What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New board to be announced today

Tigerm

First Grade
According to "The Australian" newspaper, the new board will be announced today.

THE NRL is poised to announce the identity of the Wests Tigers’ three independent directors today, paving the way for the club to make a decision on the future of coach Mick Potter next week. The three independents will join what is effectively a five-man board that will also include two ­directors from the Wests side of the joint venture — Wests Ashfield chief executive Simon Cook and board member Tony Andreacchio.

Hopefully some sense & decisions coming shortly.

Fordy20

Juniors
The new Wests Tigers Board – which will take the club into the future – was unveiled today.

It includes three new non-executive directors chosen by a Nominations Committee comprising Wests, Balmain and the NRL.

They are:

· Rosemary Sinclair – who is a member of the Australian Communications and Media Authority and has an extensive background in senior telecommunications roles.
· Lucio Di Bartolomeo – the Chairman of Macquarie Generation and Non-Executive Director of Australian Rail Tack Corporation. Lucio has previously been in charge of NSW’s rail and bus services.
· Marina Go – the CEO at Private Media who will soon take up the role of General Manager of Hearst Bauer Media. Marina has had an extensive career in publishing and media roles, particularly relating to magazines.
They will join Tony Andreacchio and Simon Cook from Wests to make up the Board.

The three new Board members were chosen after an extensive process by the Nominations Committee to find the best people to lead the Wests Tigers into the future.

NRL CEO Dave Smith said they would bring valuable skills and strong management to the Wests Tigers Board.

“Everyone agrees that the Wests Tigers are poised for one of the most exciting eras in their history,” he said.

“The new Board members will join with the Wests Board nominees to provide the expertise and stability that the Wests Tigers need off the field while the team delivers on the field.

“It’s what the Wests Tigers fans deserve.

“All parties have worked together through a long process to come up with a strong leadership team for the future.”

Perth Tiger

Bench
Gee the Wests Tigers statement from the old board reeks of the old board trying to defend itself. One last bad look for them before they piss off.

Interesting that they have appoint two females (unless I stuffed up with the google search). It will be interesting to see if finally they can cut through the factional bullshit and introduce some proper governance.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
and two of them have a lot of experience in communications.

A subtle message perhaps from the NRL?

BrotherJim05

Bench
I just hope that the NRL appointed board do not try and play the opposing sides against eachother in a Game of Thrones like situation.

If this new structure works, I think we will see some massive changes, particularly to training grounds/facilities.

ucantseeme

Juniors
Sounds impressive on the surface. Makes me wonder what boards are like at other clubs. Are well run clubs stacked with corporate big wigs and badly run clubs stacked with ex-players and blokes who run the local smash repairs?

I just hope they can behave like adults.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Sounds impressive on the surface. Makes me wonder what boards are like at other clubs. Are well run clubs stacked with corporate big wigs and badly run clubs stacked with ex-players and blokes who run the local smash repairs?

I just hope they can behave like adults.
Hoping for adults to behave like adults often leads to disappointment.

super_coach

First Grade
Making big brave calls is one things, getting the dollars and putting them in place is another.

Great first step, but it is going to be a massive challenge to turn the joint around. The GM of football operations is the key appointment IMO, this person has a huge brief and to be frank their are not a lot of people who would have the talent. Dont be surprised if Mathew Elliot's name is not in the mix!!!!!

Tigerm

First Grade
I think RM's suggested Folkes, I like this idea. Certainly been there & done that, knows a bit about salary cap issues to, from memory:lol:

macnaz

Staff member
I think RM's suggested Folkes, I like this idea. Certainly been there & done that, knows a bit about salary cap issues to, from memory:lol:

Well actually he asked iF Folkes was suitable and didnt suggest anything.. perhaps your opinion on why he wasnt suitable may have been more appropriate then throwing in a cheap shot !.
My apologies if you were just being sarcastic mate ?

Tigerm

First Grade
Well actually he asked iF Folkes was suitable and didnt suggest anything.. perhaps your opinion on why he wasnt suitable may have been more appropriate then throwing in a cheap shot !.
My apologies if you were just being sarcastic mate ?

Geeze, I'm not sure how you got that impression, but no cheap shot, I do like the idea of Folkes taking this type of role for us.
Yes, I was being sarcastic about his experience on salary cap issues.
Cheers

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
The newly announced Wests Tigers Board met for the first time tonight and has appointed Marina Go as the Club's Chair.

Currently CEO of Private Media, Go has a wealth of experience within the media and will lead the Board, which also consists of Rosemary Sinclair, Lucio Di Bartolomeo, Simon Cook, Tony Andreacchio, Danny Stapleton and James Myatt.

As well as the appointment of Go as Chair, the Club's Head Coaching position for 2015 was a discussion point and a clear process was put in place going forward.

Current Wests Tigers Coach Mick Potter is now scheduled to meet with the Board later this week.

http://leagueunlimited.com/news/wests-tigers-appoint-new-chairperson

Fordy20

Juniors
There's been reports of Potter being gone all the time. I reckon even if the bloke brought the club two premierships there would still be people saying he's axed.

TYGA

Juniors
We have women in charge now they will talk to him then cut him down at the meeting. Women are more ruthless just what we need.

goodplayer

Juniors
going by reports . the meeting with potter is a termination notice handover , tigers should keep potter atleast for another try out. some players are in a bother