What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New South Wales 2016

TheFrog

Coach
I get the feeling Daley did not want to drop Moylan either. Didn't I hear him say Moylan was one of NSW's best in Game 2?

This has been the most concerted push to get a player into a rep side I've ever witnessed. Not just in these forums (which I'm sure no-one that matters reads) but in the media as well. I suspect Daley has been dragged kicking and screaming into making this change now.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Or he finally woke up that Moylan as much as he "tried" wasn't good at all. Tedesco is a much better fullback period.

lafai

Bench
I get the feeling Daley did not want to drop Moylan either. Didn't I hear him say Moylan was one of NSW's best in Game 2?

This has been the most concerted push to get a player into a rep side I've ever witnessed. Not just in these forums (which I'm sure no-one that matters reads) but in the media as well. I suspect Daley has been dragged kicking and screaming into making this change now.

Merritt.

TheFrog

Coach
For sentimental reasons?

He's the captain, his club is at the top of the ladder and his form is never bad.

G. Bird is out. I think that isn't based on sentimental reasons.

Gallen looked like an old man in Game 2. Farah kept throwing him the ball and he kept getting buried under the Qld forwards thereby stifling the attack. Both of them are past it.

lockyno1

Post Whore
For sentimental reasons?

He's the captain, his club is at the top of the ladder and his form is never bad.

G. Bird is out. I think that isn't based on sentimental reasons.

Yes losing every series bar one is inspiring I tell you! He's useless. He plays Gallen-ball with his hit ups on the 4th or 5th tackle wasting attacking plays.

TheFrog

Coach
Or he finally woke up that Moylan as much as he "tried" wasn't good at all. Tedesco is a much better fullback period.

Two completely different styles of player. Tedesco is a tremendous running back in fantastic form, but I had the distinct impression Daley wanted to stick to his side, like Qld did when they were 2-0 down.

Instead he's dropped one spine player, and one bench player who played limited minutes anyway. The spine player dropped was far from the worst on the field in the second game. Someone has put a gun to Daley's head I reckon.

Last edited:

Frailty

First Grade
How Ferguson and Jennings manage to keep their spots I will never know.
They have not played well for NSW, and are not in good form at club level either. I didn't even know Jennings was playing against the Sharks on Saturday night.

Clifferd

Coach
Moylan gets dropped and Frog pulls out the conspiracy theories haha

It's not rocket science to know that James Tedesco is just a far superior fullback and I honestly dont think you can fit both of them in there somewhere. Moylan to bench maybe but you couldn't replace Jack Bird either

Tommy Smith

Referee
Moylan gets dropped and Frog pulls out the conspiracy theories haha

It's not rocket science to know that James Tedesco is just a far superior fullback and I honestly dont think you can fit both of them in there somewhere. Moylan to bench maybe but you couldn't replace Jack Bird either
Haha spot on.

I rate Moylan highly. I reckon he's one of the top 20 players in the game. But Teddy is one of the top 5 players in the game. Easily.

So it's really an easy decision. You only have one fullback so pick the best player... SIMPLE.

TheFrog

Coach
I honestly dont think you can fit both of them in there somewhere.

Completely agree with you on this point. We can certainly use him on the weekend as well.

I do hope, though, if your bloke doesn't set the world on fire you will lead the chorus for his dumping, just like you did for Moylan.

thorson1987

Coach

Haha.

One of the dumbest things you have posted.

And thats saying something.

Face it, as a fullback Tedesco>>Moylan.

tigertiger

Juniors
Taumalolo has been doing it all year at the Cowboys. Yes I know he's a lock, just like Gallen.

He only has the world's best player alongside him.

What I'm saying is, the trend lately is for Gallen to be conveniently blamed in all the losses, whether it be 'running it on the 4th' (which is what I thought a forward is obligated to do) or 'hogging the ball' (he gets metres doesn't he? - something our other forwards don't do).

The fault to blame is glaringly obvious - our halves. You can blame whoever else till the cows come home because when they become deer in the headlights against the world's best opposition - we don't win games. Simple.

TheFrog

Coach
But Teddy is one of the top 5 players in the game. Easily.

I dunno really. He's very dangerous indeed when his side is on top, but can be invisible when they are not.

I think it's fairer to compare him to Hayne than Moylan, a different style of player completely. Hayne could disappear in games too. But he could also put something on when his team was under the pump, and he could find holes in the strongest defences.

It would be nice for Jimmy if Queensland left him lots of lovely holes like the Panthers did, or if NSW get 65% of the ball like the Tigers did in Melbourne in the second half, but we all know Queensland are not going to allow him such largesse.

This is his ultimate test. I wish him well.