What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Shark

Immortal
What makes me laugh (& cry) is I distinctly remember Flanno saying in the off-season that we'd have to be playing more attacking football in 2015, when asked about the likes of youngsters Valentine Holmes & Nu Brown in the squad.

Nothing has changed this year at all. I think he just doesn't know how to change tactics...or moreso, scared to change. As I said before, he coaches not to lose, instead of to win.

Craigshark

First Grade
What makes me laugh (& cry) is I distinctly remember Flanno saying in the off-season that we'd have to be playing more attacking football in 2015, when asked about the likes of youngsters Valentine Holmes & Nu Brown in the squad.

Nothing has changed this year at all. I think he just doesn't know how to change tactics...or moreso, scared to change. As I said before, he coaches not to lose, instead of to win.

That seems to be the main problem with his coaching. He coaches us not to lose and not to make many mistakes. Problem is if we have an off day and make mistakes we're f**ked and don't have the attack to make up for it.

Even our second phase has disapeared this year. We look a better attacking team when we offload but it seems like we're coached not to.

ghoti

Bench

To be fair to ding dong Flanagan, he was forced to make some pretty huge changes early on... Nu got injured which took away that pace around the middle (honestly think he'd be in the 7 by now if he wasn't out) and Barba didn't fire (or didn't get enough of a chance) at five-eighth, plus was suspended forcing his hand. Any attacking footy that would've been trained for in the off-season would've died in those events.

But yeah...you can't look at the way we run our attacking plays and suggest that there's any attacking structure in there that's at all serious

Ads

First Grade
But yeah...you can't look at the way we run our attacking plays and suggest that there's any attacking structure in there that's at all serious

Those second man plays that involve Gallen, Robson, Graham and usually Gordon are so bad its embarrassing. There is no excuse for that stock play to be so bad considering the amount of time these guys have had together. That its still f**ked is all the evidence you need that Flanno has no idea in attack.

webShark

To be fair to ding dong Flanagan, he was forced to make some pretty huge changes early on... Nu got injured which took away that pace around the middle (honestly think he'd be in the 7 by now if he wasn't out)

No way Flanno picks Nu over Brown. In hindsight we are lucky Wade threw an intercept to lose a game. Otherwise, I doubt we would have even seen Bird.

Card Shark

Immortal
It shouldn't have taken losing a game to see change.

Unfortunately it didn't happen after the Warriors game too.

Surely

Post Whore
Maybe one of you guys can be the attack coach.

We just don't have the cattle to be racking up big scores, even Holmes would get run down in the open.

There's no speed in the team.

Ads

First Grade

We just don't have the cattle to be racking up big scores, even Holmes would get run down in the open.

If I was the coach for as long as Flanno has been I would have recruited speed to fix the glaringly obvious lack of speed by now.

ghoti

Bench

Between Beale Leutele and [fullback]* we've got the cattle in the backs to do the job. Feki and [winger]* also as support players. The issue is the way they're getting delivered the ball, which is so problematic for our attacking raids, but I can only imagine is coached that way to keep the play near the advantage line (i.e. the dud play of Robson to Graham rarely actually loses meters...just trying to understand the logic for that one.) If Beale or Loots were given ball with space to move, draw and pass, we double our line break stats EASY.

The sloppy disallowed try to Holmes against the Rorts was an incredibly poorly run play...featuring two dud decoy runners, and Graham literally screaming and pointing at Holmes to make sure Robson got the ball to him. Watch it again and you'll see that the whole issue was because Robson by rote was going straight to Graham. It took him a full two seconds to figure out that Holmes was at full pace and headed for a backing up defensive line.

*any of Gordon, Holmes or Barba with support

(In short, I'd love to coach our attack, give me $100k and the club singlet and I'm there).

carcharias

Immortal
It was a try.
Superbly played double decoy fake to shimmy shimmy.
So advanced the ref had to disallow it.

Speaking of ...
What do you'll make of the kiwis (?) wall in front of the kicker the other night.
It looked unreal... Like big jack had been coaching them.

Ads

First Grade
It was a try.
Superbly played double decoy fake to shimmy shimmy.
So advanced the ref had to disallow it.

Speaking of ...
What do you'll make of the kiwis (?) wall in front of the kicker the other night.
It looked unreal... Like big jack had been coaching them.

That Warriors play is such an obvious thing to do. Cant believe no team really does it. There is a real lack of tacticians in the coaching ranks of league.

carcharias

Immortal
That Warriors play is such an obvious thing to do. Cant believe no team really does it. There is a real lack of tacticians in the coaching ranks of league.

The commentators were all none the wiser as well.
They were saying it is a penalty for obstruction.

Card Shark

Immortal

It was so advanced, it even involved the ref.

Did you notice him lying down a few metres in front of the kicker as he was going to obstruct the shot.

No way anyone was blocking that kick.

southland

Juniors
Classic sound byte from the commentators during Titans game this year was: "Robson double pumps to ... nobody."

southland

Juniors
If we scoop a couple of Warriors with Chad hope one of them is that young Mariner guy. Beast - fresh 2nd rower or centre.

Maccas4177

Juniors
A few people on the FB fluff site have mentioned cordner a few times over the last few days. Are we in talks with him?

Status
Not open for further replies.