What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Shark Barrett has big plans

DJShaksta

First Grade
Where are the trys going to come from once barrett is tied down.

Nowhere

You keep insisting on asking this questiom.
NRL Leading point scorer Luke Covell is still there. Pommeroy and Kearney are still there, Seymour is still there, Misi is still there. Add Baz and Toops and Hughes and I don't think we'll have nearly as hard a time scoring a try next year as we did this.
Your mob on the other hand..................

cb4

First Grade
NRL Leading point scorer Luke Covell is still there. Pommeroy and Kearney are still there, Seymour is still there, Misi is still there. Add Baz and Toops and Hughes and I don't think we'll have nearly as hard a time scoring a try next year as we did this.

yep, i think we will be just fine with those players...
scoring points should be easier in 09

Gaba

First Grade
They need to get the ball if barrett is stopped again i say how are they going to score, yes they will have seymour but he is even taken out of the attack when the opposition sides stop barrett.

Thinking about it the sharks advantage is at least they have a coach who has different plans unlike the roosters

Last edited:
They need to get the ball if barrett is stopped again i say how are they going to score, yes they will have seymour but he is even taken out of the attack when the opposition sides stop barrett.

Thinking about it the sharks advantage is at least they have a coach who has different plans unlike the roosters

If sides target barrett to TRY and stop him feeding the attack they will switch attack to Seymour's side. In anycase with a number of ball playing back rowers shutting barrett down will be the least of the oppositions problems. The real issue for the Sharks now is their right side attack. They need to get Simmo out of there and get a solid right centre in there to strengthen it up. It was a major failing for the side most of 08 and needs addressing to provide options on both sides.

The major question mark remains Bird. If he is gone they need to get a top notch replacement as he was probably to be a major infuence on addressing what you are trying to point out.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Sharks were lucky to beat a reserve grade dragons team while the sharks were full strength, and also had luck in the first game.

Apart from Barrett , the new center , how are the sharks going to score when those players are tied up ?

Get off the gunja Gaba. St George had the dream run to end all dream runs all year long. They trampled a 4 leafed clover, crushed a rabbit's foot and still came up holding a horseshoe they had so much luck with the draw this year.

You guys got a State Cup strength Storm and a Jim Beam cup strength Broncos during origin time for starters. All year as soon as some teams key player/s went down it'd be the lucky Drags that would get that team next outing.

Gaba

First Grade
Get off the gunja Gaba. St George had the dream run to end all dream runs all year long. They trampled a 4 leafed clover, crushed a rabbit's foot and still came up holding a horseshoe they had so much luck with the draw this year.

You guys got a State Cup strength Storm and a Jim Beam cup strength Broncos during origin time for starters. All year as soon as some teams key player/s went down it'd be the lucky Drags that would get that team next outing.

Actually it was the sharks who had the easiest run out of all the teams and had the luck also so it was the sharks who had the 4 leaf clover , and it showed by having the worst attack you had an easy run

struggled to beat a depleted broncos , played titans during origin , knights

sharks would have lost to the broncos and titans ,knights so that 6 points the sharks got what they wouldnt have, and the luck so that 10 points in the easy draw and luck sharks had this year, must have a pot of 4 leaves clovers at the sharks

The draw got the sharks where they finish

Gaba

First Grade
f*ck all tries this year (help me with stats Capn) and still managed to finish the regular season equal first.

Defence son, that's the key to winning games.

Sharks defence was the 4th best behind the dragons,manly and storm, just face it the easy draw and luck got the sharks where they finish.
So it wasnt defence what got the sharks it was the draw and luck thats the only way it could the sharks had the worst attack even worst then the bulldogs, souths LOL

DJShaksta

First Grade
Actually it was the sharks who had the easiest run out of all the teams and had the luck also so it was the sharks who had the 4 leaf clover , and it showed by having the worst attack you had an easy run

struggled to beat a depleted broncos , played titans during origin , knights

sharks would have lost to the broncos and titans ,knights so that 6 points the sharks got what they wouldnt have, and the luck so that 10 points in the easy draw and luck sharks had this year, must have a pot of 4 leaves clovers at the sharks

The draw got the sharks where they finish

HAHAHA, that post takes the cake for most ridiculous of the year.
Comparing Titans and Knights during Origin to Melbourne :lol::lol:

Gaba

First Grade
HAHAHA, that post takes the cake for most ridiculous of the year.
Comparing Titans and Knights during Origin to Melbourne :lol::lol:

The dragons can beat the broncos and titans out of origin the sharks cant and newcastle so that 6 points the sharks got what they wouldnt have it the othersides werent weaken

so it shows the sharks had the easiest run, even a weaken melbourne side during the origin probably would have made the sharks struggled since they struggled against a weak boncos teams LOL

The sharks still had the worst attack then souths and the bulldogs and cowboys this year :lol::lol:

Last edited:

DJShaksta

First Grade
You know we beat the full strength Storm team in Melbourne in rnd 2 right??
Us and the Warriors are the ONLY teams to do that in 2 years.

But what would I know right?? My team finished equal 1st with 17 wins for the reg season, 2 of those against your pathetic rabble.
But wait, you scored more pts than us and that whats matter right LoL

Gaba

First Grade
You know we beat the full strength Storm team in Melbourne in rnd 2 right??
Us and the Warriors are the ONLY teams to do that in 2 years.

But what would I know right?? My team finished equal 1st with 17 wins for the reg season, 2 of those against your pathetic rabble.
But wait, you scored more pts than us and that whats matter right LoL

Round 2 doesnt meant much but the sharks always thinks the beginning of the year is the more important time, everyone knows once round 13 comes sharks are only making up the numbers
the sharks are gone whenthe finals come around , the sharks proved it when they couldnt score a point against a weaken storm side who were gone weeks before

Last edited:

DJShaksta

First Grade
Rnd 2 doesn't mean much??
But you are highlighting other regular season games as important factors??

You wanna talk finals?? we got beat in week 3, How far did your team get?
We went down 28-0 to the side that got beaten 40-0 in the GF, read into that what you will. Either that 1 team is so far above everyone else or the teams that lost turned up and played bad games. It doesn't matter, a loss is a loss.
Speaking of losses, your 26-0 defeat down at Olympic park when you played a full Storm team must be a highlight of your season??
Or was it when you lost to us, the Dogs and the Cowboys in successive weeks that did it for you?

Gaba

First Grade
The dragons had 12 men and still lost less then a full strength sharks team against the storm who was depleted and were gone, the dragons werent expected to be in the finals, plus they lost the premiers, who the dragons beat earlier in the year while the dragons were understrength.

Anyway we could go on and on about it, the season is finish now , i just dont think Barrett will be the sharks saviour you still need more attacking options

Latest posts