What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New signing Ikahihifo

GC Dragon

Juniors
With all the back rowers we now have i think Joel Thompson offers more as a left centre . Better attack and defence .

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
I think aiktken needs to stay at right centre, he looked better as the season progressed. I'd have Dugan at left centre and Mann at fullback. That leaves matatuia, glymin, dufty, Carr and Thompson to fight it out for that left wing spot.

The Nick

Bench
There is more to his story, besides the peptide use? He also admitted ( stupidly) to trafficking the stuff, so that charge has not been resolved yet, I believe??

He "trafficked" a personal dose to his GP to have it administered. It's not like he flew tonnes of it into the country from Thailand.

I know ASADA is desperate for a win to give some sort of credibility to this garbage, but the fact is they can't afford to be so pedantic when they've effectively given everyone else a slap on the wrist.

Still waiting for anyone to explain how peptides supposedly enhance performance, but that's a conversation for another day.

chuckles

Juniors
From what I have been told and they have been correct with nearly all the new signings including ikahihifo , I was told this over a week ago , Dugan is to play centre and Mann to fullback next season..
I assume Mann being a 5/8th means he will be our ball playing fullback we have missed since Boyd left??
At least we now have options.

BennyV

Referee
From what I have been told and they have been correct with nearly all the new signings including ikahihifo , I was told this over a week ago , Dugan is to play centre and Mann to fullback next season..
I assume Mann being a 5/8th means he will be our ball playing fullback we have missed since Boyd left??
At least we now have options.

Thought that may have been the case.

V

Vasilevsky

I can only guess the club has high hopes in some juniors coming through in the backs. Remembering of course that Hornby and Young both came into first grade during a period when the coach had no hesitation in bringing in (lots of) young players.

V

Vasilevsky

Dugan has the power game to play centre.

Mann has the passing game to play as another attacking option at fullback.

No. Dugan will be staying where he is. Need him popping up everywhere, breaking tackles and making good meters. What he lacks in passing he makes up for in every other facet of a fullbacks game.

GC Dragon

Juniors
Yeah i like Mann at fullback and Dugan at right centre . Also Mann wants to play fullback and Dugan wants to play centre .

I would like to see Joel Thompson at left centre . With the young blokes Glymin , Thompson, Dufty , Carr given a chance for both wings .

Aitken's on the bench as a utility player .

If Thompson if forced to centre watch him ask for another release.

Dufty, Carr and I Thompson need time in the NSW Cup to adjust to a more senior level of football they will certainly benefit from it.

Aitken on the bench makes no sense sorry he either starts or wouldn't be in the team.

GC Dragon

Juniors
Your right if Thompson is moved to centre he probably will want out and it wont happen . But just my opinion that he is our best left centre .

I hope a couple of those young blokes progress quickly through the NSW Cup because the older options from what they did this year are not really up to it .

With Aitken i see him as a future Lock . Time will tell

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Rein to start, havilli to come and and play 20 minutes at hooker, then he can move and play some back row when rein comes back on. That way, we are not wasting a position on the bench with a player who can only play hooker. It worked well with young/fein. Obviously rein/havilli are no where near the same class, but it's a smart way to stack your bench.

For mine, that left wing spot needs to be sorted, and I'd prefer someone with some height and speed (running type that is)!

Country Dragon

Juniors
Your right if Thompson is moved to centre he probably will want out and it wont happen . But just my opinion that he is our best left centre .

I hope a couple of those young blokes progress quickly through the NSW Cup because the older options from what they did this year are not really up to it .

With Aitken i see him as a future Lock . Time will tell

If we need a slow centre we could get Matt Prior back!

Last edited: