What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 2004 Home Jersey

roofromoz

First Grade
Yeah, the aqua one was designed to be our away jersey, but I noticed that we played in it for the first few rounds this year when it was really warm, because wearing black on a hot day attracts heat.

But the black one is our regular home jersey.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Let's get something straight the teal one is not being replaced they are replacing the black one we had this year in favour of a newer design. THE TEAL ONE WILL STILL BE USED AS OUR AWAY JERSEY NEXT YEAR.

SP

Bench
Caged Panther said:
Let's get something straight the teal one is not being replaced they are replacing the black one we had this year in favour of a newer design. THE TEAL ONE WILL STILL BE USED AS OUR AWAY JERSEY NEXT YEAR.

i know, i was being a smart ass in my other post :lol: :p

mightypanther

Juniors
Well, I have to take back what I said about the new jersey, and say --
thank god for that -- that horrible photo was just that -- a horrible photo.

In the flesh the jersey looks pretty darned good. It looks like it's goodbye
to the old knit style fabrics forever, and hello to the shiny stuff.

I will end up buying one, but when depends on my finances (or lack of it).

There is supposed to be decent photos of the jersey up on the official
Panthers site tomorrow sometime.

roofromoz

First Grade
Just gone to the Panthers website, and they have it up...

Jersey1.jpg

I must admit that I love it now that I have seen a better pic of it. Looks quite dynamic, especially with the scheme down the sides.

That pic in the Sundee Telegraph didn't really do it any justice.

Fibroman

First Grade
Black, with horizontal stripes is the way to go. I don't rate the new strip at all.

Horizontal stripes give the illusion of being wider, and thus making our players seem bigger to the opposition and thus, more intimidating. It's plain, simple old psychology. Plus, we won the competition in that strip, so why not stick to something that we had success in.

I get sick to death of change for change sake. It's not needed. It's only done to boost the ego of some galoot who is in a position of authority, and think he/she knows better than everyone else.

Caged Panther

First Grade
The fact is the club has to survive on a variety of things such as gate takings and merchandise sales. The longer a strip is in existance the less sales they are likely to get out of it, I mean why would anyone who owned one of the old jerseys go out and buy a new one if it were exactly the same. A change of strip while understandably frustrating in some respects makes good business sense.

Harko

Juniors
roofromoz said:

Jersey1.jpg

I must admit that I love it now that I have seen a better pic of it. Looks quite dynamic, especially with the scheme down the sides.

Whos the guy pictured with Rhys?

Biglance

Bench
i guess it looks ok i like the old design but this is a step up, and made to look more modern

roofromoz

First Grade
Harko said:
roofromoz said:

Jersey1.jpg

Whos the guy pictured with Rhys?

Luke Cross. I think he played for the Cougars this year.

Harko

Juniors
Thought so, nah mate "The Destroyer" spent 2003 with the Cowboys playing in the centres for the Young Guns.

He can hit hard, thus why I call him "The Destroyer", played for Queensland Residents too I think.

Red Bear

Referee
I dont like it, The other jersy was a helluva lot better., and i aint even a panthers.
IMO, clubs should try and stay with the same home jersys allthe time but change their away jersy to keep the cash flow coming in. Look at clubs like Souths who have had the same sonce they started and the Roosters who havent changed there main jersy for a helluva long time.

SP

Bench
and the souths one looks pretty boring, but you cant do anything with green and red to make it look great, and the roosters ones are pretty average

good on teams changing their jerseys, it is a change from seeing the same thing for 50 years

*Sandy*

First Grade
Much better picture of the jersey and going from that picture ... i like!

Caged Panther going by the All Blacks jersey your theory doesnt stand up. I've been told quite a few times it is the biggest selling jersey of all time ... whether that is true or not i am not sure but it would be up there for sure.

And Fibro i tend to agree with Caged Panther that it is a must for change in merchandise to keep the cash up. If ever our sports get on a scale as big as America and the way they take their sports then keeping the same style jerseys would be a good argument.

Red Bear

Referee
Actually i think the Roosters n Souths jersy's are the best in the game, and have good tradition about them. And for the record i said it was a good idea to keep on changing the alternate jersy as much as you like but its good to have the same main jersy for a long period of time.

mightypanther

Juniors
Don't forget people, the reason that the black jersey got changed is because
the club has changed from using Classic to ISC, and a new contract with
a new manufacturer, means a new jersey in the new manufacturer's style.

They weren't going to go with a new manufacturer, and simply stick the
new company's logo onto the old jersey.

And they certainly were not going to change the alternate one after only
one season. So it had to be the black.

In the end, there had to be a new jersey, and the design is pretty good,
personally for me, the only thing I don't like is that the collar should have
been black.

But all things considered --- not bad at all.

Caged Panther

First Grade
mightypanther said:
In the end, there had to be a new jersey, and the design is pretty good,
personally for me, the only thing I don't like is that the collar should have
been black.

Personally I like the white collar