What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New recruits for 2023

possm

Coach
If we are going to sign a couple of top forwards we will need to backfill with juniors with potential and a few cheap forwards. So maybe this is a good sign.

qld redvee

Juniors
from the clip he at least hits the line hard . MUST be a better option than woods . I read on a report that we were the only club to pretty well promise a top 30 spot and a nrl shot thats why he joined us . apparantly a few teams were after him . We have lost Alvaro .. Faamausili , then who knows with burgess and the talk of Kerr so at least he has size and experience ..
Now we just have to hope our coaching staff can "improve" him and not dumb him down to a plodder

getsmarty

Immortal
Your right getsmarty , they are certainly lacking on real skills and your reference to Rulon the Butcher is a prime example of that .

I do recall him playing in the Charity Shield in what I believe was his debut match for the Dragons . He didn’t do anything outstanding , but to me at least he held his own .

From then on it was all downhill which was a pity as we did - and still do require a big tough bod to give our pack some respect .

Good to see your occasional post my friend , miss your input .

Thank you @Gareth67 .

Unfortunately the club and the way the game is run has got me to a point where I just don't care that much anymore. The club is on a downward spiral....

The game in general is no longer the spectacle it used to be.
What an embarrassing finals series....if that's the product the NRL want to push, they can keep it.

Last edited:
He played for Penrith when Hook was there in ‘18…really aggressive the few times I saw him.
Another Hook lovechild, then.
I remember when I first coached senior mens football (round ball) after coaching youth level for a few years. I took 3 of my youth players with me to the new club and the resentment towards them was palpable. And they were handy players, too. I brought them for the opportunity to play at a higher level, in a strong comp but it didn't do me any favours with a pretty cliquey squad.
I'd never do it again.
Maybe Hook should consider not doing it again. Especially since the whole McGuire, McCullough, Hunt thing has worked soooo well...

Latest posts