What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New recruits for 2023

BLM01

First Grade
Do you know this for a fact BLM ? You would think for sure transition for Bud must have been discussed and thats why it probably took so long to negotiate. Upped the Hunt offer to make sure of it and save them having to pay 800k for a decent hooker perhaps ? We probably will never know and these things in Dragons land are very much kept in house.
Not as fact. Brent Reads words. Watch the highlights of Fox Sports

possm

Coach
For me, it would be better to recruit a much younger Robson at 600k.
Swap Hunt for David Fifita.
Recruit Robson and say goodbye to McCullough.
Recruit a good prop.

That is it for 2023.

redv13

Bench
I think all the crazy talk about us signing David Fifita &/or Spencer Leniu has got to stop.
The only Fifita we are likely to get is Andrew, and the only Spencer we are likely to get isView attachment 67015
There’s only 1 person pushing the Fifita barrow. Leniu is exactly what we need but I’m sure there will be a few clubs throwing their hats in the ring for his signature which means we’re absolutely f**ked

Gareth67

First Grade
I think all the crazy talk about us signing David Fifita &/or Spencer Leniu has got to stop.
The only Fifita we are likely to get is Andrew, and the only Spencer we are likely to get isView attachment 67015
Actually young Frank looks fairly intelligent there . If he doesn’t make the grade as a player , then perhaps we could squeeze him in as a coach ? ☺️

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
If Saints don't get any new recruits it may be a good thing as it will force the dope to pick juniors.
Well, Slippery, having too many fringe first graders was definitely a serious setback for any young forward talent this season. The first half of the season had Alvaro, Faama, Fui, Ford, Burgess and later Kerr and Gowieski taking most of the spots in the NSW Cup. When you throw in J.Hunt and M.Molo there was very little space for any good juniors in the forward pack. Now 4 or 5 of the above have moved on and not surprisingly the cupboard of good youngsters with NSW Cup experience is looking pretty bare.

Dragon David

First Grade
Latrell Mitchell just said on the news that NOT ONE NRL talent scout went to to the Koori knock out! What on earth are our recruitment people doing? If ever there would be some untapped talent on display it would be at this tournament! Another opportunity missed by the Dragons!
I earlier thought that the Koori Cup would have been a good time for our scouts to check out the guys playing in this knock out comp. I don't understand why there were no scouts there from what Mitchell has said?

The Koori Cup competition showed several big guys running around with plenty of ability. Several would already have contracts with NRL clubs but there surely would have been others wanting a club to join and if there were any of our scouts there then maybe they might be lining up a couple who could help our cause?

Just opened my tele sports section to have the worst effing news to hit this once great club since Widdop left. FO has let down this club and has ruined the Dragons future of Sully our rising half for a 30 something on the downward slide. I hope part of this blind deal is to play Hunt at hooker.. only way we'll keep Sully.

Last edited:
Craig Young is big on empty talk and patronising our juniors, but, hello, Albert how about giving them some concrete assurance that they are wanted. Such as Sully we intend making you starting half next season with Ben as starting hooker, because we see you, Tyrell and Talatau as a major part of the future of this great club.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
If correct: un-fkn-believable!
Unless the club has quite a few prospective ones lined up in the juniors or they have scouted elsewhere or are intending to sign more rejects/journeymen, then yes, un-fkn-believable.