What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Sponsor

Quigs

Immortal
Settle down, it is only a FIVE MILLION DOLLAR GIFT.

Do we know of any other Shire high school teachers who have sons or daughters that are billionaires?

Most of them (the teachers) in my day back at Gymea High were dropkicks.

Inferno

Coach
I wonder what the clubs intentions are for this five million dollar gift and whether there were any strings attached.

It's an awfully generous donation.

Then again if I was a billionaire I'd be making these kinds of generous donations as well.

Geezus!! WTF! A $5million donation??? That’s outrageous! Surely we’ve missed something there. If true that is extremely generous! God Bless!

I wonder what the clubs intentions are for this five million dollar gift and whether there were any strings attached.

It's an awfully generous donation.

Then again if I was a billionaire I'd be making these kinds of generous donations as well.
There's the $12m fitout of the Leagues Club. They're getting a loan for it, that loan could now be $7m, or they could now use $17m.
Or, they could use the money for other investments.
These two in charge, Mace and Dino, seem to be the smartest execs the club has ever had.

Tiger Shark

Bench
There's the $12m fitout of the Leagues Club. They're getting a loan for it, that loan could now be $7m, or they could now use $17m.
Or, they could use the money for other investments.
These two in charge, Mace and Dino, seem to be the smartest execs the club has ever had.
He might have requested it be used for something specific but also sounds like he has faith in current management to use it wisely.

Wonder if this is the start of something larger

If there’s no specific request on how the money is used I’d love to see it used for another cash cow asset.

But as BBB said it could be used to reduce a potential borrowing. Maybe towards a centre of excellence?

I think an investment company would love to see that money invested into something that brings in an immediate return.

I think the Club should keep playing Monopoly and buy into something for cash for immediate returns.

Money makes money.

If this new Leagues Club takes off as a cash cow. We’re going to be in awesome financial shape. Love it !

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Gotta be honest I’m annoyed we are loaning money for the leagues club fit out. I thought we put aside money for that ?

Gotta be honest I’m annoyed we are loaning money for the leagues club fit out. I thought we put aside money for that ?
They decided to keep that money aside for other investments. They're banking on the Leagues Club itself to pay any loans off.
To be truthful I had always thought the original agreement of the development was for the Leagues Club to be included. Seems it wasn't.

I don’t think anyone here said it was a waste of time. Only that the Yanks are a tough market to crack. They are very pro USA sports.

As I said in a previous post the promotion of a Vegas start to the year has been the biggest promotion the game has had since Tina Turner. Probably did more for the game here than in the US.

But I like the fact that Vlandy’s has a 5 year contract.