What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New LEague unlimited ticket.

Frenzy.

Immortal
No to Hartley & Bolderman

Why not Hartley? I've heard he has been a great contributor from outside, including dipping into his own kick. I am unaware of any affiliations of concern either.

Is Dunphy now running as a patsy for Unity or has he really distanced himself from them? He was the one Unity member I was considering and was happy when he dropped off the ticket but JD would get in on his own right IMO so why didn't he just run as an indy in the first place? Now, wiff me tin foil hat firmly in place I am thinking he is running independently to ensure Unity get at least one on board.

hmmmm

newman

First Grade
Douglas
Irvine
Gorrick (vote for him if you want full strength beer in the ground)
Dunphy
Boldeman (the older one)
Kerr
Hartley
Dunphy

Keogh will get on despite what people suggest.

newman

First Grade
Sorry McGaw in place of one Dunphy.

Do everything you can to keep Mezzetesta and the Unity ticket out!

Frenzy.

Immortal
Sorry McGaw in place of one Dunphy.

Do everything you can to keep Mezzetesta and the Unity ticket out!

Yep, I think I am on that page but for me that means no Dunphy either. Not until I hear that he has totally disassociated from Unity.

newman

First Grade
Yep, I think I am on that page but for me that means no Dunphy either. Not until I hear that he has totally disassociated from Unity.

Dunphy will be his own man if voted on outside that ticket. Keogh will get on regardless of what happens.

The Popper

Bench
Done. Ran the 3 team gauntlet. Glen Coleman pushing for the encumbent team, Peter Gow pushing for the Unity team. Voted to my own thoughts as to which combination will best benefit our club. Back home now and sharpening my pencil for September. Nanna nap now. :shock:

Last edited:

Feej

First Grade
What's all this stuff I keep hearing that if Irvine gets on again, Carney and Flanno will walk? I assume it's scare tactics from someone, but I thought one of you fine fellows may have some info.

newman

First Grade
What's all this stuff I keep hearing that if Irvine gets on again, Carney and Flanno will walk? I assume it's scare tactics from someone, but I thought one of you fine fellows may have some info.

Thats a lie being spread on the Carney Army facebook page. It is nothing but a lie and a grubby tactic by the Unity ticket.

Feej

First Grade
I thought it might have been them Newms. Must be a big bucket of gold at the club, that they would stoop to that to get across the line.

Feej

First Grade
McGaw seeks emergency meeting over new Sharks board election campaign

http://www.theleader.com.au/story/1438402/mcgaw-seeks-emergency-meeting-over-new-sharks-board-election-campaign/?cs=1507

Former Cronulla Sharks international Mark McGaw has called on the Sharks board of directors to hold an emergency meeting over concerns about the election campaign for the new Sharks board.

‘‘I am concerned that this election has been turned into a farce and the candidates who abide by the rules are not given a fair go,’’ said McGaw, one of the board candidates, in his letter addressed to the board of directors, CEO, CFO, chairman and president of Cronulla Sutherland Leagues Club and Cronulla Sutherland Football Club.

‘‘The club and the board have a duty to ensure club rules are followed and a fair election for all involved.

‘‘At present this does not appear to be the case. I am considering my legal options if [one of the teams] is elected to the board, and I am aware other candidates are too.

‘‘I request you hold an emergency board meeting to determine the way this election has been conducted and action against those who have broken club rules.’’

McGaw’s call follows a warning this week from Sharks interim CEO Bruno Cullen, published in the Leader on Tuesday, that the club’s lawyers had contacted some of the candidates who they believe had abused the election rules.

McGaw, the former Sharks centre and Australian international, is head of Mark McGaw Institute of Sports Science.

Cronulla Sharks club members can vote for eight directors up until this Sunday before the successful candidates are announced on Monday night at the club’s annual general meeting.

Glenn Coleman is unopposed as Sharks club chairman.

It's pretty obvious which group this is aimed at.

f**k off unity.

where the hell where these so called unifiers when the club was going like busteds?

irvine made mistakes. but he stepped up. id rather him back than some of these other types.

anyway, i wont be voting unity.

Jimbo

Immortal
It's pretty obvious which group this is aimed at.

And fair enough too

The Board may run the club, but they are still bound by the club's constitution

If potential Board members are willing to breach the constitution in order to get themselves elected, it doesn't say much for the sort of culture they would instill in the organisation. And culture is one of the more pressing issues facing the club right now

That's why I'm backing McGaw's ticket - Gorick and Goodwin are experts in this area