What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New coach

Well they said his contract with the club for his contract extension contravened the suspension but if there was other stuff spelt out to him in black & white that he didn't do, well that's just ridiculous from all concerned really.

I am not sure if i understand this we resign Flanno whilst suspended and the NRL approve this ??

But if this was a suspended player eg Ferguson would that contract have been accepted.

Does the NRL have different rules in accepting contracts in signing players against coaches, would not both have to be registered by the NRL and if Flanno was suspended at the time his contract should have not been accepted

Ads

First Grade
Think its beyond a joke he still has anything to do with the club. Waiting on this guy to sort his shit out so we can sign players is pathetic.

webShark

You'd think the nrl and his club would have kept themselves up to date with his progress.
If not then all concerned are a bunch of amateurs.
I'd like to know what he was told he had to do as well.

Why should the NRL monitor his progress? The club have a vested interest. My guess is the contract signing issue would have been overlooked if he fulfilled the other expectations. You would think he would have complied.

Makes me angry. Noticed Bennett already started his role at the Broncos. Bennett is the one with the success record who might have an excuse for starting late. Not Flanno. No doubt he will be back in time to suit Gall.

On another topic. Why are the club seemingly hosting a Gall Fight Night? Geale has little draw appeal. Doubt the tickets would be cheap or a decent attendance. Tell him to fight elsewhere unless he can guarantee the costs. Financial loss waiting to happen. Floyd Mayweather would struggle to sell out Remondis.

carcharias

Immortal
The nrl gave him the f**king penalty
Probably the first of its kind in the NRL ... I cannot think of any other coach copping one.
Surely it is not beyond them to maybe keep tabs on his progress.
Only a million dollar fine accompanied his sentence.
Maybe they set him an Internet course to do

Ads

First Grade
The nrl gave him the f**king penalty
Probably the first of its kind in the NRL ... I cannot think of any other coach copping one.
Surely it is not beyond them to maybe keep tabs on his progress.
Only a million dollar fine accompanied his sentence.
Maybe they set him an Internet course to do

Maybe they said you have 9 months to do xyz and you get back in. Why would they babysit him along the way?

Badge

Juniors
The reason for me posting this as you can see I don't normally post but there appears to be a growing swell against Flanagan in the media ie Kent Webster etc but of most interest to me was at the last home game several very prominent ex players were discussing this very issue and they are disgusted about what has gone on and the current position that the club is in. They blame it all on Flanagan and feel he should be no where near the joint , whether they know more about what's gone on I don't know but suffice to say they are filthy.

george43

Juniors
With all the negative talk coming from the so called luminaries of the game, it makes me believe there is an ulterior motive at play here. The hypocrisy of Bennett damning flanno after he has left both the dragons and Newcastle in tatters then pulls a nasty underhanded act by backstabbing Griffin. I could go on. There is more to this character assassination then meets the eye.

Quigs

Immortal
With all the negative talk coming from the so called luminaries of the game, it makes me believe there is an ulterior motive at play here. The hypocrisy of Bennett damning flanno after he has left both the dragons and Newcastle in tatters then pulls a nasty underhanded act by backstabbing Griffin. I could go on. There is more to this character assassination then meets the eye.

It would be interesting to see the Creeping Jesus's opinion of Russell Packer making an NRL comeback now that it looks like the Pennies are the favs to get his signature.

The other weekend there was a two full page fluff piece in the Brissie Sunday paper about Creepin looking forward to signing Russell to the Donkeys.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
The reason for me posting this as you can see I don't normally post but there appears to be a growing swell against Flanagan in the media ie Kent Webster etc but of most interest to me was at the last home game several very prominent ex players were discussing this very issue and they are disgusted about what has gone on and the current position that the club is in. They blame it all on Flanagan and feel he should be no where near the joint , whether they know more about what's gone on I don't know but suffice to say they are filthy.

Its the general consensus around the club. You can add current players to that list

my team

Juniors
Jus to clear a few things up
1. flano deal was done b4 he got suspended jus it wasn't made public, paper reported that this was the reason why he wasn't reinstated but as we all know it was bull...
2. He had completed all tasks asked of him, they just added one more to drag it out until after the GF
3. We all need to get over it, like him or loath him he is the coach for the next 3yrs,

Quigs

Immortal
Youse know what?

I reckon if at some stage early into the start of next season and we happen to jag 5 or 6 wins no one will give a continental about who is coaching.

Forget Ray, everyone loves a winner.

Who knows, maybe just maybe, that f**kwit God of Rugby League might just happen to smile upon us in 2015. yeah I know, tell me I dreamin'

george43

Juniors
Youse know what?

I reckon if at some stage early into the start of next season and we happen to jag 5 or 6 wins no one will give a continental about who is coaching.

Forget Ray, everyone loves a winner.

Who knows, maybe just maybe, that f**kwit God of Rugby League might just happen to smile upon us in 2015. yeah I know, tell me I dreamin'

Fully agree quigs and I don't think you're dreaming for a minute

Quigs

Immortal
Live in hope.... live in hope.

Time, and the seasons are starting to get on the thin side of my count.

As a long time shark supporter I feel I am at the 75th minute mark and we need two converted tries to win.

We will need a miracle to win one before I falleth from the percheth.

Yes I dream.

Latest posts