What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New coach

Snoop Shark

First Grade
One would think when he does return things are going to be a little "awkward" around the joint to say the least

cb4

First Grade
One would think when he does return things are going to be a little "awkward" around the joint to say the least

Depends who with?

The staff he was worked with previously want him back. There are a few murmors that the board members don't want him, but lets face it, they got into power on his back.

Talk that some senior players don't want him at the club but so far those players are nameless, unless anyone wants to put a few names out?

I for one know that Gal want's him back, as do Lewy and Graham. Those are probably our 3 best (on their day) and 3 most influential players at the club.
Michael Gordon is pretty high on him as well.

If/when he comes back to the club, if people make it awkward then we haven't really learnt anything or moved on.

I am not making out as if I am a huge fan of Flanno's, far from it, but there are 2 situations we face as a club with his return.

- Get on board and move forward. The scenario that has to happen. We need to actively move forward as a club and that includes the supporter base.
yes he was the head coach when the shit went down, but he has sat his suspension and done what the NRL have asked of him.
If his return is rubber stamped, green lighted and approved by the NRL then why would that not be good enough for the fans?

Or.

- Hate on him, keep mentioning that he is a mongrel and a bad guyand keep bithcing that he is our coach.

I honestly believe that the people who don't like Flanno should welcome him back and see what kind of coach he is without Carney, because he looked like a top coach when Carney was around.

Madsharkie

First Grade
The players didn't exactly flourish while he was away that's for sure.

Agreed. But was that because there was no Flanno, or because there was no permanent coach full stop? Don't forget the major injury crisis played a big part while flange was absent...

carcharias

Immortal
Exhibit A: carney

Probably the teams most important player.
I doubt he would have f**ked up if flano was coach.
Even Gallen admitted the players weren't putting in without him there.

Ads

First Grade
Exhibit A: carney

Probably the teams most important player.
I doubt he would have f**ked up if flano was coach.
Even Gallen admitted the players weren't putting in without him there.

He will freely admit that Flanno being gone was the worst thing to happen to him. Seemed like no one gave Sharp enough respect.

carinashark

First Grade
We have not played attacking football with Flanno. I have seen attacking play from Shep and Morris. The game now favors attack over defense. The game is being 'ruled' for attacking plays.
Speed = excitement= crowds. We need new brains.

Generalzod

Immortal
The NRL said that Sharks Head Coach Shane Flanagan would be required to undertake further work to satisfy the conditions required to have his suspension lifted.

http://www.nrl.com/nrl-statement-on-shane-flanagan/tabid/10874/newsid/81944/default.aspx

When I was working for a major corporation they used the same kind of techniques to get rid of people, What management used to do is make up some bullshit set of scenarios which you had to evaluate, It didn't matter how you replied when your heads on the chopping block your destined for termination. To me it feels that the NRL does not want him to succeed.

Last edited:

george43

Juniors
The NRL said that Sharks Head Coach Shane Flanagan would be required to undertake further work to satisfy the conditions required to have his suspension lifted.

http://www.nrl.com/nrl-statement-on-shane-flanagan/tabid/10874/newsid/81944/default.aspx

When I was working for a major corporation they used the same kind of techniques to get rid of people, What management used to do is make up some bullshit set of scenarios which you had to evaluate, It didn't matter how you replied when your heads on the chopping your destined for termination. To me it feels that the NRL does not want him to succeed.

How does the NRL expect the club to go forward and prepare for next season with all this uncertainty. It appears to be a deliberate attempt to destabilize the club

Ads

First Grade
Conspiracy theory: Sharks and nrl want him gone. Sharks have clause saying if he is not reinstated by a certain date he can be cut free without compensation. Nrl keeps him suspended until said date passes. Problem solved.

island pro

Juniors
I think Ads might be onto something... whatever the case, the NRL are doing something fishy. With our best interest at heart? Surely not.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
I think Ads might be onto something... whatever the case, the NRL are doing something fishy. With our best interest at heart? Surely not.

I think it's in the best interests of the NRL that's why it seems to be getting done this way.

They have a brand that they need to protect

Latest posts