What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Never to play first grade again

SouthernTiger

Juniors
Hybrid personally i think thats going too far but I think I have been very balanced on Kerr tonight. I never thought Ben Black was that bad. What about Mick Buettner last year. In all fairness he was much worse than Keiran

cheers

s. tiger

SouthernTiger

Juniors
and I was only joking with that second comment just trying to pull out one positive from what was terrible performace by Keiran

cheers

s. tiger

Magpie Nick

Juniors
Take Halatau out of the game and you take out two Raiders trys and we win.....

I am not implying here that Halatau was our worst player I am just saying it was a poor team effort resulting in the loss. I think partly Hayne, our go forward and poor executions and decisions lost us the game tonight.

ozcrusader

Bench
Halatau missed SEVEN tackles tonight.

Very very ordinary.

Move him to the second row.

Seriously, he is the only person at the club who can run straight and hit the line hard.

SouthernTiger

Juniors
It is hard to criticise Dene even when he has a poor game because he always puts his body on the line for this side

cheers

s. tiger

ozcrusader

Bench
SouthernTiger said:
Are we the only team in the comp who every week has only one kicking option???? I cant think of too many other teams that rely on one kicker as much as we do Kerr and Prince

cheers

s. tiger

Yes - we only have one attacking option fullstop.

It's pissweak.

Robbie Farah should be at dummy half because at least he can pass of the ground and has a kicking game.

SouthernTiger

Juniors
That is why, as bad as I think Keiran played tonight, I am a little reluctant to use this match as an indication of what he is capable of, especially when he has played better previously. I have said for the past 6 weeks we need two attacking options in the halves. Prince hasnt been playing well either but I too put that down to a lack of support

cheers

s. tiger

yappy

Bench
I haven't seen the game but if you are going to turf Kerr after one bad game you're kidding. At the moment the Tigers play with one half. Wilson is an oxygen thief. When he is there the no7 (Prince or Kerr) has to carry the load entirely on their own. Kerr/Prince is still the best option because they will be able to share the load. If one is a bit off then the other can stand up. Having two playmakers will give both far more chance to shine. Wilson should do his shining somewhere where no one can get hurt.

SouthernTiger

Juniors
Yappy
for 20 mins of the game keiran was terrible. He was that bad you can see why people who have never seen him at his best would suggest that we sack him

cheers

s. tiger

westie

Bench
The fact still remains that we scored 24 points, most coming directly from him. I'll remind you all that that is 24 more points than Prince provided in the last two weeks.

yappy

Bench
As someone mentioned earlier it is Wilson who should be the subject of this thread. A guy in his fifth first grade game can not do enough wrong to warrant being dumped before that woftam.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
hahahahahaha.

thats the sound of me laughing at all you advocates for Keiran Kerr.

He was stuck in PL with the Dragons for a reason, and it had nothing to do with the quality of players above him.

Put simply he is poo, always has been always will be.

Some of you people are so ignorant when it comes to the obvious.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

daslacker

Juniors
talking about ignorance madunit u seemed to stand up for fitzy alot.
thats ignorant.he should stick to world 7's

Sincas

Juniors
yes halatau was poor in defence and needs a stint off the bench and in the forwards as an impact player.

yes kerr was tragic last night.

I have never been convinced that Kerr should dislodge an Origin halfback and his game last night and last week's game in PL have not suggested otherwise. He certainly tries things and gives his all but I'm yet to see this magnificent kicking game most of his advocates keep raving about and while he has been solid in the first two games we had, he was hardly a man of the match or standout.

I've now seen 4 games of his and would say he has had 2 solid/good games, and 2 poor ones. Obviously not enough games to suggest he should never play first grade again but i'm not convinced we should shift Prince to accomodate him even if we don't have a 5/8. I'd rather see Prince settle in at half for the team's long term benefit. We need a stable halfback to lead us around the park and while Prince is not quite there yet I think he is the man for the job.

Prince has played better in origin than he has for us but in terms of footwork, speed and class he is better than Kerr. Both take poor options too often and the jury is still out on their kicking games and defence.

I think people got far too carried away with Kerr's first two games and have built him up to something many of us have not seen him produce.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fitzy is a world class five eighth when compared to kerr's abilities as a halfback.

Everyone seems to hate Fitzy so much, he's missed the last three games and in those three games we have had nothing in attack and have had no go forward at all.

Surely your not as ignorant to believe that none of this is attributable to Fitzys absence?

Sincas

Juniors
yappy said:
As someone mentioned earlier it is Wilson who should be the subject of this thread. A guy in his fifth first grade game can not do enough wrong to warrant being dumped before that woftam.

Wilson is no 5/8.. but I don't think Kerr has done enough to force a spot in first grade with prince available. I've only seen two of his PL games and only watched him closely in one. Has he been killing them in PL when I'm not there?

simon says

First Grade
Yeah we have really missed Fitzy running around in circles and missing tackles.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Unfortunately Wilson has played no long next to him and is doing the same,so I dont feel like we have missed him at all,we have a Fitzy clone there in the same spot.

Cheers.

On Kerr,that was one of the worst perfomances I have evr seen from a half.He couldnt do a thing right,and I doubt very much that he wil get picked again.He has had two games,but since then its been all bad.

I am scarred after last night on Kerr.

SouthernTiger

Juniors
Kerr had a very poor game last night, so much so I question whether he will get another chance but he was no worse than fitzhenry is every game. At least he can tackle and takes on the line

cheers

s. tiger

Sincas

Juniors
westie said:
The fact still remains that we scored 24 points, most coming directly from him. I'll remind you all that that is 24 more points than Prince provided in the last two weeks.

I was drinking during the game and there's no way i'm watching the tape but how did kerr directly contribute to the 24 points. Aside from his grubber I can't recall how else he contributed to those tries.

Further to that what would kerr have done to lift the boys against the dragons or roosters.. ??? Kick us out of trouble? Run 80 metres for solo tries? Throw try assists??

Prince missed a lot of tackles on Gasnier but he shouldn't have been defending him and would Kerr have stopped him?

Latest posts