What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signing !?!

Eels Dude

Coach
Hope DA improves him cause i've never rated the bloke. Well, hope he proves me wrong. How much do you guys think we bought him for?

We haven't even bought him yet. I'ts just speculation. Cowboys will probably pay part of his contract if he is released early.

Pazza

First Grade
some of our best signings have been no bodies such as drew, kingston, moi moi, westley etc lets see what this guy can bring, the worst thing that can happen is that he just plays for wenty!

Stagger eel

Staff member
FFS!! people get over it, he's nothing more than a depth signing...lol

FMD! there's some drama queens here.

oldmancraigy

Coach
FFS!! people get over it, he's nothing more than a depth signing...lol

FMD! there's some drama queens here.

Agreed.

The guy has some SERIOUS ability when he puts it together on the footy field.

He was in the Kiwi's train on squad for the 2008 world cup - not bad for a huge unit who is mobile enough to play backrow.

Tongan - so I wonder how Fui might fire him up?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Agreed.

The guy has some SERIOUS ability when he puts it together on the footy field.

He was in the Kiwi's train on squad for the 2008 world cup - not bad for a huge unit who is mobile enough to play backrow.

Tongan - so I wonder how Fui might fire him up?

I'm not sure how much backrow he's played but what this tells me is that the coaching staff don't rate the 5th option prop, in this case we're probably talking about Pele Peletese or even Mitch Allgood..

the club are probably trying to cover for Tim Mannah who would almost be an aotomatic selection for the Origin 3..

btw, there's a seperate problem right there if Timmy does make it and that is bonus payments..

slammingsam

Juniors
Manase will win all the strength tests and what not but he is a pillow on the field.
He was looking good when he first came into the NRL - then he busted his nose in 2006 and has been soft ever since then.

I would worry if he is making your starting 17.

Parraren

Bench
Putting recent rumours together, 2011 might look something like this...

1.Hayne
2.Burt
3.Tahu
4.Reddy
5.Grothe

6.Humble/Mortimer
7.Cronk

8.Poore
9.Robson
10.Moi Moi
11.Hindmarsh
12.Smith
13.Horo

14.Mitchell/Mortimer/Humble
15.Mannah
16.Shackleton
17.Oake/Manuokafoa

18.Mitchell/Mortimer/Humble
19.M Keating
20.Oake/Manuokafoa
21.Wright
22.Lasalo
23.Uasele
24.?
25.?

yy_cheng

Coach
Putting recent rumours together, 2011 might look something like this...

1.Hayne
2.Burt
3.Tahu
4.Reddy
5.Grothe

6.Humble/Mortimer
7.Cronk

8.Poore
9.Robson
10.Moi Moi
11.Hindmarsh
12.Smith
13.Horo

14.Mitchell/Mortimer/Humble
15.Mannah
16.Shackleton
17.Oake/Manuokafoa

18.Mitchell/Mortimer/Humble
19.M Keating
20.Oake/Manuokafoa
21.Wright
22.Lasalo
23.Uasele
24.?
25.?

Are there rumours that Grothe will be resigning?

I thought our offer of 120K for a winger was too little.

Isn't Oake also off contract end of this year?

andrew057

First Grade
That was your opinion on Justin Poore too, if I remember correctly..
You don't know what youre talking about. Find me where I said anything like that.

I've been a big supporter of Poore from the beginning. Unlike some other Parra 'fans'.

Last edited:

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I dont mond Manese. He has potiential, but never really seems to fulfil it. Good offload on him.

My girl went to school with him and turns out that he and Eddie Paea have some stories to tell from school. Mostly harmless kid stuff.

Gronk

Staff member
Are there rumours that Grothe will be resigning?

I thought our offer of 120K for a winger was too little.

Isn't Oake also off contract end of this year?

The tone of the Telecrap article this morning in Footy Confidential suggests that he won't be with us next year. The Cowboys are chasing him but seeing that he's opening a coffee shop in Cronulla, they suggest that he'll be playing somewhere in Sydney. My take on this is that if he was staying with us the article would not have written.

Stagger eel

Staff member
That is a big loss. Especially with Inu going as well. The backline now looks very inexperienced.

with over 100 players of NRL experiance still off contract, not to mention those available from the ESL, I think you're going off too soon with that statement.

hybrideel

Bench
what winger off contract would be a better option than guru and be happy to stay for the reported $120K cap that DA puts on wingers