What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings - All available information

Misanthrope

Staff member
Dorn would be a better buy than Campbell, assuming he doesn't want to be a firsts' player. Can't imagine that'd be the case, given that his career has been put on life support since joining the Roosters.

Would be a very astute buy, if we could snare him. He's a more naturally gifted five eighth than Witt/Kidley.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
CCGenerals said:
I just heard from the QLD forum that Dane Campbell had not signed with us yet because the Knights are waiting for an outcome from Rooster's Luke Dorn. If Dorn signs with the Knights Campbell will most likely go elsewhere.

What about bulgarelli

General Knight

Juniors
Bring it home Knights said:
CCGenerals said:
I just heard from the QLD forum that Dane Campbell had not signed with us yet because the Knights are waiting for an outcome from Rooster's Luke Dorn. If Dorn signs with the Knights Campbell will most likely go elsewhere.

What about bulgarelli

Ha funny mate! Not! :roll:

antonius

Coach
Todays Newcastle paper is saying Dane Campell has signed with us. The Knights are still talking with Grix.

General Knight

Juniors
I hope that Grix bloke comes, he sounds like he has alot of talent. He has played everywhere for Halifax from 1-6. Although then again many brits who come to australia never play well (thorman) except for maybe Morley.

thuganomics

Coach
antonius said:
Todays Newcastle paper is saying Dane Campell has signed with us. The Knights are still talking with Grix.

Well thats great News, i realyl hope that we get Grix. Reports say he is one of the best talents going around.

General Knight

Juniors
Looks like next year the will be the Knights year. There are so mony new poeple coming to the club and a few of our younger guys coming through like Tilse, Snowden, Tighe, etc. Its getting tougher and tougher to choose a FG team next. Cause you never now who will be playing better than who. If we do get Grix then we have Seage, Salkeld, Quinn, Hall, Carmont, Tighe, Gidley, Hughes, Cooper and if if things go well, Grix - Thats a good list of wingers/centres. I wonder which of those will go next year. We have like 10 backs (not including halves). The club might let go of Hughes, and maybe Hall.

Whats Doing

Bench
Todays Newcastle paper is saying Dane Campell has signed with us

'While he will give us some depth, I can't say he will push for 1st grade selection. Whilst he has very good skills, he is not that quick which really is necessary for a player of his size.

Earl

Coach
antonius said:
macavity said:
Dustin Cooper...

:?:
Former Melbourne Storm player.

Winger/Centre

23 years old

9 tries from 17 matches this season in the Storms first grade side.

100kgs

194 centimetres tall.

Signed for two years.

Melbourne signed him as a fullback, but used him on the wing. So he is more of a Winger/Fullback :p

antonius

Coach
Earl said:
antonius said:
macavity said:
Dustin Cooper...

:?:
Former Melbourne Storm player.

Winger/Centre

23 years old

9 tries from 17 matches this season in the Storms first grade side.

100kgs

194 centimetres tall.

Signed for two years.

Melbourne signed him as a fullback, but used him on the wing. So he is more of a Winger/Fullback :p

That may be what they signed him as but his profile is saying Winger/Centre. He would be good at the back though, he looks safe under the high ball, a bloke with his size and speed would make a pretty handy centre don't you reckon?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Matt Lantry is going back to newcastle, he spent a couple of season with us in flegg and the odd Premier league game.

roopy

Referee
eelavation said:
Matt Lantry is going back to newcastle, he spent a couple of season with us in flegg and the odd Premier league game.
Great to hear. We are a bit light on for good backs - and it was nice of Parra to pay him a lot of money and train him for a couple of years.
He was playing Premier League before he left us, so I hope he hasn't picked up any injuries since he left.

Earl

Coach
How could Newcastle possibly afford Dorn???

Surely he too wouldn't play for match payments, and even if he did there would have to be some big paycuts come 2006 :?:

Ben

Bench
im just hoping we arent paying too much for these 'match payments' guys because i dont want to lose some quality players next year