What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings - All available information

Nuffy

Bench
This is a thread for everyone to post any and all available information on the new faces in our team. I don't know a lot about most of the new guys and I'm sure that many are in the same boat so hopefully we can all learn together.

New faces

Kirk Reynoldson
Jesse Royal
Kurt Hancock
Dustin Cooper
Grant Wooden
Dane Campbell

Anymore I have left out?
Where are we at with Simon Grix?

antonius

Coach
macavity said:
Dustin Cooper...

:?:
Former Melbourne Storm player.

Winger/Centre

23 years old

9 tries from 17 matches this season in the Storms first grade side.

100kgs

194 centimetres tall.

Signed for two years.

roopy

Referee
Interesting thing about Grant Wooden - we have a guy who played 7 games of SG Ball for us this year named Sam Wooden who is also from the Central Coast and may be a relative.
Sam Wooden is nothing like Grant though. He is a bit too small to be a forward, and a bit too slow to be a back (he plays lock and fullback), but he is the most amazing broken field runner I've seen in ages - in the same class as Spiteri and Tahu (well he looks that class at the Ball level).
He played one game at fullback this year at Toronto where we played on a wet and slippery field - and he stepped his way through the entire opposition team at will to score three brilliant individual tries. He has the most balanced running style you could imagine.

roopy

Referee
keeney said:
but hes slow?
To be honest, he looks like he doesn't train. He is slow, weak and unfit.
I've seen him run the length of the field, beating everyone he could find, some of them twice I think, then take 10 minutes to get his wind back and get back to the other end of the field.
Still, I think he could be anything if he applied himself. I just doubt it will happen.

roopy

Referee
Kurt Hancock is a second row forward who played for Norths in the Premier League till 2002 when he went to France to play for Paris in the 2002/2003 domestic comp.
He returned to Australia and has been playing for Bathurst St Pats this year.
He played for NSW country against Qld country and NZ A (Bartercard Cup players), and he also played for NSW residents against Qld residents alongside Riley Brown in a SOO curtain raiser (against Grant Wooden and Dane Campbell I think).
He played all those rep games off the bench.

roopy

Referee
I forgot to mention that Hancock captained Weston Divisnion, who won the country divisional championships this year (Newcastle was knocked out in the first round).

General Knight

Juniors
Well how about Simon Grix? Whatever happened to him? Im really excited about this guy cause he seems like a great talent at only 18 and plus being a utility back makes him handy. I think he has played everywhere in the back except for halfback.

Rex Banner

Juniors
roopy said:
Interesting thing about Grant Wooden - we have a guy who played 7 games of SG Ball for us this year named Sam Wooden who is also from the Central Coast and may be a relative.
Sam Wooden is nothing like Grant though. He is a bit too small to be a forward, and a bit too slow to be a back (he plays lock and fullback), but he is the most amazing broken field runner I've seen in ages - in the same class as Spiteri and Tahu (well he looks that class at the Ball level).
He played one game at fullback this year at Toronto where we played on a wet and slippery field - and he stepped his way through the entire opposition team at will to score three brilliant individual tries. He has the most balanced running style you could imagine.

Sam Wooden is not from the Central Coast. He lives in Newcestle and has played all his junior football with Wests.

As far as being unfit goes - I dout if any junior in the club would train as hard as him away from regular training sessions both fitness and gym.

roopy

Referee
Rex Banner said:
roopy said:

Sam Wooden is not from the Central Coast. He lives in Newcestle and has played all his junior football with Wests.

As far as being unfit goes - I dout if any junior in the club would train as hard as him away from regular training sessions both fitness and gym.
Thanks for the info Rex.
I hope he goes on with it, because I love to watch him play - some of the runs he made in the last two seasons were classics, but I have to say he doesn't look fit to me.
Looking at him play, I wonder how good he would have gone at soccer if he had taken it up at an early age. He has such wonderful balance and footwork I expect he would have been brilliant at it.

roopy

Referee
Bring it home Knights said:
Who is this dane cambell?
A halfback who has been playing in the Qld cup. He was in the Broncos junior squad for four years and did last off season training with the cowboys.
He represented Qld all through the juniors and played for Qld residents this season.
All I've heard about him is that he has the skills but is a bit slow.

General Knight

Juniors
I just heard from the QLD forum that Dane Campbell had not signed with us yet because the Knights are waiting for an outcome from Rooster's Luke Dorn. If Dorn signs with the Knights Campbell will most likely go elsewhere.