What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New recruits for 2023

jeffdragon

Bench
When will the new recruits be announced and why the delay ? It is only after the 1st Nov for 2024 contracts isn't it ?
My opinion is they are too embarrassed.
The ones they signed are rubbish.
Woods stays Macca one more year,Fuimaono, who did nothing this year and barely did anything in reggies.
And a 26y old who hasn't made it yet only good for Qld cup.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Woods stays Macca one more year,Fuimaono, who did nothing this year and barely did anything in reggies.
We haven’t signed anyone yet, it’s either a salary cap issue or we haven’t been able to attract anyone yet. 2023 is going to suck

denis preston

First Grade
don’t do it to yourself mate !

possm

Coach
The same day or as close as possible to it when they announce the release of Bud 🙄
I'm of the opinion that Sullivan will stay and Sloan will only be released if that suits the Dragons e.g. if we sign Tommy Turbo.

The real question is, will Hunt ask for a release when we sack Griffin or will he recognize Hasler as a good replacement as head coach?

Rod Coil

Juniors
Respectfully, can I ask what beneficiary reason, apart from nostalgia and St.George bias, does playing games out of Kogarah provide. No interest in the area, far lower crowd attendance, inability to get stadium upgrades there (and at Wollongong too because we can’t get a better stadium if we’re only going to play 6 games there), no juniors from st.George so young talent would rather play in Wollongong, all staff are being moved to Wollongong when COE is built, so no one will be running the club out of Kogarah and a clear identity as ONE club rather than two are all reasons I can think of to just play out of Wollongong. Everything is moving to Wollongong, and that’s where we’re seemingly heading.
Disagree mate - plenty of interest still in the St.George area. This has caused no end of anger & frustration to many heartland supporters, junior rugby league clubs &officials. The area has been completely ignored by the joint venture for 20 years, resulting in where we are today.

Maddragon99

Juniors

Read the article if you wish but the ‘crux’ is this written quote from Ryan Webb;

“At the crux of this they are both seeking more consistent first grade exposure while, as a football club, we must balance player development with the need to win and these two aims don’t always perfectly align.”

Someone needs to remind douche Webb that holding Sloan & Sullivan back in favour of journeyman Moga & Mbye didn’t work either!!!!!! We finished with 3 or 4wks early at 10th & conceded circa 600 points!!!!!

That has got to be the most ridiculous comment I’ve read.

Wow, what the f**k is hook doing? I thought we were kissed on the arse when the Dragons took Liddle, now Musgrove?

Hopefully he finds that fire in the belly for you guys. It was firmly buried with us.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Come on @JohnnoMcJohnno , the article said that Musgrove "has had his most productive season to date". Surely that means he is ready to fire up for the Dragons! 😂😂
You're right, I'll try and be more positive. He'll go better than George Burgess has. Coming from Wests Tigers he should be able to car pool with Jacob Liddle, even if his license is suspended again. He hasn't had trouble with the police since 2021. It's all upside really.

be55

Juniors
So we signed Zane Musgrove...

sarcastic sarcasm GIF

Latest posts