What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New South Wales 2016

Jason Maher

Immortal
Assuming players are all fit:

1. James Tedesco
2. Josh Mansour
3. Jack Bird
4. Josh Dugan
5. Brett Morris
6. James Maloney
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Aaron Woods (c)
9. Nathan Peats
10. James Tamou
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Boyd Cordner
13. Wade Graham

14. Matt Moylan
15. Bryce Cartwright
16. Andrew Fifita
17. David Klemmer

Aussie Jim on very thin ice. Woods or Maloney seem the only viable captain options from that team. If Reynolds is not available, either Moylan or Bird into the halves.

1. James Tedesco
2. Josh Mansour
3. Jack Bird
4. Josh Dugan
5. Brett Morris
6. James Maloney
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Aaron Woods (c)
9. Nathan Peats
10. James Tamou
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Boyd Cordner
13. Wade Graham

14. Matt Moylan
15. Bryce Cartwright
16. Andrew Fifita
17. David Klemmer

Aussie Jim on very thin ice. Woods or Maloney seem the only viable captain options from that team. If Reynolds is not available, either Moylan or Bird into the halves.

Looks a much better side, although you'd be looking for James Tamou to get a bit more involved.
Good move to get rid of the Gal/Farrah combo and give c to Woods.
Even if this team goes down stick with them as there's plenty of individual talent there.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Honestly don't get this blood in to origin business and needing experience etc. Same game, same rules, same amount of players etc. Just pick 17 for your state who are the best at their each individual position

They all train in the same squad 9 days or so prior to work on combos and what not, and I'm sure 10 mins Ito the game they'll figure out the intensity of origin themselves

U16s, U18s, U20s would go through this every year

Sorry mate but this doesnt fly at all

Combinations dont come easy and team chemistry is arguably more important than "the best 17 in each position". Its rarely that simple

Pearce was one of the best club halves going around when he was selected and he consistently shit the bed at Origin level

The game is very different, especially from a mental level, and not all players seem to be able to handle it.

Caped Crusader

Juniors

1. James Tedesco
2. Josh Mansour
3. Jack Bird
4. Josh Dugan
5. Brett Morris
6. James Maloney
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Aaron Woods (c)
9. Nathan Peats
10. James Tamou
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Boyd Cordner
13. Wade Graham

14. Matt Moylan
15. Bryce Cartwright
16. Andrew Fifita
17. David Klemmer

Lets face it, this is Gals last year and Loz isnt going to drop him

Slot Gal in for Tamou and thats a pretty handy side.

Walpole

Juniors

1. James Tedesco
2. Josh Mansour
3. Jack Bird
4. Josh Dugan
5. Brett Morris
6. James Maloney
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Aaron Woods (c)
9. Nathan Peats
10. James Tamou
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Boyd Cordner
13. Wade Graham

14. Matt Moylan
15. Bryce Cartwright
16. Andrew Fifita
17. David Klemmer

This side looks pretty good. Ryan James and maybe one of the Canberra monsters (Boyd, Vaughan, Paulo) for Tamou and Fifita.

Much better team than what will actually be selected.

Jason Maher

Immortal
This side looks pretty good. Ryan James and maybe one of the Canberra monsters (Boyd, Vaughan, Paulo) for Tamou and Fifita.

Much better team than what will actually be selected.

I would not be averse to any of the players you name. Also the Trbo brothers have to come into consideration. That's the frustrating thing about being a NSW supporter. We've always had plenty of talented youngsters (although not enough in recent times in the key positions of half and hooker), but our selectors and coaches too often ignore them, either not giving them a go, or giving one or two a game or two and then ditching them in favour of older, proven failures. The whole thing reeks of a complete lack of any planning or forethought, and is the primary reason we've lost 10 of the last 11 series.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
Assuming all are fit, I'd like to see this:

1. Tedesco
2. Moylan
3. Bird
4. Dugan
5. Roberts

6. Maloney
7. Reynolds

8. Woods
9. Peats
10. Tamou
11. Frizell
12. Cordner
13. Graham

14. Fifita
15. Klemmer
16. Cartwright
17. Peachey

Vic Mackey

Referee
There won't be mass changes made, there will be very little if any. My guess:

1. Moylan
2. Tedesco
3. Dugan
4. Walker
5. Mansour
6. Maloney
7. Reynolds
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Tamou
11. Jackson
12. Cordner
13. Gallen

14. J.Bird
15. Frizzell
16. Fifita
17. Klemmer

Last edited:

TheFrog

Coach
I reckon pick your fullback and leave it at that. He who misses out misses out. I know Tedesco is a devastating runner with fancy footwork but there's more to being a winger at the highest level than that. There must be or Mansour wouldn't get near the side. FWIW he probably wouldn't be any worse than Ferguson though.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I wouldn't pick tedesco on the wing. However going off Daleys comments last night on 360 I think both teddy and MM will be in the side. Considering Fulton won't drop walker, J Bird was one of our best, Dugan is back and Reynolds will be fit, that's the only combo I see with them all there

betcats

Referee
Tom played in the Under 20's Grand Final last year. He's pretty good for his age but he's not that good.

I would feel much better with Tom on the wing than Blake Ferguson. Tom Turbo is a freak I think he could handle it.

I think barring a couple dreadful games from Teddy he will be FB for game 3. Hopefully they pick Moylan off the bench or in the halves, I wouldn't start him on the wing though, he could cover it but there are much better wingers available and it nullifies his biggest strengths.

Last edited:

Mr Spock!

Referee
I reckon pick your fullback and leave it at that. He who misses out misses out. I know Tedesco is a devastating runner with fancy footwork but there's more to being a winger at the highest level than that. There must be or Mansour wouldn't get near the side. FWIW he probably wouldn't be any worse than Ferguson though.

Really????

Boyd has been on the wing for the past what......5 series.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Really????

Boyd has been on the wing for the past what......5 series.

Little bit different playing on the wing for Qld to NSW mate. Plus boyd played a good what, 3 years wing at Brisbane? Tedesco played 4,5 games on the wing when he came back from injury in 2013.

Tom and Jake are extremely rare in the the sense they play for Bozo's scumf**k side but are actually good enough to be picked for origin. Last last valid Manly player to play for NSW was probably Beaver

TheFrog

Coach
Pick your best 17 in my view, at least as far as possible. That's why I think you need to pick Tedesco, Moylan and Dugan all in the same side.

Sounds like pick the best 17 available regardless of position, and then try to find a position for them all. It's novel, but I don't think it will have Queensland shaking in its boots.

Latest posts