What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New recruits for 2023

Mojo

Bench
These are l great signings for many reasons - one major one is that it spells the early release of Aaron Woods.. . apparently Hook spoke to their parents
Yes, but apparently both sets of parents refused the offer of a swap of their boys for Aaron plus a block of flats in Tasmania.

steerlerbab

Juniors
Plu

+ BMM.
CC
In terms of new recruits that played top grade against Titans:
Liddle was our best vs Titans (112m and 22 tackles). - So far looks like our best buy for this year. 9point performance
Musgrove ran 125m and made 14 tackles. Comes second.
BMM ran 85m and made 11 tackles. He had one line break though. He seemed to suffer from cramps during the match. That may have limited his performance.

If they can keep it up, by round 5.

In terms of juniors that made it.

Couchman ran 97m and made 9 tackles before HIA.
Sloan finally graduated to top grade. I know he was tried last year but the year before, but he was not ready then. Ran 97m and made 2 line breaks.
Could not separate them.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
not one bomb under pressure

makes a huge difference

from what i have seen Sloan has so many great attriubutes but he equally had bomb under pressure jitters that could put us under enormous pressure

True_Believer

Juniors

makes a huge difference

from what i have seen Sloan has so many great attriubutes but he equally had bomb under pressure jitters that could put us under enormous pressure
Agreed. I expect Broncos to bomb to him and Rav and put them both under pressure. Also running at Sullivan could yield results.

Hills Dragon

Juniors

makes a huge difference

Yeah he did get one bomb under pressure and he dropped it. We were lucky their halfback had a shocker with the boot. I’m still far from convinced about Sloan under the bomb, but hopefully he’s turned a corner.

Dragons4me

Juniors
Yeah he did get one bomb under pressure and he dropped it. We were lucky their halfback had a shocker with the boot. I’m still far from convinced about Sloan under the bomb, but hopefully he’s turned a corner.
All fullbacks face the same dilema no matter who they are. Sloan won't get them all. Last Sunday showed just how good he is playing behind a dominant team display. A little harsh if missing one bomb is your benchmark for being unconvinced about him as a fullback!

justadragon

Bench
I dont care how many mistakes the young guns make, as long as we maintain attitude learn from our mistakes and keep getting better. Of course Reynolds wont let us off the hook with bombing and he is way better than the Titans were, but we need our young blokes exposed to this kind of pressure, not the pressure that comes from the supporters if they do make a mistake. The NRL is a pressure sport, you cant hide and you cant be shy, but you can build confidence on every bit of pressure you do handle and be encouraged on every bit you dont.

Dragon David

First Grade
I dont care how many mistakes the young guns make, as long as we maintain attitude learn from our mistakes and keep getting better. Of course Reynolds wont let us off the hook with bombing and he is way better than the Titans were, but we need our young blokes exposed to this kind of pressure, not the pressure that comes from the supporters if they do make a mistake. The NRL is a pressure sport, you cant hide and you cant be shy, but you can build confidence on every bit of pressure you do handle and be encouraged on every bit you dont.
That's right justa. Just like in anything in life, you learn from your mistakes, although I must admit my earlier choices of women I married were questionable and maybe I didn't learn with those mistakes. Oh well, cie la vie and que sera sera.:)

Just like the Dragons making several mistakes with who they have recruited over the years, hopefully they would have learned by now the quality of players we now need.

kit66

Bench
That's right justa. Just like in anything in life, you learn from your mistakes, although I must admit my earlier choices of women I married were questionable and maybe I didn't learn with those mistakes. Oh well, cie la vie and que sera sera.:)

Just like the Dragons making several mistakes with who they have recruited over the years, hopefully they would have learned by now the quality of players we now need.

Haha, it took me 3 goes to get it right. Persitence pays off, I'm living proof, happy az.

Old Timer

Coach
Hopefully our discipline is good and we don’t end up with someone in the bin for a “late” shot on Reynolds after he bombs us.

Anything that even remotely looks late will see us get the bushy end of the pineapple

Sims, Fui & Maguire were huge liabilities in this area so we don’t need Blocker, Musgrave or anyone else thinking they have to take over that dumbarse behaviour.

jak

Bench

dave, let me know what im doing wrong I have had the same redheaded wife for 50 years next month, and yes being a redhead has always scarred me just a little, just like gareth and ethel

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Hopefully our discipline is good and we don’t end up with someone in the bin for a “late” shot on Reynolds after he bombs us.

Anything that even remotely looks late will see us get the bushy end of the pineapple

Sims, Fui & Maguire were huge liabilities in this area so we don’t need Blocker, Musgrave or anyone else thinking they have to take over that dumbarse behaviour.
Couldn't agree more; these indiscretions prevents you from building any pressure and cost us greatly in some important times over the last two years.

kit66

Bench

On the flipside, looks like the shoulder charge is back in fashion if last night's game is anything to go by.

Dragon David

First Grade
dave, let me know what im doing wrong I have had the same redheaded wife for 50 years next month, and yes being a redhead has always scarred me just a little, just like gareth and ethel
Well jak, 50 years with the same woman I would be extremely happy with had the first one been my third one, who by the way I have had the pleasure to be with for over 31 years now.

You are lucky your wife is a redhead jak. Just make sure she wears a white top on game day and she will be your red and white mascot. haha!

Oh go the Dragons!!

Latest posts