What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New recruits for 2023

eagles4eva

First Grade
If it happens, I'd rather think that they aren't duds but the real deal and they will be part of our successful future.
Last post in enemy territory

Fifita would be starting if it wasn't for Tuilagi & Olaka'atu, in my opinion a future rep player. As mentioned above us Eagles supporters are miffed he hasn't been resigned. He's 19 and freaky big and he's still growing. As i said outstanding signing and yep you guys suck lol...

Tuitavake is only just coming back from a ACL injury. He had a lot of competition in front of him, @ 22 he just has to stay fit.

I reckon you guys should have taken Morgan Harper too.

justadragon

Bench

Fifita would be starting if it wasn't for Tuilagi & Olaka'atu, in my opinion a future rep player. As mentioned above us Eagles supporters are miffed he hasn't been resigned. He's 19 and freaky big and he's still growing. As i said outstanding signing and yep you guys suck lol...

Tuitavake is only just coming back from a ACL injury. He had a lot of competition in front of him, @ 22 he just has to stay fit.

Thanks for the info much appreciated, and on a side note we'll take Harper if you take Woods :)))

Yow

Juniors
Clearly the Paseka talks were just a smoke screen.
From the Sea Eagles web site:

Viliami Fifita is a promising young Manly prop who has risen through the very successful Sea Eagles Pathways Academy.

A damaging ball runner with speed and agility, the 194cm/112kg prop first joined Manly as a 14-year-old junior development player.

Fifita will be looking to further develop his game and learn from established props Josh Aloiai, Taniela Paseka, Sean Keppie, and Toff Sipley after being a development player in 2022.

He is definitely a player to keep an eye out for in 2023.
I posted back in November after meeting Ryan Webb that the club was looking at developing our own juniors and up and younger players with talent from other clubs didnt want to go down the path of older players what the club had done in the past which. Just maybe we are heading in the right direction . Go the MIGHTIES

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade

Thanks for the post mate.

jodragon40

Juniors
Well I always said we needed 2 big props however both are untested in 1sts.Saints have pinched both young big props from the Sea Eagles. Tuitavake comes from good bloodlines his uncle was Solomon Houmono this kid before covid hit played in the NSW Blues U18s and the 2019 Australian Schoolboys team so has talent and potential. The other lad Fifita is a big lad 194cm. Both are exactly what we need going forward in the future whether that is this season or next time will

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
sounds crystal clear we have them for 2024 onwards

2023 do we need them? ie these type of developing players could develop just as well if not better in 2023 at Manly.......acception being that they wont see FG at Manly u would guess..........but could see limited FG with us via injuries?

I wonder if we will sign Kerr again or he is the swap?

Last edited:

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
i wonder if Flanno wants one of ours in exchange?

Kerr ?

can we bring in two players to our 30 in 2023?

can we only bring one unless we move a player on?

Does Josh Codric our for season and or Amone ? give us an extra spot in the 30?

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Well I always said we needed 2 big props however both are untested in 1sts.Saints have pinched both young big props from the Sea Eagles. Tuitavake comes from good bloodlines his uncle was Solomon Houmono this kid before covid hit played in the NSW Blues U18s and the 2019 Australian Schoolboys team so has talent and potential. The other lad Fifita is a big lad 194cm. Both are exactly what we need going forward in the future whether that is this season or next time will
So if he’s anything like his uncle, he’ll meet a bird and f**k off halfway through the season?

Jim Dragons

Juniors
Lets hope we keep an eye out for him wearing the big red V and we dont have to worry about Woods being on the interchange bench.
There are two sides to Woods... Woods the player (who I used to call Little Steps - when he got to the defence) and Woods the influencer. Don't under estimate the influence Woods is having on OUR team. He played reggies last week - but was still at the ground in the tunnel talking with the boys and taking his young bloke out on the field amongst the players after first and reserves... those lil one percenters build successful footy clubs. All the players seemed to have a chat with young Mr Woods... I didn't rate him as a player - doesn't mean I don't rate him as a bloke.

Jim Dragons

Juniors

Morgan Harper - haha - nice try buddie... Footnote to Hook (just in case)... He was only joking !!!