What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New AMNRL team in CT

Evil Homer

Staff member
You are the person who is completely irrational on this and nearly every other subject.

You constantly reduce situations to a 'good v evil', childishly simplistic view of the world and have bad mouthed every official in the game on these forums.
You have the comprehension of a 13 year old.
Name one thing I have posted that is irrational or unjustified. I know you're not going to do this, becasuse you can't. You have already been outed as a hypocrite on a different thread. Neither you nor any other AMNRL sympathisers have provided any answers to any of the valid points raised by members of this forum, and yet again you instead resort to low-level character assasination tactics. You are a pathetic hypocrite.

deal.with.it

Juniors
This black hat, white hat - some people are good, some people are evil view of the world is pathetic and childish.

Why don't you respond to what I said in my post, rather than just summing the whole thing up as pathetic and childish. It's far from pathetic and childish - it's the truth! Sorry for getting the topic back on track about the team in CT, and the merit behind the decision to form the team - so O'malveney and Kelly can play for the tomahawks and in the AMNRL!

P.s. f**k you!

mother rucker

Juniors
The only reason that they are adding another team in to their New England Comp. is that their Western expantion is CRAP. Check this link for examples.

http://www.wamnrl.com/

The Map kills me. There are not teams in Oregan or Montana. Washington has 3?
Who is paying for the teams to travel out side of Montana. Their rugby Union is independent of USA rugby because the teams that they would have to play are so far away.
And the teams in Oregan and Washington don't have cities in those locations big enough to support a team. Is that Yakima? The try cities area may be able to support a team but once again DISTANCE is an issue.

I think that the AMNRL is high on their own BS to think that this WESTERN EXPANTION is realistic.
Thats why they have ANOTHER team in New England. They can cost effectively control it.

pennpool

Juniors
The only reason that they are adding another team in to their New England Comp. is that their Western expantion is CRAP. Check this link for examples.

Who is paying for the teams to travel out side of Montana. Their rugby Union is independent of USA rugby because the teams that they would have to play are so far away.
And the teams in Oregan and Washington don't have cities in those locations big enough to support a team. Is that Yakima? The try cities area may be able to support a team but once again DISTANCE is an issue.

I think that the AMNRL is high on their own BS to think that this WESTERN EXPANTION is realistic.
Thats why they have ANOTHER team in New England. They can cost effectively control it.

It will be very interesting to see how many players they can field. It's already an area that is saturated for players with the 2 ny teams and now 3 CT teams. Especially seeing as both new haven and the wildcats scrape the barrel for numbers at times add to that the NY raiders have only recently had established numbers. Maybe with Ben Kelly's links to the fitness center they have a flow of new interested people.

If it works, great if it doesn't well at least people are trying to expand the game.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Love reading the North American forum, gives me a chuckle each day.

Starting to think we need a whinge and whine thread where amnrl and usarl fans can beat each other stupid and get everything off their chests.

Wattaya says guys, do we need a NARL(north american RL thread) where everyone can bitch n moan and have their say so all the decent threads don't get derailed?

I think so, gotta feeling it'd be pretty popular.

Put your names for the thread across and get on with it.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Love reading the North American forum, gives me a chuckle each day.

Starting to think we need a whinge and whine thread where amnrl and usarl fans can beat each other stupid and get everything off their chests.

Wattaya says guys, do we need a NARL(north american RL thread) where everyone can bitch n moan and have their say so all the decent threads don't get derailed?

I think so, gotta feeling it'd be pretty popular.

Put your names for the thread across and get on with it.
I don't really think it would work, chances are that every AMNRL related thread will go this way until they stop publishing self-glorifying BS propaganda and stop attempting to undermine the work of people who are actually trying to develop the sport. I don't think it's anything to do with AMNRL vs USARL fans, I'm certainly not a 'USARL fan' but I stand up for them because they are being discriminated against by a corrupt, dictatorial organization.

mother rucker

Juniors
I don't really think that it's BITCHING as much as informing. Day after day the AMNRL and STAR GROUP send out media to the world via the internet letting you people know how great they are and how successful their rugby league development is. While us pour non corporate media backed truth knowing American fans/players/owners/board members of both sides want to speak our minds or the truth as we see it.

I'm all for the expansion of BOTH leagues. I feel that 2 heads are better then 1. And think that the USA would benefit from 2 different ideals of rugby league. But the USA national team needs to be run and selected independent of both leagues. And not by the current staff.

The over blowing of smoke by the AMNRL and clear discrimination of American players by an Australian and English coaching staff needs to be seen and these forums are the only way that us poor people have to do it.

Bronco Rob

Juniors

That is a strange website. Why is there a IRB RU World Cup symbol on the website when it is Rugby League and they also have video footage of the USARL and also advertising for the USARL nines tournament?? It doesn't look like it's an AMNRL endorsed website otherwise there would be no mention of the USARL.

Choo Choo

Juniors
It will be very interesting to see how many players they can field. It's already an area that is saturated for players with the 2 ny teams and now 3 CT teams. Especially seeing as both new haven and the wildcats scrape the barrel for numbers at times add to that the NY raiders have only recently had established numbers. Maybe with Ben Kelly's links to the fitness center they have a flow of new interested people.

If it works, great if it doesn't well at least people are trying to expand the game.

Leave it to someone in the Sharks organization to put out this rational and reasonable thought. I love the way you think!

mother rucker

Juniors
That is a strange website. Why is there a IRB RU World Cup symbol on the website when it is Rugby League and they also have video footage of the USARL and also advertising for the USARL nines tournament?? It doesn't look like it's an AMNRL endorsed website otherwise there would be no mention of the USARL.

Some of the teams claim AMNRL. While others claim USARL. And some have No affiliation. But when you GOOGLE AMNRL western expantion this sight comes up. SOOO? Who is running what, and who is claiming western expantion?

DINGb@T

Juniors
Definitely. This forum needs its own Fight Club so the rest of us can get our North American League news without wading through everything else.

Goddo

Bench
Crocs? Seriously?

USA needs a single top tier comp, which the USARL most resembles, plus a couple of regional second tier comps, eg, a New England RL comp.

Some USARL/AMNRL clubs would then become feeders to a top tier club - eg Connecticut doesn't need both the Wildcats and Warriors in the top tier, nor does Boston need Oneida and 13s to be top tier.

You could have a pretty good second tier comp with reduced travel within New England and improve the depth of the game. New top tier sides would then be developed through a second tier comp while developing junior structures.

FOR EXAMPLE: New England RL would have Oneida FC, NY Raiders, Turnpike Titans and Connecticut Wildcats for example, plus reserve squads of USARL sides in the region if they have enough depth. I'd want as much expansion at this level as possible.

The USARL in New England would then include NY Knights, Boston 13s, New Haven Warriors and Rhode Island Rebellion.

As to Bucks county and Aston having top tier clubs, well thats stupid. The focus needs to be on clubs in major cities (like say Philadelphia and Pitsburgh rather than Bucks County and Aston), with regional feeder and youth comps. The AMNRL should be wound up, and its best elements integrated into appropriate structures with the USARL.

I'd keep Nui in charge of the National team and developing new regions, but with a club run first grade comp.

Last edited:

YellowJacket

Juniors
So, what happens if one league is forced to cease operation for one reason or another? Will the teams from the defunct league jump over or will they reject the opportunity to cross over or will they try to start another rival league?

Goddo

Bench
So, what happens if one league is forced to cease operation for one reason or another? Will the teams from the defunct league jump over or will they reject the opportunity to cross over or will they try to start another rival league?
I'd expect them to join the other league at an apropriate level for their size/market. The game doesn't need this petty squabling.

Hell, before the split Nui was going on and on about a national level league with lower level regional comps. He was right in saying that. The Axemen were guarenteed a spot in said league.

The problem was the way Nui was running the game (with poor structure to the comp, authoritarian rule) actually hindered the games progress. No wonder 2/3 of the comp left.

Since then he has been petty at the national level, and focused on developing new regions haphazardly.

The USARL resembles what the game needs going forward. The AMNRL needs to suck it up and move on. Merge the best elements of each comp into a multi-tiered structure with a club run top tier, then focus on regional development pathways from high school to National side.

What the game needs is a Independent League and a national development/representative body. The USARL is the right mechanism for the former. I think Nui is the guy to run the later.

YellowJacket

Juniors
I say this because this fiasco can't continue forever. One will be on top I think. I reckon someone is going to fold before the 2017 WC. I wonder what would the losers do.

Goddo

Bench
Clearly, the USARL is in a stronger position. Better spread of clubs, developing junior structures, referees training, process driven decision making.

Nui only started up his "Western Expansion" and Hawaii push when 2/3rds of the East Coast teams left. Yes, there needs to be national expansion, but the haphazard disorganised way he is going about it isn't any good. He clings to his control of the national team as its one of only a few things still going for his league (and he sees it as his personal league.)

Meanwhile, the problems that lead to the defection still haven't really been adressed in the AMNRL (scheduling, teams turning up with half a squad, clubs getting a say, officials).

The USARL should embrace any defectors/survivors of a AMNRL fold, but at an apropriate level. Not many would justify a top league level position.

Last edited:

Choo Choo

Juniors
The USARL should embrace any defectors/survivors of a AMNRL fold, but at an apropriate level. Not many would justify a top league level position.

This is just me talking. It’s my opinion that the USARL would accept any team that wishes to have a democratic say in how things are run. We all know what happens to tyrants and dictators; they inevitably fall and it’s usually ugly. Seriously, if teams what to come over to the USARL and can meet the league requirements for facilities, etc, I suspect they would have a welcome home regardless of their level of play.

MR KNIGHT

Juniors
"Truth, honesty, transparencey".

I suppose you believe in Santa as well.

I will give you a hint, you will disappointed!