What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Sensations

BennyV

Referee
Semi-related, but if Rein doesn't pick his game up and Garvey doesn't come good, we should be making a massive play for Michael Lichaa...wouldn't come cheap but could potentially give us a massive spine for the next 5-10 years.

getsmarty

Immortal
Spoke to a mate who's kid plays in one of the Junior Rep teams for the Roosters. His kid said Jackson Hastings is full of himself and that the Roosters paid overs for him as well as fast tracking him to replace Pearce in the future. He is already training with the 1st grade squad. Apparently the Roosters are pretty confident about going back to back "as they have the same roster".....

BennyV

Referee
Spoke to a mate who's kid plays in one of the Junior Rep teams for the Roosters. His kid said Jackson Hastings is full of himself and that the Roosters paid overs for him as well as fast tracking him to replace Pearce in the future. He is already training with the 1st grade squad. Apparently the Roosters are pretty confident about going back to back "as they have the same roster".....

Was told the same thing by an under 20s Dragons player last year, but other than that it was bleedingly obvious when you watched him play..

TheRev

First Grade
Semi-related, but if Rein doesn't pick his game up and Garvey doesn't come good, we should be making a massive play for Michael Lichaa...wouldn't come cheap but could potentially give us a massive spine for the next 5-10 years.
If we somehow end up in a situation where we have to buy a hooker given our recent depth, dear lord that will be an epic failure from the coach/board.

Lichaa was the guy i think we saw in the young origin side in 2013? Was close to best on ground, a hooker who has speed and footwork, tore the defence apart, definitely a big step up on Garvey, but the difference is that Garveys is ours.. and just hoping he has lots of development left in him yet and this year he can stay fit and show us the potential, hes probably got 1-2 yrs before he would be ready to replace Rein as the starting hooker.

BennyV

Referee
If we somehow end up in a situation where we have to buy a hooker given our recent depth, dear lord that will be an epic failure from the coach/board.

Lichaa was the guy i think we saw in the young origin side in 2013? Was close to best on ground, a hooker who has speed and footwork, tore the defence apart, definitely a big step up on Garvey, but the difference is that Garveys is ours.. and just hoping he has lots of development left in him yet and this year he can stay fit and show us the potential, hes probably got 1-2 yrs before he would be ready to replace Rein as the starting hooker.

Lichaa was starting hooker with Garvey off the bench...I wouldn't say Lichaa is a BIG step up, but would be a bit of a difference..

Anyway,hoping that Garvey will snag that starting spot by the years end,if not next year

Stinkler

Juniors

I saw him play on Saturday night.
He's a wanker, that's for sure.

GT0007

Juniors

Just realised this was an old post but don't know how to delete my reference to it

Last edited:

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Do you really want to hurt me
Do you really want to make me cry

Go and wash your mouth out !

'My Friend George' are lyrics from a Lou Reed song, not a cross dressing, gerbil lover from London....not that there's anything wrong with that !

TruSaint

Referee
I have often have encountered the same problems as Gorge with initials like ts.
Not that there is anything wrong with that.

supermums

Juniors
Wow its funny how there are so many judgemental people on the Dragons forum
When someone want to critisize a player its always someone told me
Well Hastings was not paid overs Dragons actually offered more but he wanted to be coached and as far as Saturday nights game goes whoever the idiot is that watched it obviously does not know a great deal about football happy to hide behind the keyboard and mouth off.. jelous fathers

Latest posts