What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings- Take 2

Feki is bae

Juniors
Well we're kind of left our home ground so they can build the thing to show for it.

I mean $$$ not an apartment complex. The only point of the development is to bring us income. We're a football club not a business that just develops f***ing property for the hell of it.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Didn't we buy Kareela at a steal ?

And clear all our debts ?

And we have 12 million or to build a kick ass leagues club that will benefit the club for years to come ?

Didn't we buy Kareela at a steal ?

And clear all our debts ?

And we have 12 million or to build a kick ass leagues club that will benefit the club for years to come ?
I think maybe the Leagues Club being built is part of the sale that happened. The club isn't paying for the rebuild... I think that was the deal

Tiger Shark

Bench
I think maybe the Leagues Club being built is part of the sale that happened. The club isn't paying for the rebuild... I think that was the deal

I'm sure Dino or who ever the other CEO who was here for a week said that 12m from our funds was being put aside for the Leagues club upgrades.

Maybe they're building it, and we're fitting it out ?

Quicksilver

Bench
I mean $$$ not an apartment complex. The only point of the development is to bring us income. We're a football club not a business that just develops f***ing property for the hell of it.

Football costs more than it makes. You need a millionaire or a side hustle.

Stake Removed

First Grade
So we missed out on Burton another miss by Bomber reported we offered $620k per season
This was for 2022 so we are in the market and missing, we chased a half back that shows CT unwanted so let's move him on then.
Why are we not now targeting a fullback for 2022

Stake Removed

First Grade
There is some quality players already available for end of 2021 some of them are youngsters and some veterans again can we land any I have my doubts for start we need a quality fullback and there is 6 available
Corey Allan
Scott Drinkwater
James Tedesco
Matt Dufty
Anthony Milford
Nicho Hynes

Tiger Shark

Bench
So we missed out on Burton another miss by Bomber reported we offered $620k per season
This was for 2022 so we are in the market and missing, we chased a half back that shows CT unwanted so let's move him on then.
Why are we not now targeting a fullback for 2022

Seriously .. did he hit your dog ?

It's not a miss by Bomber. Burton was going to follow Barrett regardless. Not having a coached signed for 2022 is also not Bomber's fault, that's on the club.

I know I shouldn't engage but how do you know we're not targetting a fullback ?

Quicksilver

Bench
This was for 2022 so we are in the market and missing, we chased a half back that shows CT unwanted so let's move him on then.Why are we not now targeting a fullback for 2022

Another miss?

he could have offered him $2mil A year and got him.

Would that make him better?

I’m thankful he’s not just throwing money Willy-nilly.

snout

First Grade
Hats off the doggies.
They had a season where they had a shit side and no wiggle room.

Nek minute.
New coach. Move a few guys on and a side that seriously will play semi footy.

It can turn around pretty quick.
Maybe 2021 aint our year - but we need to be smart and ruthless for 22.

Having said that...does bomber bring stars to the club?
Does the name Green bring a bigger name?

Stake Removed

First Grade
Hats off the doggies.
They had a season where they had a shit side and no wiggle room.

Nek minute.
New coach. Move a few guys on and a side that seriously will play semi footy.

It can turn around pretty quick.
Maybe 2021 aint our year - but we need to be smart and ruthless for 22.

Having said that...does bomber bring stars to the club?
Does the name Green bring a bigger name?
And we signed a prop not wanted from the Dogs

Stake Removed

First Grade
Seriously .. did he hit your dog ?

It's not a miss by Bomber. Burton was going to follow Barrett regardless. Not having a coached signed for 2022 is also not Bomber's fault, that's on the club.

I know I shouldn't engage but how do you know we're not targetting a fullback ?
Let's see how the other clubs with no coach signed for 2022 go.

Seems Tigers getting some players, Maguire yet to resign.
Storm & Sea Eagles in same boat as us let's see how it lines up, we should be no worse off, hang on Eagles already landed 2 players

Storm & Sea Eagles in same boat as us let's see how it lines up, we should be no worse off, hang on Eagles already landed 2 players
Maguire apparently verbally agreed to a new contract until 2023, 3 weeks ago.

"Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire has verbally agreed to a two-year extension that will see him remain at the helm of the club until at least the end of 2023.

Maguire endured a turbulent 2020 campaign with the Tigers, but despite the murmurs of discontent in the playing ranks, club officials have sent a strong message by extending the coach's contract 12 months out from the end of his current deal."

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/we...g-maguire-two-more-years-20201101-p56ajk.html

AJB1102

First Grade

Who do you want signed and why? I'm not sure we've even got money till next year but even then we don't wanna just splash cash cause we got it. You're way better off making no signing than making the wrong signing. I'm sure if a better fullback bobbed up in our price range we'd go at it. With SJ, Chad, Tracey, Trindall and Metcalf any interest from us in Burton would be for 2022 whereas I think we all know he'll get an early release and be a Bulldog in 2021 and get paid what we couldn't offer till a year later. Manly lost AFB, Waddell, Thompson they had to restock.

chewsta

First Grade
So once Xerri has done his time and is allowed to play again, would anybody in here or at the club want him back again?

Latest posts