What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New recruits for 2023

jak

Bench
Dakink , unfortunately I possess a iPad only and my knowledge of of the technology world is zilch . I have seen VPN advertised on numerous occasions and realize that it offers security among other advantages , however I will stick with what I know for the present - but thanks for the tip .
could not have put it any better myself ol fela , i would give you a thumbs up if i knew how.

Last edited:

I'm Hornby

Juniors
I never said it was a rep player, I said it was a big player in size, paseka is not a low key signing IMO
Odd that you didn't want to name drop a front rower who has played 70 or so club games. He's a BIG signing in size but maybe not so much in stature.
I thought the secrecy behind not naming the player must've meant it was a player of more note than Paseka.

It's a bigger shame that people only found out it was Paseka when someone shared a rumour from JA forum that named him specifically.

Anyway hopefully he goes well for us.

Maximus

Coach
Hunt being the starting hooker doesn't necessarily mean they think he's better than Grant. It could just mean they think they are better off with Grant running at a tiring defence. Also, Hunt is not incumbent over Grant because he doesn't get selected without Grant. They both got rested for a game, and the rest they've been selected together.

BLM01

First Grade
I never said it was a rep player, I said it was a big player in size, paseka is not a low key signing IMO
A couple of months ago you had everyone guessing what front rower we were signing from a Top 8 side. That quiz is still unresolved but I hope answered before January.
And to be fair in the most recent rumour before you said Paseka is done (we hope that is the case) you left out the words "size" and replaced it with "signing"

Last edited:

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Hunt being the starting hooker doesn't necessarily mean they think he's better than Grant. It could just mean they think they are better off with Grant running at a tiring defence. Also, Hunt is not incumbent over Grant because he doesn't get selected without Grant. They both got rested for a game, and the rest they've been selected together.
Yes exactly this and also the fact that Hunt gives rep squads cover for a few different positions means he is likely to find his way there. As you've rightfully pointed out, it doesn't make him a top line Hooker nor does it mean he should play Hooker for the dragons.

Unfortunately most would prefer to close their eyes, block their ears and announce Hunt is starting Australian Hooker from the rooftops. It must have a good ring to it!

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
based on who has left and who has joined and upgrades on existing

plus if Woods goes

would it be fair to say we should be able to afford the following forwards ie all 3? :

Leniu $450k pa
Paseka $400k pa
Brown $450k pa? Parra pays balance?

Walpole

Juniors
Yes exactly this and also the fact that Hunt gives rep squads cover for a few different positions means he is likely to find his way there. As you've rightfully pointed out, it doesn't make him a top line Hooker nor does it mean he should play Hooker for the dragons.

Unfortunately most would prefer to close their eyes, block their ears and announce Hunt is starting Australian Hooker from the rooftops. It must have a good ring to it!
I guess the question is, if it's not Hunt, who is the current starting hooker for Australia?

Old Timer

Coach
I guess the question is, if it's not Hunt, who is the current starting hooker for Australia?
Not so sure starting hooker counts for much in the arguement to me it's all about "balance".

I think "SMF" as coach thinks that he gets more out of Grant at critical stages than Hunt namely when the defence is tiring & / or when we are on the back foot and need a few good darts out of DH.

Hunt & Grant both bring something to the style that "SMF" wants and as such he will rotate them depending on the opposition.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Many are conflating Hunt starting the most recent game for the Kangaroos at Hooker and Hunt should then play Hooker for the dragons.

Not only is this a misrepresentation on the overall reasons for Hunt being in the Kangaroos Squad, but it also neglecting the most glaringly obvious reasons as to why he shouldn't play Hooker for the dragons.

Things really aren't as simple as a positional change and a new coach would mean we're a consistently competitive team playing finals on the regular.

Mojo

Bench
Not so sure starting hooker counts for much in the arguement to me it's all about "balance".

I think "SMF" as coach thinks that he gets more out of Grant at critical stages than Hunt namely when the defence is tiring & / or when we are on the back foot and need a few good darts out of DH.

Hunt & Grant both bring something to the style that "SMF" wants and as such he will rotate them depending on the opposition.
Agree. I think StGI may have a similar potential for creative ’rotations’, with Hunt, Sullivan (plus Liddle, Muhl, Mbye). It seems to me we actually have a couple of very capable hooker / halves who have different but complimentary skills - and several capable bench players to enable us to be really flexible and responsive in our attack in particular. Am I dreaming?