What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New recruits for 2023

St Tangles

Bench
K mate. I’m just clutching at straws. I’d just like us to make a play for someone…anyone…rather than sitting back and waiting for what we have to come good.
All good I have no issues with a difference of opinion
I share your frustration at us being inactive in the player market
We need to get out there

DragonBorn95

Juniors
Did my eyes deceive me or did I read this morning that this basket case club intends targeting both Tino and Fifita after the last Origin game. Boy is that music to my ears.
Yea, and the best thing is we have hunt as a bargaining chip. Big tino would be a masssive signing, especially for the development of our younger players coming through. I would also be happy if holbrook is approached about being an assistant to flanno.. What a turnaround just those 2 signings would make. Fifita would be good aswell but thats alot of cap right there. Positive news if its %100 true!

DragonBorn95

Juniors
Jack cogger from penrith is offcontract this year, he would be alot better then amone. Only 25, best years ahead of him surely we can out bid penrith they are stacked as it is. Really hope flanno doesnt bring kyle in, but its his job to build the team so i will back him %100 whoever he signs.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Did my eyes deceive me or did I read this morning that this basket case club intends targeting both Tino and Fifita after the last Origin game. Boy is that music to my ears.
You did read that, but I'm not getting too excited just yet. We've seen plenty of times before that player managers will try and inflate their clients value by saying St George are after them. And sometimes journalists are happy to create a story based on either very flimsy evidence or conjecture. I hope there's some truth in the rumours but it's impossible to say.

Jack cogger from penrith is offcontract this year, he would be alot better then amone.
Cogger the bloke Tyrell Sloan burned in that disallowed try when we played em a few weeks ago. Has scored 4 career tries, five '23 games for only 3 try assists.

Did you watch Amone last week in Ressies take apart the front running Newtown Jets. Is obvious he has been working on his ball skills as he created three tries and was heavily involved in at least three more. Ran 150m, was prime field kicker. Looked confident in managing the team to be totally honest.

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
Cogger the bloke Tyrell Sloan burned in that disallowed try when we played em a few weeks ago. Has scored 4 career tries, five '23 games for only 3 try assists.

Did you watch Amone last week in Ressies take apart the front running Newtown Jets. Is obvious he has been working on his ball skills as he created three tries and was heavily involved in at least three more. Ran 150m, was prime field kicker. Looked confident in managing the team to be totally honest.
Hopefully he can bring it to the NRL

So glad he got to show what he can do when having more control. It seems impossible to look good at 5/8 when Hunt is at 7. Sullivan needs to make the most of his opportunity this weekend.

Saint Angelo

Juniors
You did read that, but I'm not getting too excited just yet. We've seen plenty of times before that player managers will try and inflate their clients value by saying St George are after them. And sometimes journalists are happy to create a story based on either very flimsy evidence or conjecture. I hope there's some truth in the rumours but it's impossible to say.
Agree.
They'll probably end up at the Chooks like everybody else has in the past.

So glad he got to show what he can do when having more control. It seems impossible to look good at 5/8 when Hunt is at 7. Sullivan needs to make the most of his opportunity this weekend.
I have to say I was almost shocked how good he was, had a blinder, dominated the game, managed the attack from first receiver like he'd been doing it for years, was so confident he bossed the players, our attack and defense. A future captain?

Last edited:

Walpole

Juniors
If there's even a hint that Tino is available we should make the biggest play we can for him. He's still only 23 and pretty close to the best prop in the game. Blood hell, grab his "little" brother too while we're at it.