What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New South Wales 2016

nick87

Coach
I think austin is the type of player that could lose his head in the big moment of a debut origin series
If he's going to be in the team i think playing him off the bench in an impact, x-factor role is perfect to wet his beak and maybe position himself as the 5/8th after a few games off the bench

Sezer needs to just keep his head down and play his game. It's there for him if he wants it

ram raid

Bench
I'm sold on the Canberra halves. But 3 weeks ago I was advocating for Moses and Brooks. So I'm taking my own thoughts as grains of salt for the time being.

legend

Coach
Tedesco
Ferguson
Jennings
Dugan
Morris
Austin
Sezer
Gallen
Bird
Scott
Woods
Ennis
Tamou

Cartwright
Klemmer
Boyd
Lewis/Graham

legend

Coach
I do not rate Josh Jackson as an Origin player. Solid club player but definitely not a rep level player.

I reckon both Boyd and Vaughan are in the running given their strong start to the season.

I'm not sold on Roberts yet either. I think Daley will stick with Jennings and Dugan in the centres.

Clifferd

Coach
Ennis has failed so much at origin level it isn't funny. Good club man but no origin

Farah has never really had a bad game at origin level, he should be this years hooker again then move onto Peats next year

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Roberts might snag a wing spot vacated by BMoz

Tedesco has to be fullback

Sezer and Maloney are the best halves we have

Joe's Magpies

Juniors
Ennis has failed so much at origin level it isn't funny. Good club man but no origin

Farah has never really had a bad game at origin level, he should be this years hooker again then move onto Peats next year

Well said on Ennis. He is and always will be a massive liability in origin. All his games have been crap. When Farah retires, Peats will take over.

halfbackBENHUNT

Juniors
1. Dugan
2. Roberts
3. Jennings
4. Morris
5. Hopoate
6. Maloney
7. Hodkinson
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Tamou
11. Scott
12. Jackson
13. Gallen

14. Fifita
15. Klemmer
16. Merrin
17. Graham

mattyg

Bench
1. Tedesco
2. Hopoate / Dugan
3. Jennings
4. Morris
5. Roberts / Dugan
6. J.Reynolds
7. Sezer
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Tamou
11. Scott
12. Jackson
13. Gallen

14. Klemmer
15. Fifita
16. James
17. Merrin

TheFrog

Coach
Cartwright isn't ready,this is obvious because no panther fans are picking him in sides.

Panther players do not get picked for NSW. I'd suggest Mansour is the best winger available, but everyone wants to pick proven failures or players out of position (or both) like Hopoate, Ferguson, Roberts and Dugan. And they wonder why we lose year in and year out.

Peter Wallace would be very useful as well, having been there before, but his chances are precisely nil.

lafai

Bench
1. Dugan
2. Hopoate
3. Jennings
4. JMoz
5. Tupou
6. J.Reynolds
7. Hodkinson
8. Gallen
9. Farah
10. Woods
11. Hoffman
12. Scott
13. Bird
14. Tamou
15. Klemmer
16. Fifita
17. Lewis

SBD82

Coach
Can everyone please stop saying Dugan should play wing? It makes you look super dumb.

If you dont know why I suggest you either watch his game on the wing for Australia or the Rd 1 2016 game Dragons vs Melboutne.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Great to see Daley is playing it safe this year, I mean that has worked really well the last 10.

Ffs I'd rather us blood some younger blokes and if we lose we are building for something. Unlike picking the same trundlers and getting touched up yet again. The guy is a dead set moron.

This is why when Daley was chosen as coach for the Blues I said that if you think that your selection woes will cease, you're kidding yourselves.

The funny part of this all, is that when Daley gets pushed(and he will get pushed) out of the job, he'll mosey on back to being a selector again.

Daley and Bozo selected all the teams that were trounced by the Maroons between 2006 and 2010. Bozo has remained as incumbent selector for the entire decade. Daley has had his fingers in that same mess of a pie as a selector and now as coach he also gets a big say in who is selected.

The result: A record breaking(and probably never to be repeated by either team) run of losses for NSW and humiliatingly, the biggest ever losing margin in the history of the Origin format. That is the fruit of Daley and Bozo.

The enemies of Blues victory don't wear Maroon*. They wear sky blue jerseys and run the NSW show. Run it right into the ground, that is.

*Consider that there are people above Bozo and Daley in the Blues hierarchy who appoint them to their jobs. Those people seemingly don't have any problem with Daley and Bozo's track record for the last decade. NONE WHATSOEVER. As a Maroon fan, I sincerely hope that Bozo and Daley stay healthy and have long careers in the NSWRL structures. Decades long. They are doing a superb job on behalf of Queensland.

Having been the only coach in the last ten years to have achieved a victory in Origin for NSW only increases Daley's standing with the NSWRL. He might be moved out of the coaching position, but won't be utterly jettisoned due to that fact. Just shuffled to another position of influence.

NSW will win another series sometime but dire selection strategies are sure to dog the Blues for years to come thanks to Bozo and Daley and many others. Don't throw the hanky away just yet guys.

skeepe

Immortal
Lol. Laurie says to be selected you have to show great form over a sustained period of time, be banging down the door to be selected... then suggests Trent Hodkinson as one of the halves.

Hilarious stuff.

BranVan3000

Coach
Picking Sezer and Austin on literally 1-2 good games is exactly what Blues have done wrong in the past.

Go with a proven running five eighth in Maloney and a half back with a controlled kicking game in Hodkinson or A Reynolds. I know having a half who can kick will be a new concept for the Blues, but why don't we try it!!

If One of the Raiders halves has to be picked Sezer at least has a kicking game but for mine he is too raw and doesn't have any big game experience

gordsy

Juniors
Lol. Laurie says to be selected you have to show great form over a sustained period of time, be banging down the door to be selected... then suggests Trent Hodkinson as one of the halves.

Hilarious stuff.

Partnered with Josh Reynolds. F$%k me.
Daley has to be on the take from Qld. No other reason, as to why he continually picks sh#t teams makes sense.

BennyV

Referee
Picking Sezer and Austin on literally 1-2 good games is exactly what Blues have done wrong in the past.

Go with a proven running five eighth in Maloney and a half back with a controlled kicking game in Hodkinson or A Reynolds. I know having a half who can kick will be a new concept for the Blues, but why don't we try it!!

If One of the Raiders halves has to be picked Sezer at least has a kicking game but for mine he is too raw and doesn't have any big game experience

False. Picking out-of-form incumbents (like Hodkinson) or media darlings (like Reynolds) is what NSW has been doing wrong. Using 'big game experience' is another bullshit justification, like saying Player X is an 'origin player' - just because a certain player hasn't had the team around him to make the finals doesn't mean he isn't fit for Origin.

Sezer has been the best option for NSW for years, it's just been unfortunate for him that he's been playing for Gold Coast. He's a step up from A.Reynolds, and shits on Hodkison from a great height.

Austin was one of the form 5/8s in the comp last year, and was playing very well for Tigpies the year before. Maloney is better, but given the versatility he showed at Wests he'd be close to perfect for a bench spot.

Last edited:

Latest posts