What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New recruits for 2023

If there's even a hint that Tino is available we should make the biggest play we can for him. He's still only 23 and pretty close to the best prop in the game. Blood hell, grab his "little" brother too while we're at it.
His little brother over David Fifita you are saying. Must looks up the brothers stats. All I know is his name, Issac and like Tino is a prop.

His little brother over David Fifita you are saying. Must looks up the brothers stats. All I know is his name, Issac and like Tino is a prop.
He is no small fry tipping the scales at 110K, even heavier than Tino. Impressive five game stats for the Burleigh Bears.. headed by 132 av. RM, 95% effective tackle. Promise Issac a DC or even Top30 when he arrives, be a huge carrot to lure Tino here as he strongly wants to play together with his little brother.

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
A play for Tino and his brother would be a far better chance of getting a result, rather than Tino and Fafita.

If Hunt goes to the GC next year, he will do exactly like he does here, demand just about everything which may include the captaincy wethere given or not, which in turn may cause friction as it has here.

Offering Tino and his brother as a package. And maybe throw in as 'joint captain' with whoever Flanno decides on. May be a far better opportunity fir him than catching a cold waiting for when Hunt decides he'll pass him the ball.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
I feel it's a pipe dream also, but in any case it drives up their contract and potentially forces one or more players out

Yep, offer them overs. Let the titans pay overs to keep them. Then offer a great contract for mofo, he's getting 750 currently. Happy to offer him more than 750, no way titans can match it. Mofo should be our 'Real' target.

While at it swap hunt for some solid starting 13 players, tannah boyd, fermor or sami.

Suddenly we get Mofo, Fermor & Sami in with Hunt out. Mofo fills our prop needs, Fermor our left edge & Sami our wing. Even 2 of those three would be great.

Did my eyes deceive me or did I read this morning that this basket case club intends targeting both Tino and Fifita after the last Origin game. Boy is that music to my ears.

Ultimately the source is The Daily Telegraph but here is how Fox Sports are reporting it -

SnowDragon

Juniors
Glad we are trying to get big Tino in particular, and together with Fifita it would transform our pack. It’s what we have been crying out for. Then the young guys would follow in the middle, and have time and room to develop outside. Sure it’s not likely at all, but maybe Flanno can sell the dream.

Dragons4me

Juniors
A play for Tino and his brother would be a far better chance of getting a result, rather than Tino and Fafita.

If Hunt goes to the GC next year, he will do exactly like he does here, demand just about everything which may include the captaincy wethere given or not, which in turn may cause friction as it has here.

Offering Tino and his brother as a package. And maybe tin as 'joint captain' with whoever Flanno decides on. May be a far better opportunity fir him than catching a cold waiting for when Hunt decides he'll pass him the ball.

** edit **

twinkletoes

Juniors
Just read a story where Bulldogs are chasing Tino from on Titans but as part of his package they are offering him shares in a Laundy owned pub..apparently approved by Abdo. Story then stated Storm have been doing this for some time offering players shares in chairman Matt Tripp’s betting agency…. Just goes to show the whole game is corrupt and run by dishonest people.
So salaries really don’t mean too much in terms of attracting players under a salary cap when all these shady deals are in play… what chance to we have!!!

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Just read a story where Bulldogs are chasing Tino from on Titans but as part of his package they are offering him shares in a Laundy owned pub..apparently approved by Abdo. Story then stated Storm have been doing this for some time offering players shares in chairman Matt Tripp’s betting agency…. Just goes to show the whole game is corrupt and run by dishonest people.
So salaries really don’t mean too much in terms of attracting players under a salary cap when all these shady deals are in play… what chance to we have!!!
Deleted..
Found the link

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
Dont forget the real estate, the businesses set up (e.g. coffee shops), advertising gigs and jobs in life after footy. Good luck to them but there are many ways

Latest posts