What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Never to play first grade again

SouthernTiger

Juniors
i think a lot of Keiran problems tonight stemmed from a few poor early kicks. Keiran is very much a confidence player and after that he seemed to be very nervous. Also late in the first half and in the second half he was trying too hard to make up for his earlier indiscretions

cheers

s. tiger

SouthernTiger

Juniors
What about Pat Richards??????? There are many players who you could apply that rationale too. There are numerous players who are considered injury prone and washed up who later come good.

Keiran's problems in the past have mainly been with injuries and an occasionally weak kicking game, which we saw tonight. I still think a Keiran Kerr playing well is what this side needs. I am not saying that he has what it takes only that we need him to have it in my view.
To put it all in perspective dont forget Brett Firmans first 8 first grade games were terrible. But on tonight's game I do agree with the majority of sentiment here that Kerr will struggle to play first grade again after this match.

Note that I have always said Keiran's kicking game was never his strongest point

cheers

s. tiger

ozcrusader

Bench
On the same note, John Wilson should NEVER play five eigth again.

It's like Sheens has just given up there and wants to play someone who can shut down the opposition 5/8th. He is sacrificing creativity just to be safe.

A stupid, stupid decision.

In the second half, Galea moved there and threw a beautiful ball to Moodie which resulted in the Hodgson try. Surely we have a five eigth SOMEWHERE in the jv???

SouthernTiger

Juniors
I think you just gave us the solution Goangod. If we dont play a Kerr/Prince combo why not a Prince/Galea combo

cheers

s. tiger

SouthernTiger

Juniors
I agree Wilks but as much as I love Keiran on his performance in the first half tonight he deserves all this criticism. The only qualification being is its a bit hard to expect a guy with 4 first grade games to control a game when he receives no help. This was something Hodgson did very well against the bulldogs and warriors

cheers

s. tiger

daslacker

Juniors
It's gotta be prince/galea,galea was great tonight.Kerr...well i've talked u up and
you let me down.Unless of injuies,i think it will be the last of him we will see.

Magpie Nick

Juniors
I don't see the point of giving Kerr a go and after one game he stuffs up, a lot of you are calling for his head. Halatau played shit aswell, don't see him getting axed....

SouthernTiger

Juniors
Nick you make a good point. Keiran has played two good games and one poor one. However, for twenty minutes tonight he was disgraceful. I would give him another go but you cant begrudge these guys for thinking likewise

cheers

s. tiger

Kid

Juniors
Geez, unbelieveable some of you. If Kerr deserves the sack after 1, i repeat 1, poor game (and it was poor) than how did we field close to the same team that has been HAMMERED the 2 weeks before??? It's called hypocricy(however you spell it) and it was rife when Reynolds was still fit 2. Two poor starting games "oh sack him" give some blokes a go, a FAIR go.

daslacker

Juniors
Nick,I would to give him another chance but i can't see sheen's doing so.
We really missed prince tonight

SouthernTiger

Juniors
and being beaten 106-0 in two games isnt diabolical :) On a positive note Keirans grubber for the try was very good :)

cheers

s. tiger

Wilks

Juniors
kerr had a poor game but he's also played well previously.
Wilson is not a 5/8, never will be. If he's there next week Sheens is kidding.

ozcrusader

Bench
SouthernTiger said:
and being beaten 106-0 in two games isnt diabolical :) On a positive note Keirans grubber for the try was very good :)

cheers

s. tiger

Yes!
Because we actually had field position!

If we had gotten in the Raiders half more, we couldve threatened.

But due to conceding stupid penalties, lack of go forward and poor kicking, we had no field position...

hybrid_tiger

Coach
SouthernTiger said:

cheers

s. tiger

Mate, I know you are a big fan of Kerr, so I can't take your opinion seriously on this one. His grubber didn't make up for the other 15 wrong option he took throughout the game. He was terrible. Definately our worst player, and probably the worst performance from a halfback wearing our colours since the days of Ben Black.

SouthernTiger

Juniors
Are we the only team in the comp who every week has only one kicking option???? I cant think of too many other teams that rely on one kicker as much as we do Kerr and Prince

cheers

s. tiger