What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New recruit Trent Barrett stars in Cronulla's win over Penrith

millersnose

Post Whore
looking at the quality of the 2 teams and games gregstar i think the dragons would have lapped us last night

gregstar

Referee
i missed the dragons game - i'm told we looked good in the forwards.

i haven't seen any footage / replays yet.

actually i haven't seen any games yet!

how tampon goes for your mob will purely depend on stuart.

if he plays straight, he'll be amongst the comp's elite performers easily. in games where he's nailed it, he's run straight first & foremost & held the ball. the guy is a big unit & a fantastic runner.

Stuey Topper

Juniors
I certainly think there were some very promising signs from Baz. You blokes who were there would know that it wasnt a night for a number 6 to shine with attacking brilliance

His kicking game was very solid, scored a try, laid one on, hit like a back rower in defence and his leadership and talk was top notch

I agree the jury is still out but you couldn't ask for too much more considering the weather

Very happy with the 2 points

Weaponhead

Coach
Barrett showed vision for the first try. Seeing Coote out of positin and calling for the kick was class. Great execution from Seymour. Good 40/20 - yes it was wind assisted but still a great kick. The flat ball to Gallen was very good. That is exactly the play that we need to see with Barrett having choice of runners with Gallen, Pom and Toupou hitting holes.

A few mistakes as well with kickoffs standing out. He did tend to drift out of the game at times.

A solid debut with anough positives to suggest that he can be an influential player for us. Agree completely with Gregstar's comment about him playing straight. If he overplays his hand and runs across field he won't be effective.

azzah72

Bench
he had a great kick - wind assisted

fell on a regulation kick to score with an inexperienced fullback out of position

threw a gem flat ball, which the try was a result of gallens freakish off load to put toops over

he had a few nice touches - but he was missing for a lot of the game

he was no super star tonight

dropped ball, executed kicks that kimmorley would be hung and quartered for, and mis-read plays

i hope he gets better for our sake

So do i, as i have said he was 50/50 at best!

Vossy

Bench
barrett kicks a 40/20 with his first kick, nice change from the previous 7 years, already love having him in the sharks jersey..

like someone else said, if you werent at the game, you wouldnt know how it felt to be standing in the rain, f**k running for cover, stayed to watch the footy...worst conditions i have seen

azzah72

Bench
I was there, i felt like i was getting shattered with golf balls at points, wet and miserable.

Will be a memorable one

carcharias

Immortal
played fugged and won anyway.

Barret kicked a 40 / 20.

worst weather at a game in history.

and Kearney gets injured.

Yep ......the sharks are back!

Latest posts