What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signing !?!

SDM

First Grade
The OP suggests that he will not join until next season.

I have heard the Cowboys also released Kaufusi effective immediately to Newy.

Bazal

Post Whore
Yeah, good depth signing, can play back row and prop. He'll probably show up on the bench rather than Oake at times but play mostly for Wenty. Big unit who can play very tough when he wants to but he's an even gentler bloke than Fui from what I hear and can also be pretty soft...maybe playing and training with Fui will teach him some aggression/

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah, good depth signing, can play back row and prop. He'll probably show up on the bench rather than Oake at times but play mostly for Wenty. Big unit who can play very tough when he wants to but he's an even gentler bloke than Fui from what I hear and can also be pretty soft...maybe playing and training with Fui will teach him some aggression/

No doubt they would have chatted to Fui about him. He played in the 2008 WC Tongan side with Manny (as did Feliti & Etu).

Parra Steve

Juniors
wasnt he the one who smashed Anista? or was that someone else?

Decent buy, should see a few first grade games here.

parra pete

Referee
i actually meant Shack but in Manny's case I have no idea of the details and his signing is still a speculation but given that they've waited until the 11th hour to do a deal makes me think that he'll be on a very minimal contract until the end of the year and possibly a fulltime contract for next year given that he was signed until the end of 2011 with the cows..

Is this what this refers to "Manny are called, few are chosen"....??

Bow_rider

Juniors
Could not even make the Cowboys feeder club Northern Pride top 13, who are running 9th. What the hell are Parra thinking. He will be at Wenty putting one of the locals out of a team. Obviously they had to pay nothing for him.

lingard

Coach
Nice guy.

Big unit.

Soft as a pillow though.

I remember in his last year at Souths, we played a game against Canberra at home that we were expected to win. They had almost all of their forward pack out through injury and fielded a pack full of nobody's. Still managed to smash us though...

Anyway, Manase was defending under the goal posts and deadset nearly took up all the space between the uprights, he is that big. Some tiny second rower from Canberra who hasn't been sighted since, picked the ball up out of dummy half about 5 out and run over Manase like he wasn't even there. Didn't bother stepping or dummying, just tucked the ball under his arm and ploughed through Manase like a farmer ploughs through wheat. At that stage I knew he was absolutely useless. The evidence had been mounting up for some time, but that incident proved the theory conclusively for me.

As I said, big unit. Lovely bloke, plenty of talent, but a gentle giant and thats not what you want in an NRL forward.

Could he play half-back, then?

Eels Dude

Coach
Cowboys have a habit of ruining all their fringe recruits. Perhaps with better coaching he could become a better player.

BissyB

Juniors
Hope DA improves him cause i've never rated the bloke. Well, hope he proves me wrong. How much do you guys think we bought him for?