.

The Raiders assistant coach Michael Crawley is responsible for much of their attacking strategy and plays. He is heading north to the Cowboys with Neil Henry at the end of the year.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Without going into too much speculation and there are people who are probably more in the know than I am. I suspect that Henry maybe thought he wouldn't have got another contract with the Raiders (because of Furner being anointed) and took a job when it come up.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Henry, like Matt Elliott will realise the greatest mistake he ever made was leaving a club as talented as the raiders.

Although unlike Elliott, Henry will still be successful because his coaching is complimentory to the players abilities at canberra, he is as good a coach as our side is talented, both benifit each other.

Elliott on the other hand is a sh*t coach and its only that the raiders talent is always so high that his coaching record in Canberra looked anyway decent.

Shorty

Staff member
They're a better team arguably because of the coaching from Neil Henry.
Neil is not crazy he wants to go to North Queensland,and *shock horror* there's a lot of potential up there...and he knows considering he was behind the reigns as assistant in 2005...
Can anyone tell me where the Cows finished that year?

Jono078

Referee
They're a better team arguably because of the coaching from Neil Henry.
Neil is not crazy he wants to go to North Queensland,and *shock horror* there's a lot of potential up there...and he knows considering he was behind the reigns as assistant in 2005...
Losing a Grand Final? :sarcasm:

Nuh Henry will be good for your mob. I expect them to bounce back big next year. Especially if Bowen re-captures last years form where IMO he was the best fullback in the game.

Ice777

Bench

They finished 5th, made the GF and lost. That was a good season no doubt, but if you're going to point out that one year it's only fair to balance the argument and mention the other years he was behind the reins as assistant as well.

In those years they finished 11th, 11th, 7th, and 9th. Does he take responsibility for those years as well or just the successful year they made the GF?

Shorty

Staff member
Because 7th and 9th are complete failures compared to our history?
We are talking about the Cowboys here who,up until 2004,had not ever played in a final.
He has a very close relationship to the players up there and was behind the success of our first ever grand final.

But whatever,what a mad man...leaving for a team that made the semis last year and has Jonathan Thurston and Matt Bowen combined with the best S&C in the League.
Out of his mind.