What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New recruits for 2023

Dragon David

First Grade
Here we go talking up and lamenting the loss of young Sailor

Walsh comes back Sailor goes out so where is his future at the Broncos certainly not FB or wing.

Good cover for 1st grade at a good club but evidently has sufficient ability for a club like us according to some of the muppets in this place.

We love talking players up especially ex juniors.
Why don't you name me as the muppet OT?

I'm just filling in time like you and the rest of us until we have a better picture of where this club sits for now and in the near to long term future. Me talking up a player long gone has no bearing on our current issues I know and the guy I was talking about may not ever be a part of this club again, but I just like to go into fairy land from time to time and I say small things to help me through the day.

Yow

Juniors
I was so looking forward to Tristan playing first grade for the Dragons as he was great to watch in the juniors. It is so unfortunate what happened to him and I cannot see him coming back as from memory Wendel and Tristian were pretty disappointed with how the Dragons did not really support him. He will be a great buy for anyone and I really hope he has a good career in the NRL.
I am pretty sure when Paul Mc got sacked Wendell said it was wrong but when Saints didnt sign Tristan backup it was the clubs fault for not giving Tristan a better go but his mate Paul was the coach .

Slippery Morris

First Grade
With Adam Reynolds getting closer to retirement, Tristan may get a crack at a halves spot which is his usual position. Tristian is great utility value for a number of spots.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Lodge? No thanks. Saints will be what his 5th club? If he was any good he would not be moving clubs every year. He will be an Aaron Woods signing. Journeyman just there to get his payslip each week.

I think if Saints want a good forward they go Nathan Brown? Is he only at Chooks for the remainder of this season?

He got offside with Parra because he had a say about the coach picking his son in the squad, nothing to do with his ability. He is a guy Saints need in the forwards.

Also go hard for Sorensen at Penrith. He will be available. Brown and Sorensen will be 2 guys that will definitely be an upgrade to what we have now.

Draginzaaar

Bench
Lodge? No thanks. Saints will be what his 5th club? If he was any good he would not be moving clubs every year. He will be an Aaron Woods signing. Journeyman just there to get his payslip each week.

I think if Saints want a good forward they go Nathan Brown? Is he only at Chooks for the remainder of this season?

He got offside with Parra because he had a say about the coach picking his son in the squad, nothing to do with his ability. He is a guy Saints need in the forwards.

Also go hard for Sorensen at Penrith. He will be available. Brown and Sorensen will be 2 guys that will definitely be an upgrade to what we have now.
Brown also has a motor which most of our forwards don't have.

Zero Tackle are saying Averillo is being shopped around.
I think he would be a really handy pickup for the Dragons (like for like replacement for Ramsey)
No interest in Lodge or Brown.
We need a couple of young big boppers to strengthen our pack.
Just build the pack around Lawrie and the Couchman brothers.
Throw in young Dylan Egan who will close to getting a run in first grade in 2024.
A new coach with stronger structures right through the club to the junior pathways and all of a sudden so much of the doom and gloom should begin to disappear.

hewi

Bench
I’m thinking a new coach would say we won’t win a premiership in 24/25 Hunt would like to so let’s let him go. Add in the money from Bird and MBye hopefully plus Kerr, Burns (hopefully) we have serious coin to buy some really good players.

denis preston

First Grade
I’m thinking a new coach would say we won’t win a premiership in 24/25 Hunt would like to so let’s let him go. Add in the money from Bird and MBye hopefully plus Kerr, Burns (hopefully) we have serious coin to buy some really good players.
Has merit but they would have to be 3 or 4 very good players to offset losing Hunt. We need to get our cards in order. Still think Hunt 6 & Sloan wing so perhaps if Ramsey doesn’t come back Averillo can take that, at least until Sloan fully develops ( if he does )

Victoire

Juniors
Jaimin Jolliffe would be a good pick up imo. He's got one more year left on contract but with Tino and Mo Fotuiaka ahead of him the Titans might let him explore offers. He's big, experienced and works hard. Made a good return from pec injury tonight