What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New recruits for 2023

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Strong rumour Spencer Lenin about to sign with Bulldigs. I just don’t get our club, we just don’t seem to be interested in anyone and will suffer the indignity of being close to the wooden spoon this year then see how easy it is to attract new players…. This club is on the slippery slide to oblivion which will become evident after 6 rounds of the comp this season
If you don’t get our club, then you haven’t been following them for too long. Year after year this club signs old has-beens whilst every other team bolsters their roster. They are happy to just be competing. Seeing that McFlop is the longest serving coach in the history of this club says a lot. We are a joke.

Dragon David

First Grade
If you don’t get our club, then you haven’t been following them for too long. Year after year this club signs old has-beens whilst every other team bolsters their roster. They are happy to just be competing. Seeing that McFlop is the longest serving coach in the history of this club says a lot. We are a joke.

Ciraldo looks like he will be adopting something similar to that at the time he was at the Panthers. He will have the players that he wants - Lenui, Xerri, Chrichton all coming in 2024 and giving Hayze Perham a chance to show his ability at fullback at the expense of Jake Averillo. Perham is training at fullback and doing a good job and Ciraldo wants him to be similar to Dylan Edwards and play with a lot of energy for the full 80 minutes.

Good luck to them but the Bulldogs is still my most hated team.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade

Ciraldo looks like he will be adopting something similar to that at the time he was at the Panthers. He will have the players that he wants - Lenui, Xerri, Chrichton all coming in 2024 and giving Hayze Perham a chance to show his ability at fullback at the expense of Jake Averillo. Perham is training at fullback and doing a good job and Ciraldo wants him to be similar to Dylan Edwards and play with a lot of energy for the full 80 minutes.

Good luck to them but the Bulldogs is still my most hated team.
I hate those bastards too. A bulldogs loss is almost as good as a dragons win for me

Dragonslayer

First Grade
The Dogs are certainly putting together a team of stars, however, will that translate to a star team remains the big question imo.
A lot of egos in that squad, whilst that isn't necessarily a bad thing, it can lead to issues if one decides he is above the others.

We saw this even with us, particularly last year with the suggestion of player divide, and again with the BBQ gate incident.

I feel the Dogs (and good luck to them) are building a house of cards with the high end players then the low end players with very little in-between. It suggests the contracts are split front loaded on some players and end loaded on others. Quite creative actually, however, it only takes something minor to collapse that house of cards

I would agree our recruiting has been ordinary, and reliant on an assumed salary cap which didn't eventuate. So, I think we will be "forced" into promoting juniors into the top 30, and trying to sign substitute for Amone will also be difficult.

Which brings me to Fafita (the David kind). He's more likely to stay at the Titans now that the Raiders deal seemingly off the table. Should we try for him? Absolutely we should, but I feel our chances are very slim.

Gareth67

First Grade
Big N.A.S OFF contract this year. I know he does stupid shit but I think he would add that intimidation to our pack that we desperately need

I believe he is worth a shot also Coastie , he played very well last season after Bellamy gave him more freedom in attack and his defense has never been an issue - but he will need to get rid off the dirty play otherwise he will be nothing but as penalty magnet .

Last edited:

possm

Coach
OUST DOUST and sack Griffin and Haran.

Walpole

Juniors
Notice that Jake Averillo may be a little on outer at dogs. I rate him a good player and a fast player. 5/8 cover with Amone n Sullivan a bit dodgy with injury. Dogs may realease him?
I like Averillo too. 22 years old, 50 NRL games under his belt, can play anywhere in the backline, fast, kicks goals. Could even make a good 14. Stephen Crichton goes to the Dogs in 2024 as well, which will make it harder for Averillo.

Parko1310

Juniors
Would be good if we can pick up Averillo and Thompson from the Dogs for 2024.
Reported the other day Flegler might be squeezed out of the Broncs, so if there is truth to that I'd definitely go for him over Thompson. Will command similar prices but Flegler is more damaging, younger and has that mongrel we need. Thompson's a steady option who will do a good job but probably won't provide you with much more. I still think Leniu should be the priority prop target for next year though.

Latest posts