What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Coach possibilities - Discussion Thread

jed

First Grade
Collins?
Furner?
Hagan?
Lang?
Sheens?
Smith?
Stuart?

Any others?

I'm putting a lot of speculation together here, but...

Ricky Stuart is off contract.

Ricky Stuart has said he'd love to return to Canberra one day.

Ricky Stuart has apparently sold his house and is just renting at the moment.

Ricky Stuart is good friends with Don Furner and John McIntyre.

It can't be that easy. I hope to God we at least TRY to get him. I'm not getting my hopes up though.

paulquinn49

Bench
jed said:
Collins? Nah will be the bridesmaid to whoever gets the job
Furner? No experience
Hagan? Doubt it
Lang? Will head to a QLD team as a coaching consultant
Sheens? Remaining at Tigers
Smith? Newcastle
Stuart? Roosters

Any others?

Walters is my choice, well not choice but prediction. Known to management, former player and was an assistant to one of the best coaches in the last decade.

raider_ktj

Juniors
I Bleed Green said:
I'm putting a lot of speculation together here, but...

Ricky Stuart is off contract.

Ricky Stuart has said he'd love to return to Canberra one day.

Ricky Stuart has apparently sold his house and is just renting at the moment.

Ricky Stuart is good friends with Don Furner and John McIntyre.

It can't be that easy. I hope to God we at least TRY to get him. I'm not getting my hopes up though.

Mate, I thought the exact same thing. He has ALWAYS said that he wanted to come back to Canberra, he could do a lot with the players that we have. We need a coach that is going to give it to the players when they start doing the regular half time slack off.

cooba

Juniors
Hey, we dont want the guy at the club this year-you only want people committed to the club. His mind will be on other things-who he'll have at Penrith next year, what young raiders players will benifit him in his coaching,who's around to sign to Penrith etc, etc. I know he'll say yeah i want this club to win the grand final,blah, blah, blah. We will only progress when we truly have a Canberra explayer who has the skills. Meninga was a flop, no work ethic,Furner could be the one,Bellamy or Stuart quality, Kevie Walters could be a risk, Belcher maybe, thats about it. There is a guy in North Qld Neil Henry a canberra local.
I'm contacting the club tomorrow saying I really dont want to go to games this year if Elliot remains coach. Pay him out but put Furner in charge this year.
Contenders:
Furner
Stuart
Walters
Henry
Daly
Belcher
Mitch Brennan
Snoopy

Macko8

Juniors
Firstly im pritty shocked but im pritty proud mr elliot is leaving the raiders after this season. He knows that he was only running this football team into the ground thats why his moving on.
Secondly if management have any brains (which we all know they dont) they would make Ricky Stuart an offer at the end of the year he cannot possibly refuse.
Management hold off talks wif kev walters (with all due respect to him) and dave furner, you can hold back and be stuarts assistant.

ed bbay

Juniors
at least someone who has won a title (cough) johny lang not DAVID FURNER & by the way what about dean lance he has been around the block his done his apprentice ship
twice already he coached 2 teams during super league & has been assisting bellamy quite well hes worth a mention i think hes got more experince then any other ex raider besides stuart & i think stuart coming is just hype i dont belive he wants to come back & daley wont leave sydney unless he gets the sack from fox so lets be real about it

cooba

Juniors
Yeah ed baby-forgot Dean lance- no the old Crookwell Witch is stirring the pot,hope she can come up with something, John mac puts a lot of faith on her and we all know he's the godfathers son-good things will come out of this.I'll visit her and she what she come up with.

raider6

Juniors
Just got home from working all weekend and I have to say, I'm stunned. Didn't really know how I felt about Elliot but now that he is leaving........man I don't know. What I can say is that even if 1 of the suggestions about Stuart are true the club MUST pursue him. As for other options..................F@#k i'm still in shock, let me sleep on it.

Latest posts