What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new sposor

Bluto

Juniors
Story in SMH today. Apparently Labour Health want to do in house drug and alcohol testing which is banned by the NRL.
According to 'our No 1 supporter' he is not in the business of giving money away because he is in love with the Sharks.

Quigs

Immortal
Story in SMH today. Apparently Labour Health want to do in house drug and alcohol testing which is banned by the NRL.
According to 'our No 1 supporter' he is not in the business of giving money away because he is in love with the Sharks.

Memory Test here. (I think the world of RL might of conveniently forgotten) Who was the mob that discovered the "abnormally HIGH LEVELS" in the Eastern Suburbs Rorters.

Was that not an inhouse mob.

Pig Champion

Juniors
Memory Test here. (I think the world of RL might of conveniently forgotten) Who was the mob that discovered the "abnormally HIGH LEVELS" in the Eastern Suburbs Rorters.

Was that not an inhouse mob.

Was thinking the same thing, but I think they tested for particular hormone levels not drug levels. Although possibly affected by performance enhancing drugs they could say it was part of looking at a players overall blood chemistry. I could be wrong though.

Madsharkie

First Grade
Haven't Labour Health been replaced for this Fridays game only anyway? Gives us another week to get a new sponsor sorted! ;-) easy

Feej

First Grade
I thought the NRL had to sign off or have visibility over these things? Surely this scenario would have been discussed by all parties? Or did our 'No.1 Supporter' only just raise this after the deal was done?

Call me cynical, but I smell some cheap headlines and advertising here.

carcharias

Immortal
I thought the NRL had to sign off or have visibility over these things? Surely this scenario would have been discussed by all parties? Or did our 'No.1 Supporter' only just raise this after the deal was done?

weird ey.

You'd think the NRL would know the rules and step in before they had it on the jersey for 2 weeks.

I bet the other pathology mob had a whinge.

Ads

First Grade

Not cynical at all. They have just received two/three weeks of good coverage. If they terminate the deal now what would they have paid? 50-100k max?

DJShaksta

First Grade
I am still yet to find a reason why the NRL don't allow clubs to have additional in-house drug testing.

bottle

Coach
Is supporting the Sharks some kind of adversity trial or something?
You know, like the movie 'The Cube', where you have to endure various tortures only to find there is no escape anyway, you just end up getting torched.
Is it a psychometric test, or a Dr. Mengele style experiment?
How much can the normal human being endure before the men in the white coats get called in? I assume they are on some sort of retainer by the club.

Marchad

Juniors
It is just a sign of the times we live in. Where I work they just banned alcohol on site. We have forced randomized drug tests. They call it a fit for work test disguised under the good old we do this for the safety of our workers banner.

Quigs

Immortal
It is just a sign of the times we live in. Where I work they just banned alcohol on site. We have forced randomized drug tests. They call it a fit for work test disguised under the good old we do this for the safety of our workers banner.

You should get out of the Childcare Industry for your own good Marchad.